The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If you were a developer for a day, what changes would you make?

2»

Comments

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited August 2019

Imo, for me was always the fun while playing the Legion, to have a short time window in that you could do your actions.

A longer frenzy would work against that for me, even I have to admit that everything could help the Legion right now. A faster frenzy on the other hand, how you also mentioned it would be taken with open arms :).

-... But btt... I would undone the Legion patch and fix the exploits without a heavy impact on the Legion base abilities. Also I would delete Frank Mixtape and the green and purple knife addon, to prefent possible nerf threads.

-Besides that I would up a wiki in DBD with all the informations around the game. Perks, Killers, Survivors...

For new players and after every new chapter I would let a tutorial pop up in dbd that informs the players about common survivor and killer tactics and how to counter them and also I would make it so, that the tutorial wouldn't go away until the users had click their way through it to the last page.

Yes, some will still not read it, but at least... After that we could say "you should have read the tutorial before you start complaining"^^.

-I would make that the rank only resets after 3 months.

-I would rework the matchmaking, so that red ranks can't come together with all down of that. That would be a slight nerf with the hope to trap 4x swf's there.

-Trapper would start now with 3 traps and change the set up timer for the traps down to 2 secounds.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Id like to see selectable emotes on all players killer and survivor. More than just pointing and waving. Different poses. Maybe a dance step or 2. Moonwalking myers comes to mind! I know the complaints about toxicity would go through the roof but at least it would be fun AND both sides would be able to do it.

My own personal want would be the ability for the killer to give a tbagging/pointing survivor the middle finger. I would pay good money for that lol!

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
  • Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    edited August 2019

I would add firecrackers as a permanent item and give it a few addons as well (permanent meaning not tied to events, it can always appear)

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'd want more unique animations for each killer.

• Mochaa
    Mochaa Member Posts: 4

Buff + Rework Pig addons (particularly skillcheck and dash cooldown mods), since EGC 'effed her endgame badly.

Buff all of Ace's perks

Buff hope and tenacity (give me my ankle-biter build bhvr)

Rework plague's power slightly so one corrupt is in her basekit in exchange for 50 seconds of corrupt instead of a minute. OR increase the penalties for being at max sickness to encourage cleansing.

• sailormars
    sailormars Member Posts: 122
    edited August 2019

Revert Spirit's power cool down to how it was before her buff. Make it so that she only hears audio intermediately while phasing so that she doesn't get free hits any time a survivor is injured. Also I'd make Ghostface not lose his reveal progress when hiding behind an object. This way, he can't stalk, go behind an object when looked at, then stalk again and repeat. This would make it more fair for survivors. Also, I'd make MoM grant stacks with hook saves and exhaustion regain while running for lithe, DH, and balanced(not Sprint Burst). Oh yeah, and remove the useless and unneeded Adrenaline get-up animation that wastes half your sprint and allows the killer to just drop you and hit you as you get up.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    edited August 2019

Supposedly The Doctor, Survivors hide in Lockers to avoid getting Madness when he is nearby and if Doctor is using Iron Maiden then that could be a free down if he doesn't mistake that Scream Location for someone tiering up in Madness.

EDIT---Funny enough if Legion could see Auras during FF instead of the blood pools then this perk would have synergy with them.

• SenatorAcadia
    SenatorAcadia Member Posts: 72

I'd make the perks that people complain about the most, killer and survivor, and make them take up two perk spots.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Exactly ;) if Legion's FF could see Auras then everyone would hide in lockers to avoid being seen, Iron Maiden enters the scene.

• Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275
    edited August 2019
  • Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275

Ghostface Buff

After being revealed by a survivor your power instead last for 8 seconds instead of being instantly taken out. That way you have a fighting chance to fully stock.

• sheilacaelia
    sheilacaelia Member Posts: 2

i would put dedicated servers...

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

On the end game scoreboard, display the following:

- The Killer's score box highlighted in RED

- A Solo-survivor's score box highlighted in GREEN

- SWF Group 1 score boxes highlighted in DARK-PURPLE

- SWF Group 2 score boxes highlighted in LIGHT-PURPLE

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I would add a "do not connect" list of recent players to avoid playing against them again. The list would be short, at max 3 and resets every 72 hours. This will let you avoid certain players you played recently if you had a bad game, but doesn't prevent them from being match in the future.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Have killers and survivors accelerate proportionately to their top speeds so that they reach said top speeds simultaneously.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Make a certain amount of pallets and vaults unlockable for survivors, instead of ready to use at the start of the trial. That should make the early game easier for killers, while stalling the game by introducing a new incentive, but also makes sure that survivor ressources won't get wasted by one bad survivor at the start of the trial.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    edited August 2019

2 traps baseline for trapper, with a base carrying cap of 3.

We're gonna live forever back to 50% per stack.

Myers' tier 3 applies exposed only to survivors that he's stalked for 5 seconds or more (no 99ing off one person then blowing up a different survivor you hadn't seen all game).

Wraith gets bloodhound & brutal strength baseline while cloaked, and they stack with the actual perks (blood would glow like a light source, pallets/gens explode on impact lol).

"We'll make it" combined with "No one left behind".

"Slippery meat" combined with "Small game".

Nurse has 105% movement speed, 1 blink baseline, fatigue time rescaled to 1.5 seconds per blink and blink-attack.

Relentless reduces complete missed attack cool down by 50%, reduces object-impact swings by 25% (swinging and hitting a wall/pallet).

Billy chainsaw no longer puts survivors into the dying state, instead applies mangled, broken, hemorrhaged, and a 5% hindered for 60 seconds.

Prayer beads instead increases terror radius by 20 meters (since phasing has no sound prompt while inside terror radius, this allows much of the same gameplay, just with a faint warning).

Legion vault speed increased by 10%, movement speed in frenzy increased by 10%. Missed frenzy attacks instead cost 25% of frenzy duration.

Remove "Hope" duration.

Survivors receive a debuff notification while in "Whispers" area of effect (displayed in the same manner as overwhelming presence, unnerving, etc).

Fix the display error for leader, where it shows a grey healing speed bar while being healed by someone else affected by your aura, or a red bar when being healed while affected by sloppy butcher.

Rework vigil: if another survivor is under the effect of vigil for 15 seconds, remove all debuffs from them (including indefinite duration debuffs, like the exposed status effect from NOED).

That would be more than enough work for a day lol

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301
    edited August 2019

I like your killer suggestions, and Flip Flop, Resilience, and NOLB.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I don't trust myself to make balancing decisions so I'd just focus development on fixing bugs, improving optimization, fixing the killer FOV which has been broken for years and then make Shadowborn a default stat on every killer but Nurse and Spirit.

Also improve animations especially for Survivors their faces look so bloody weird

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91

I think I'd focus on fixing Legion. I'm not sure how, either second attacks add certain effects and reduce the deep wound timer or cancelling manually adds a much shorter stun so that you can use it to chase properly.

I really think deep wound is too weak now, just being in terror radius shouldn't be enough to stop it, maybe it should only stop it going below 15%.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

I would add an extra phase to DbD, where generators are blocked and sacrifice times are paused. The survivors only have to hide it out, while the killer has time to do as much damage as possible.

Survivors have to do less gens, but the new phase will periodically activate for 60s, then turn off for 60s etc. You cant genrush, but you also cant camp during that time. Increasing the average game time regardless of skill level.

• TheLegion5738
    TheLegion5738 Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2019

Cross-platform gameplay (devs pls do this)

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

revert legion rework

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I would implement a policy of business attire at the office everyday. No casual Fridays.

Then I would remove the coffee machine from the cafeteria, and double the price on the vending machines.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Create a load of funny bugs just to mess around with them.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

I like this! If we can’t see the killer, they shouldn’t see the survivor

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    edited August 2019

I'd use my one day to make minor map changes that the devs still haven't made for ??? reason.

I'd do stuff like closing the Ironworks window, closing the Rancid Abbatoir god window, removing the Wretched Shop double window infinite, making sure that jungle-gym heavy maps don't spawn a billion T-L walls facing each other.

Small stuff that would greatly improve the game. I only have a day.

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 66

I would introduce a random mode. Where everything is... well, random.

You'd enter the game, chosing to play as either survivor or killer. But you wouldn't know which killer or survivor you get to play until you've loaded in to the game. Your appearence/cosmetics would be random, along with your perks, offerings, items and add-ons. The map would also be chosen at random.

• mnpqraven
    mnpqraven Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2019

Pull the killswitch

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

Add a variety of emotes for solo players to communicate with.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited August 2019

Code a system similar to GTA 5 online that will match serial dcer only with other serial dcer until they start behaving

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Get rid of Moris entirely. Or just rework them into being a mechanic on death hook.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257

I'd erase Adrenaline and insta-heals