...Can we kill Spike? ☺️

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I'd take either Spike or Drusilla as the killer. :D

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Buffy and The Master

Map: The Hell Mouth

We get to go into the Library while it has a giant hole in the middle, maybe we get to see the actual demon pop out and scream at Survivors every now and then <3

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

Killer? Map? Powers? Perks? Come on give us more than "well known property"

• Rydog

Haha, I don't know. Buffy could be the survivor, and she could have some perks called "The Chosen One" and "Smile Time" (which is an Angel reference). Maybe one of her native perks could provide some sort of superior resilience, or recovery from damage.

The killer would totally have to be one of the vampires -- probably the Master, Spike, or Drusilla. Maybe their power would involve some sort of on-foot drain of the survivor's life bar or something. I dunno, I haven't thought about it... but it would have to be something vampire-y. They'd definitely need a perk called "Big Bad," though.

An interior Sunnydale High School map would be my go-to for a location, but there are plenty of good Buffy locations to mine (Initiative HQ, Streets of Sunnydale, Hyperion Hotel if you want to get into Angel territory...).

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I would love this but if they did it, it would be the new guaranteed to be trash politically correct Buffy rather than the beloved classic one.

Just like Freddy was the rubbish new (more than a child murderer) Freddy and Chucky would only ever be Robo-chucky.

My vote would be Evil Willow as the Big Bad.

• Rydog

@JawsIsTheNextKiller Freddy was always more than just a child murderer. The original film danced around the particularly vile parts, but the implications were always there.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580
    edited August 2019

@Rydog in the old one...he was an insane child murderer and danced about nothing, there was no -vile parts- to be covered up and because i quote from Craven "Initially, Fred Krueger was intended to be a child molester, but Craven eventually characterized him as a child murderer to avoid being accused of exploiting a spate of highly publicized child molestation cases that occurred in California around the time of production of the film"

• Rydog

@Mushwin That's all well and good. But, I mean, go back and watch the original film -- some of the line deliveries, particularly from Nancy's mother, carry very clear implications that Freddy was doing more than just murdering. And in a real-world context, anytime you hear about this sort of thing happening, it's a natural (and also usually very correct) assumption that there was sexual abuse involved as well. I don't remember a time, even when I was a kid in the '90s watching these movies, that this WASN'T a clearly understood aspect of Freddy's history.

Also, I can't believe we're arguing over the guilt of a fake dream monster from a horror film franchise.

• Mushwin

I never once thought watching that film when i did and going back to re watch it, did i feel freddy was a molester, they called him filthy but that was all....it seemed more he was a teen murderer then anything really. How would a kid in the 90's understand that? just asking, even Mr Mushwin said watching it he never felt anything other then a murderer, maybe the new one glorified it too much to then think the possibility of the original one like it? just a thought.

Freddy is real! :D

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited August 2019

I say we go for a Gremlins chapter instead. Buffy is awesome though.

@JawsIsTheNextKiller There's a new PC trash Buffy? What? Jeez they've already ruined Charmed and Sabrina!

• Mushwin

@Atrushan88 they are making a new buffy yes, though they are saying it is not a reboot....and hey sabrina was fantastic! though charmed - eh.

• Atrushan88
    edited August 2019

@Mushwin I couldn't watch more than 2 episodes of all the man/white hate. The one person who got bullied by the bullies went and attacked one of them, then ONE of them pushed him/her back as he/she attacked(don't know what they define themselves as), and then claimed that he/she got teamed up on by 4 guys. Like really? That's a SERIOUS stretch even if they were dicks and this kind of truth stretching is becoming a real problem with society.

Post edited by Atrushan88 on
  • Rydog

LOL, the hell, how did they ruin Sabrina? The new show is pretty accurate to the source material.

• Mushwin

I loved both sabrinas, the new one was very dark and cleverly done.

• Atrushan88

@Rydog @Mushwin They just filled it with way too much SJW agenda. I couldn't watch it. I can usually tolerate it(I mean I do watch Netflix, lol), but some shows just go above and beyond that threshold to tolerate. When every episode is about how men are egotistical evil douchebags who only want to see women serve them and whites rule the world, it becomes ridiculous.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@Rydog - Clear classic Freddy's good name! He was "only" a child murderer according to the creator. Back in the 80s it was entirely plausible that killing would be enough for somebody. Times have changed since then. I blame social media.

Justice for Freddy!

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    edited August 2019

I made a first draft survivor build for Buffy and Willow.

Whilst looking through the old episode I came accros the musical. I think I'll do a build using the singing demon! XD

Although "the gentleman" would be creepy af.

Post edited by TheUnendingNightmare on
  • sai
    sai Member Posts: 11

That would be incredible