Why don't Survivors ever blame each other for their mistakes?

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

When a survivor sandbags another, it's the killers fault for going through with it. When a survivor unhooks somebody near the killer, then sprint bursts/lithe/balanced landing out of there, the killer is apparently tunneling. When a survivor runs laps with the killer around a hooked survivor, or circling the area knowing the ultra altruistic survivors are right there, the killer is camping. There are other instances of this, but these are the ones I see most often.

My point is, it bugs me how the killer, seen through numerous 'camping, tunneling, slugging, toxic, etc' posts, is pointed out as being the 'bad' player, when in a lot of situations, their teammates are to blame for what happens. So, why is it the case that survivors generally ignore the mistakes/blatant farming of their teammates, and instead place all the blame squarely at the killers feet?

Comments

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

I’ve seen some nasty post game chats as killer where all the survivors just tear into each other. It’s funny to just sit back and watch ngl.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Bcoz its always fault of noob killer.

Period.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

Oh they do. Ever saw a survivor rage quit because he gets accidentally sandbagged? Happens all the time.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311
    edited August 2019

It happens, any game with anything resembling a team will have a lot of it. I see everything from reasonable "infighting" like people yelling at a sandbagger or someone who already starts to play for hatch after a single survivor dies, to ridiculous bullshit like people letting others die because they "wasted time doing a dull totem" or "wasted a pallet".

But blaming the other side is just scrub mentality at work. Blame the other "team" in some way and suddenly your loss doesn't count. The killer tunneled so they didn't "really win". The survivors brought strong items so they didn't "really win". It's as old as games with winners and losers, a way for people that can't handle defeat to avoid having to look at their own mistakes. And that's without getting into the rampant "us vs them, with us or against us" mindset some people in this community subscribe to.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I'm a solo survivor and I promise you I'm very aware of when my teammates do something stupid or selfish that gets me killed. They're the biggest danger in any game, not the killer.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    edited August 2019

Survivors also blame other survivors for being jerks or purposely screwing them over.

Both sides complain equally because they both want to win, and people who are more competitive will complain more when things don't go their way. People try one side and feel like they are better with the killers or survivors, and then feel inadequate and get angry when they can't keep up with their self imposed idea of how well they should be doing.

It's simply insecure people mostly. There are valid complaints on both sides, and it's important to be receptive of the critiques that come from both sides, but most people, ESPECIALLY they ones who complain and use absolute terms are the ones who tend to be throwing fits for not winning versus trying to find true balance.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Um...I'm not sure where you got this idea, because I blame survivors for doing stupid ######### all the time, and people literally call out other survivors when they farm them, so this just feels like an us vs them post, because it does happen, and it feels like you're just ignoring it.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Uh... Most survivors I go up against tell me it was the fault of a ######### teammate not the killer.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

As a survivor main who used to play both sides, I know how often survivors blame the killer when they should really blame themselves or each other.

Therefore, the first thing I look to when I'm analyzing a loss is myself. What mistakes did I make? How could I have done better?

The second thing is other survivors. How did those (usually useless) teammates ######### me over?

If neither of those explain the loss, I look to the killer. Did they derank?

If the killer doesn't seem to be the one to blame, I assume it was either me or the other survivors - which it probably was - and call it a day.

• OGOzSnowChimp
    OGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247

My missus plays as a survivor and she often gets abuse from those that fell victim to the killer.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Who says they don't? It's not rare for survivors to dc after someone does something very stupid causing their death and sometimes they even argue in the chat.

Sure often they try to blame the killer, but in that case because they expect the killer to show some empathy and go for the sandbagger. Between the two, the survivor is most probably an idiot while the killer is the one with a malicious intent (taking advantage of the situation to win), so it "makes sense" to be angry with him rather than with the one who doesn't know better.

• ICU_CupCakiing
    ICU_CupCakiing Member Posts: 3

Don't worry, I'm a survivor main and I blame everything and everyone for my scrubness, killers, survivors, totems, trees, bushes, crows, gens, chest, gates, my controller, tv, the fog, the moon, my dog, my neighborhood cat, my mom/dad/bro/sis, and baby Jesus

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Because blaming them means blaming potential future teammates.

And no one wants to stay on the hook even though the one they blamed days ago is sitting right there just staring at you dying on the hook.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,007

Survivors blame their teammates all of the time, how you ever played Survivor?

E.g. Just last night I had some guy told his SWF partner to abandon me on the hook because I didn't try to save him while he was being camped.

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736

If my teammates ######### up..i say something lmfao..i dont blame killer 100% of the time..But yeah not everyone is like this.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

I have had games as killer where the survivors argued in the end chat. Funny to me to watch.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

rule number 5267. the survivor is never at fault, the killer must explain what he did and admit he is trash at the game

• sirnewbington
    sirnewbington Member Posts: 78

because thats the victim mind set man lol