The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hex's and Totems

Can the number of totems match the number of generators? Coupled with this I think the killer should have an additional perk slot reserved solely for Hex's.

This would create some redundancy for the Hex's that require 5 totems as well as creating more of a choice between powering through or slowing the game down to eliminate these totems.

The additional hex slot would probably end up being used for ruin for most killers, but it would free up an additional perk slot and add a bit more variety on that front and allow weaker killers more options.

Naturally the amount of bloodpoints that a survivor gets from cleansing these totems should be increased, perhaps even scaled with a multiplier for how many hex's the killer is running.

Comments

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    edited August 2019

i think you missed the totems should be a high risk high reward part , you could argue ruin isnt that great at high ranks but its what you get for using it every goddamm game since it came out, also totems take time to find most of the time so you get that even if its destroyed

• mnpqraven
    mnpqraven Member Posts: 12

High risk yes, high reward ? The strongest 2 hexes are arguably Ruin and Devour Ass, both get cleansed in the first 30 seconds of the game, and literally the remaining hex perks are literal garbage.

Totems take time to find most of the time which is around 10 seconds because it's right next to shack or a gen or any notable tile

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

"Can the number of totems match the number of generators?"

You mean 5? Or am i missing something guys.

• SquidFacedMan
    SquidFacedMan Member Posts: 148

I'm meaning number of generators on the map, not the number that need to be completed.

Perhaps Ruin should activate 60 seconds into the match, triggering a skill check on any gens being worked on then remaining active from that point on.

Increase the cleansing time of totems to 16 seconds. If running TOTH 3 that would increase the cleansing to 22~ seconds when all Totems are on the map if 7 totems are added.

Additionally Thrill should be persistent until all Totems are cleansed. So it isn't linked to one, but shared by all.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

Fact 1: The longer a match drags out, the more likely the killer is to benefit

Fact 2: Survival rates are already below 50% overall which leads to

Fact 3: Increasing the time it takes to finish a match while cleansing 2 EXTRA totems to avoid NOED which would be made stronger by having 7 totems (that take longer to cleanse with your suggestion) would just make the game hell for survivors with little chance of escaping

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

Oh and if killers get an extra perk slot for hex's, survivors should get an extra perk slot for Anti-tunneling like Borrorwed time or something. Since Hex's are basically some of the strongest killer perks (Ruin, NOED, Haunted Grounds, Devour Hope, Third Seal isn't bad either if you're playing against solos)

• SquidFacedMan
    SquidFacedMan Member Posts: 148

Where is "Fact" 2 coming from?

I don't think Survivors need an additional perk slot, they have numbers on their side. The point of this would encourage survivors to run different perks.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

There are 7 generator per map, the OP is referring to the total amount of gens not the amount required to power the gates.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Totems are kinda suppose to be high risk high reward, they just kinda fail at their job a lot with he exception of NOED because once you get higher ranked survivors know where the spawn points are and can more easily find them. Why ruin can often be removed 10 secs into the match case some one thought a good hiding spot was on top of a dang hill in a corn field.

I do think some totems should have some implication changes though. For example devour hope could be a really great perk if you got a game long effect for the tokens you collect even after cleansed but set it to a timer. Every 2 mins in you get a token, this would make totems more likely to be hunted and act as a delay mechanic as they might be prioritized before they come into real power at the 6, 8 and 10 min marks (providing the match lasts 10 mins). A lot of interesting and dynamic ... and dare i say fun.. things could be done with totems... but balancing their power vs ease to remove needs tweaking and not too much either.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

sometimes the totems are hard to find like in the rewoked springwood and stuff which is something the devs are aiming for