Killers are rage quitting left and right on ps4

If ruin gets cleansed early and 2 gens pop before the killer gets first hook, majority of the time this is an instant rage quit. This is annoying as a survivor for multiple reasons. One, I just want to have fun playing the game, not stare at the menu. Two, I lose out on potential blood points and pips. Basically, killers are only staying in the game if they are dominating. This is not fun for good survivors. If you do good as a survivor, you immediately get sent back to the menu. If you or your teammates are doing bad, only then will you actually get to play the game. I'm not sure what the situation is like on pc, but this is getting out of hand on ps4.

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

That sounds awful yeah, this is the equivalent of getting hooked first and then DC or DC if Huntress has an Iridescent Head.

What Rank are you right now? DCing is not right and players need to take the loss with diginity but if you're low ranks you got people scared and if you're high ranks you either have Killers who have no confidence in themselves or dignity which is worse. Either way it's stupid, if this was me I would keep going to get at least 1 kill, I play for fun and to torture and the Gens going by fast doesn't get in my way unless I overestimate the SWF team.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

On top of that the optimization.... which has gotten better but you can tell its not what it can be.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Yup. It's horrible. Survivors are just as bad too, I have one nearly every game and most like to follow suit.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Maybe you're just unlucky. I don't get many rage quits from killers, even when they do poorly.

• StupidButTru
    StupidButTru Member Posts: 366
  • Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Mysterious dedicated servers will fix it... in summer

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

Yesterday it was awful... So many killers DC'd because they didnt like the map or just dodged in the lobby screen causing you to watch the lobby screen for another 10 minutes... It made me just quit the game, no point in playing survivor if you get screwed out of points or need to sit in waiting screen for over 10 minutes to play 1 game.

• Legatus
    Legatus Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2019

The 10 minutes in lobby is already a thing for killers. So don't feel too bad about it, so in a way, they too get punished for DC'ing... I guess.

• YoshiBoi
    YoshiBoi Member Posts: 4

It happens often, but only on green ranks, in purple/red it doesn't happens that much.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Just had a girl dc because her noed totem popped. It really sucks when people dc.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I cannot speak to your personal experience on PS4 but out of the 20 or so matches I played the last two days I have only had 1 killer DC and honestly that match was against a not-so-good console Nurse, so I haven't seen any sort of issue on my end.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

I don't dc and i'll stick it out to the end but yeah i see so many survivors DC all the time without consequence, that it just seems to spread. It also doesn't help that there are so many killers that are so low level to play as.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

I can confirm. Have played 5 matches this morning and two killers rage quit in those matches. Purple rank killers.

What pisses me off is that it causes me to depip. No reason you should depip because the killer is a salty ass baby

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited August 2019

Considering the 4 man swf is less than 9% of games, and the top tier tryhards are less than that? No, it's not 9/10.

You're not forced to play anything. You CHOSE to queue up. Accept the game and move on. Dont ruin it for everyone else because it's not a 4k gg ez.

• LonlyGamerX
    LonlyGamerX Member Posts: 86

Lol this only happens on ps4, as far as Xbox one and pc Ive rarly ever seen that xD

• floob
    floob Member Posts: 6

I feel like they should create a counter strike style ban system for both survivors and killers where if you leave a certain amount of times then you get banned and the more times you do it the longer you get banned. It would reset with ranks every months and would actually provide a sustainable punishment for disconnecting. They would obviously get a warning on the first time the disconnect and past then they get banned. For example, 2nd time disconnected they should receive a 10 minute ban, 3rd time 30 mins, 4th time 1 hour, 5th 2 hours, 6th 1 day and so on.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

No you should cause then you'll get better, unless you are the type to waste the time crying instead of improving :)

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited August 2019

Then you must be fine with all the survivor dcs as well?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

Hell on PS4 a 4 man SWF is 3%! Hilarious how 9/10 games can be a toxic, bully deranking SWF though. Some people just can’t accept losses and make ridiculous excuses...######### never ends.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Sigh.... so many people spread these false statistics around with numbers like 3% or 9%. When they dropped the stats on use awhile back the developers said these numbers are not accurate and should not be taken at face value, yet here we are with people spitting them out like they are gospel.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

Those comments were referring more to the stats like survival rate. A number that is referencing the amount of survivors queuing up with 3 others is a lot more cut and dry. But go ahead and dispute since it doesn’t fit the popular narrative of constant games vs 4 man squads.

• StupidButTru
    StupidButTru Member Posts: 366

Plenty there's even people switching from PS4 to Xbox

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Other way around on PC.

If a survivor gets downed in the first minute of the game, its' insta DC.

Some killers also DC but they are rare. It's mostly survivors who DC.

There's a sense to it. Survivor is easier on PS4 and Killer is easier on PC.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Lol I can't post my opinion on that too many eyes around holding staves of absolute (abused) power

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378

I'm on PS4 Rank 4 and since the reset I haven't really experienced that. 8/10 of my games the killer player will continue playing even if us survivors are playing like we're Black Ops. Lol mostly all my games are Spirit, Ghost face, and Trapper. Last fast game I had was a record 5 mins vs a REAL Nurse player. Never wanna experience that again. Ever. What an absolute nightmare.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

You wouldn't want to face my myers neither.

You'll think you have the upper hand... Until you don't.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

I never rage quit. But I like that other killers are doing it. Give those survivors a taste of their own dirty medicine.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

If i were you Id change this comment the mods are swinging the stick around again and opinions like this are their targets

• KillermainBTWm8

Eh it ain't abused power. What ever you said was most likely in the forum rules.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

I said i didnt blame people for DC If the match was that hard or unfun and they tell me that Im telling people to DC now tell me how my opinion is anywhere near "everyone DC its totally the bees knees"

• KillermainBTWm8

Appeal it with the mod that jailed you. Although they do need to make forum appeals better in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if they got you for discussing forum bans....

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    edited August 2019

Lol its fine Im done with the forums anyways and the mods period good games to everyone I know I'm going to have fun from here on in now that Im pissed enough for anything goes kinda game play XD PS4 is going to be hell for probably the next month

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    edited August 2019

Again not related to killers but on ps4, i had a survivor DC on their first down, not the first down or hook of the game. Then in the same match one of the survivors got farmed on the hook and i downed him trying to get the farmer and the guy DC even though i ignored him and went after the farmer

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236

@chainsawtime

Ruin is the only Perk that somewhat slow the game down right now .

I loved Thanatophobia last time and it needed a Buff if anything at all .

Yet Devs decided to nerf it 🤔 , It's a Perk that Reward you depending on your action unlike Ruin it's just having a passive effect until the Totem gets cleansed .

So I understand The Rage quit .. and they said they'd fix totem placement and it's still awful even if they added new good spots . They didn't remove the ones in the open areas or Totems spawning on two ends of the map .

• xnes_galax
    xnes_galax Member Posts: 149

I can kinda confirm.

I play on ps4 from a lot of time now.

The killer DC problem was terrible back in the days. Now its a bit better, but still a big problem. I play red ranks and here most of the killer accept the lost and are really kind, but there are some that just complain and blame you because "you were in a SWF" or "toxic" or even worst insult sometimes. They are rare, but exist.

My biggest problem right now is killers dodging the lobbies. They dodge for every single reason. I asked some of them why they did it, so even if it seems crazy, that's why.

-too many prestige outfits

-SWF

-too many items

-"toxic" outfits

-profile with dbd stuff in the description/image

I played some Pc and see a lot of stream, and i am pretty sure that i got the reasons why we have that many killers who dc/dodge while on pc there are so many survivors like that.

Queue time.

On pc queue time for survivor is basically nothing. Search for a lobby-> match found. Survivors dont care about dcing since they will jump into another match almost instantly.

On the other hand, ps4 has super long queue time for survivor and really short queue for killers.

Most Killers will just DC/dodge until they find an easy match. Also, they have another reason to do that. They know how long survivors lobbies are, and use it at their advantage.

Not everyone do that, of course, but some people are really like that.

You will hardly ever find a lobby full of p3,items and other stuff because survivors fear the killer to dodge.

In more than an year of playing, i have heard things... i will give you some quick esamples just to make you understand what is the currentely situation..

In a SWF, before looking for a killer

"Hey wait, you cant have that flashlight! He already has a toolbox and i have a medkit."

"Guys, we have too many prestige!" "Let me put this on then" "are you crazy??? This is too toxic"

SWF in lobby

"Found one! Quick press ready! Press ready before he dodge!" "Wait a sec i am putting an offer-" "I DON'T CARE PRESS READY BEFORE HE LEAVES".

And no, i am not kidding. This is true. Completely true.

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394

People need to realize that PS4 and PC are 2 different games when it comes to DBD. I hardly ever see killers RQ on PC, meanwhile people constantly cyber bully RQ-ing killers on several PS4 facebook groups.

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37

Are you telling me that frame-lag whenever bloodlust triggers ISNT a game mechanic?But seriously they really are different games. Unless Hag skipping frames as she walks is just apart of her kit.

As for people DCing on PS4 I can see it being pretty common on both sides. I'm a killer main and it happens quite a lot with people on their last hook or they're the last alive for whatever reason.

But I did have a game earlier this morning as Survivor where the killer DC'd, likely because of me judging by him constantly smacking me while on the hook. Again I don't know why he did it because he would of at least gotten a 3k which isn't bad for a 2 perk Wraith.