The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Demogorgon's power pretty... bland?

2»

Comments

• marching_hyena
    marching_hyena Member Posts: 21

Damn is all that attitude really needed for your reply?? lolol

"bRigHt pLaYeRs" would understand that everything said right now could possibly change and be reworked. We don't know how powerful or not the new killer and perks will be during the PTB and especially when it finally releases. We really don't know how it will be, and making ignorant assumptions and saying "iT SuCkS LiKe EvErYoNe sAiD" isn't really helping. Wait until PTB and release, then you can complain, okay?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Personally I think the Devs have put together an insanely good chapter. The map looks incredible, the new characters are really detailed and feel like how they should, the perks are actually pretty creative and useful. Maybe there's 1 or 2 perks which feel like filler perks.

This chapter looks to me like the best one they've made so far, there's still more to be confirmed/made public about it and I hope some of you will change your mind when you take a look from another perspective.

For those who call themselves fans of Stranger Things and dbd you have to understand how good this collaboration is for the game. Be grateful that this is coming rather than nitpicking at the same old things you obsess over.

You dislike a perk...get over it

You dislike the killer power...get over it

There's plenty of us who actually think everything with this chapter is decent.

• Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83

actually every killer is a HUMANOID even the demogorgon is a HUMANOID which falls in line of what the entity can control

hu·man·oid

/ˈ(h)yo͞oməˌnoid/

adjective

1. 1.
    2. having an appearance or character resembling that of a human."a small, green, and hideously warty humanoid figure"

noun

1. 1.
    2. (especially in science fiction) a being resembling a human in its shape."a three-eyed humanoid"

this is not the same as human Devs said the rule was only humanoid killers not that it was human only killers

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It's also less to do with "the Entity only wants humanoid killers" and more with "it takes a lot of work to make a new skeleton and animations for a unique killer."

It's not a rule that we cannot get them, the motivation and resources just have to be there.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Not every person will enjoy every killer, that’s why it’s great you have a dozen to pick from.

not everyone needs every perk they run to be OP meta some of us play for fun

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

The tunnels are good. Also the pounce attack is better than pigs ambush because its way faster.

(The pounce is also what a lot of survivors would want HB's saw be nerfed to, as solo ability)

The combination of a map mobility tool and a inchase skill is way better than what you give credit for.

Never watched ST, so i can only deduce thast the DG is some sort of attack hound used by some mindflayer dude.. Now its the Entity holdsing the leash and whip instead.

Also from DbD's lore for freddy, the entity is capable of nerfing the inherent abilitties of their prey and guests, thats why the DG can not connect to the upside down, but to to something else the entity already created as replacement (entity being like a game dev and reusing assets like spirit world or dream world lol)

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Honestly with the nature of basically being a minor eldritch abomination perhaps its times to look for alternative win conditions for killers? Perhaps instead of the normal hook and sacrifice getting hit by it would put time constraints on survivors. A time period to get out or be taken over? I could see corruption spreading through the map even as a mechanic. With all the psychic based stuff of the killer holes does seem like an odd choose.

• KØzzie
    KØzzie Member Posts: 6

I agree that his power is very bland and im also not a fan of the stranger things franchise but honesty in some ways he's just a mash up of some characters example:Freddy's ability and the pig's ambush ability thats what i think

• KØzzie
    KØzzie Member Posts: 6

Yeah but its kind of a dick move to go wow nice job basing everything on a 10 second google search and just makes you look like a jerk

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

That is not what I said, though? Are you sure you are not confusing me with the other person?

• johnmwarner

People still get downed by Billeh trust me all survivors aren’t good at sharp turns

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328
    edited August 2019

What was the reason of not showing Demogorgon's ability to smell blood in any of his perks or power?

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

Map pressure and chase cutting are good for killers. I am glad they did what they did. No one wants a new pre freddy.

• johnmwarner

People would complain they’re too much like bloodhound

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

It's probably because it's not worth their time going into technical detail over factors that should be blindingly obvious for anyone who can put two and two together.

You think: Why isn't this excessively true to the show???

A developer thinks: Is it really worth the development burden to make alternate Upside Down variants of every map -- and every map going forward -- in service of a single power for a single killer, or can we get it good enough and fun enough without committing time and budget to such a grossly outsized development effort for minimal payoff?

How is this something that merits your knee-jerk conspiratorial reply?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

I get it friendo. Making an extra map that effective sits on top of every map is prohibitively expensive. Not to mention there is probably so juicy Netflix storyboards for season 4 that would basically be spoiled if you could just do it in a game. I was just looking for to killer whose power be blood tracking related. I'd be moderately willing to come back to the game if I could get a really interesting killer design that has a power that just naturally works with the gameplay flow. No charge times, no trap setting, no reloading. Just a power that I can turn on and off smoothly or I hit the button get a different effect outta my basic attack when I hit.

Smooth, seamless, and non intrusive. Something that just works consistently if you play well and helps me to help myself.

• Eagle
    Eagle Member Posts: 1

In my opinion, I think the killer is gonna be intresting to play as/against. Without taking into consideration of tiers and "meta", I truly enjoy seeing different types of playstyles and diversity. Sure theres more use out of other things, but its not a MUST have thing. Theres so many playstyles. At the end of the day its about enjoying the game instead of whatever yall proclaim it to be. Some say hes bad and some say hes good but in reality whoever you find enjoyment in playing, rock out with it..

• kalivooo
    kalivooo Member Posts: 27

It feels like a weak version of Freddy's ability, that can even be disabled by survivors. And his main attack is basically the Pig's charge attack, but with a notification (a roar?) before it happens?