Killer hit cones should be unique to their character model

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Not to mention itll make killer size a balance factor -_-

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466
    edited August 2019

For realism, yes. For balance, HELL NO!

They've done something similar to this before, where 110% killers had a smaller lunge, and that was wack. With the dedicated servers coming, you'll see less hits from across the field. Most of that distance is actually latency, so it isn't hitboxes that are the problem. Also note the devs adjusted the animation of freddy to better match his hitbox in a recent patch.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Lol then everyone would only play as female characters for smaller hitboxes & killers w/ smaller weapons would be more frustrating to play as.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

I would like to see the survivor hit boxes just one time. One little look is all I need

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Pretty sure they showed them a number of times when talking about huntress tweaks on stream.

• Jed_Olsen

@Might_Oakk

I thought hatchet hit boxes are different? As in a lot bigger.

I think remember they made them smaller for hatchets and quickly reverted it over all the complaints.

I presumed it was a separate hit box because I've been hit by hatchets plenty of times when my body is in full cover, you can even see the hatchet hitting a wall or something but still connects

• immortalls96

Besides the fact it would make smaller killers get screwed in chase...? Plus the fact these kind of things have been put to rest by the devs..I'd rather avoid a balancing nightmare....

• immortalls96

Latency..survivor hitboxes are actually smaller than they should be

• Jed_Olsen

@immortalls96

In my mind a basketball is much bigger than a hatchet a lot wider too lol

so does this mean being hit when none of your character model is exposed intentional? Not a huge deal I've been hit with like 5 phantom hatchets in 2 years but its an instant DC nonetheless

• immortalls96

No , that is latency doing that..the reason her hatchets are that way is because if they weren't they'd go through survivors and nearly be impossible to hit, as the test they did with huntress proved and that's why it was reverted

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

Survivor hit boxes are shaped like giant vertical pills surrounding their characters. Hatchet hit boxes are small spheres. You can understand why it may seem like the two shouldn’t connect sometimes. The hit boxes for both are larger than the actual model.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

Nerf Freddy thread confirmed!!

(meme)

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

hatches are not hitscan weapon. They have a variable velocity and ballistic arc.

Those kinda projectile weapons tend have slightly bigger hitboxes to make it less frustrating, especially in our spaghetti coded game.

Even if we got "character shaped hitboxes", they'd still be bigger than the cjaracters, like dwight put in a minecraft skin costume.

Afterall this is a "casual" game, "fun" applies to the huntress too.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

This thread reminds me of this article somebody linked here on the forums some time ago, where the author stated that Spirit could land hits easier than other killers because of her katana having a very good reach. Seriously, it's a good thing that killers don't have individual hit ranges.

(No idea if some of you remember, it was an insane article claiming that reworked Legion was 2nd best and Leatherface 4th best killer in the game.)

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

I wouldn't mind that, it just means that the more skilled players will adapt and learn.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Realism was sacrificed for balance.

My Killer lobbies have only increased ever since they made it so the Killer doesn't instantly enter the lobby, just saying.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2019

Lol no. This would make the game very frustrating. Survivors would have to learn evasion tactics for every Killer (and probably with every weapon they have too) and would almost always play as female characters due to their smaller size. Killers couldn't just use any weapon they want without having to worry about balance (this would piss off a lot of players). Smaller Killers like Hag and Freddy would struggle due to their small size.

Balance > Realism in this case.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Wat

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Lets assume that machetes, axes, handaxes,cattle hammers, dicksticks all count as long weapons

What would you give the others in return? Movement speed? Attack recovery?

If you were thinking about "nothing" i've got some seriously bad news for you about yourself.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

I already feel like certain killers are way harder to land attacks with than others. If you really wanted to apply that, certain killers would be absolutely unplayable. Knife characters would have pathetically short range, and stuff like the Doctor's club and the Nurse's blade would literally never hit.

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102

you know, keep making the survivor experience get worse and worse to increase those killer lobby wait times.

On the PS4 there's a long wait time for survivors because nobody wants to play killer anymore, your great idea would effectively kill the game for the counsel version. As it is the game gives all the power to the survivors, your idea is wack.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited August 2019

They definitely should not do this. This would be so frustrating for killers you'd be missing because you're not playing a killer that could hit easier...

There are no long killer queues at least in my experience on PS4.

The only time they were SUPER bad was Ghost Face's release.

• Rex_Honeycut
    Rex_Honeycut Member Posts: 102

My thoughts exactly. Nobody would play as Hag or Pig if attack cones were relative to size. Most likely a latency issue. Check your ping next time it happens.