Will Struggle Macros get you banned?

Mochan
Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I just bought a new mouse and ditched my old Logitech Keyboard, which was acting up.

Now previously for the past 1,000 hours of gameplay I was using Logitech Game Software to do a Struggle Macro, because it was a pain to keep pressing Space Bar over and over for a 1000 hours of getting hooked.

I never had a problem.

Now that I threw the keyboard away because it sucked, I setup a macro on my gaming mouse (it's a Japanese mouse using some different software). On my first attempt game crashes and it says I have an EAC violation.

So I'm guessing macros are illegal and can get me banned? Could someone confirm?

And if this is the case, can we please make struggle automatic, it seriously adds nothing to the game except break your space bar. Will Behavior buy me a new keyboard when my space bar breaks?

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Yes macros are bannable.

Some Dev confirmed this is another thread.

And he had a special picture for it.

I cant find it, but Im sure a Dev will answere your discussion.

But I must agree.

Second hook stage and struggle are annoying.

Its rly boring gameplay.

• Tower_XVI
    Tower_XVI Member Posts: 109

I would recommend remapping the key to something other than spacebar. I turned mine into mouse wheel down so all I need to do is just scroll with a finger to struggle instead of CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

May I ask why you (bhvr) cannot help? I remember back then eac made a mistake and banned hundreds of people in rust who were using a macro and they all got unbanned.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

While were at it I need a new ps4 controller from hours of wiggling. My left joystick is seriously fubar

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Automated bans are not handled by BHVR. It would be at the discretion of the anti-cheat. If something is a false positive, there's a good chance that they would be reverted, but we cannot guarantee it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,234

Can we use a turbo controller? Anything to avoid this stupid mechanic? A way to avoid the stupid amount of stress it puts on our equipment?

• Mochan
    edited August 2019

Seems to me this problem could be fixed just by CHANGING THE STRUGGLE MECHANICS - something completely within BHVR's control.

Also by the way I think I might have triggered an EAC Ban, though I won't discuss any more of it since I think discussing bans is illegal. Ah well, such is life. Looks like I'm gonna play Friday the 13th instead, it's been a fun 1000 hours but it looks like it's time for me to move on to another game.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Yep, I know a guy who got banned in his first week for a macro. Not sure whether it was struggle or wiggle but it hardly matters.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mochan
    edited August 2019

False alarm! Sorry. You guys will have to put up with me a while longer.

I wasn't banned by EAC. It was an Error 8013, when I started the game the EAC popped up and said there was an EAC error (same as when I used the mouse macro) so I wrongfully assumed it was due to the macro thing I did yesterday.

I tried verifying game file integrity and restarting. It worked.

I'm back to getting skewered on hooks and now I will have to worsen my carpal tunnel, because that scare was too much and I don't want to risk banning my account.

But for the love of God BHVR please make struggle automatic. It seriously adds nothing to the game. Nothing. And it just worsens our carpal tunnel and RSS and breaks our keyboards.

• roburocki
    roburocki Member Posts: 9

Lmao What's wrong with you people not going to your ######### settings and change the spacebar for something better.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

@Peanits It's super-perplexing that the struggle mechanic hasn't been changed to a "Push X to give up" sort of thing. It is a pure annoyance mechanic without any upside for the game or the individual player. Maybe it's thematically exciting for the first couple of survivor matches, but that wears off really fast.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

It's on our wishlist as well, but I don't have anything else to share at the moment. We've got a very tight schedule for the next few months.

This discussion has been closed.