Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Campers, campers everywhere

prayer_survivor
prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
edited August 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Please Behaviour, do something or this game is dead. Campers, tunnelers, so 3-4k everygame in mid-low levels. Do something for the love of God or the destination of this game will be the same as MoM (to the trash).

And yes, I know I can use DS and BT.

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited August 2019

So, you're saying camping at low ranks is giving 4k. And you're not to blame in the slightest?

If they camp. Do gens. Period. At leas one should get out.

Also, camping and tunneling has existed almost the ENTIRE life of the game. That wont kill it.

• prayer_survivor

Yes, camping at low ranks is giving 4k or 3k if a survivor find the hatch. And I played since the beggining and campers nowadays is by far worse than before.

Do you really think a new player that play 5 games and is camped or tunneled all of them will play again?

• prayer_survivor

@Carpermortum. Another 4 games since I wrote. 4 campers, I escaped 1 time by the hatch and about 7-8 DCs because of the campers. Do you think this is a good game that makes someone have fun?

• LegendCZ
    LegendCZ Member Posts: 61

I am fair killer, no camping. But good grief ... Survivors can outrun me and even though i try mindgames and everything, survivors almost always overloop and eventualy outrun me.

I feel sorry for you, and no legit killer should camp. But on the other hand i see why they do it. Survivors are SUPER rude to all the killers lately, especialy if you try to play fair. They use that they are in advantage againts killer and smear it all over your face as much as they can.

So i would blame killers being weak atm. And camping being only one good strategy to have some kills at all.

• prayer_survivor

Campers/Tunnelers killers depip. So, do you imagine where are they all now?

• prayer_survivor

each level has 4 pips. You gain pips and you level up. If you camper you loose pips, and finally you'll find yourself in lvl 16-20

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    edited August 2019

Well tbh I am happy to say around rank 9 killers camp Much less BUT I agree it should be made almost impossible.

The game should make it so, if the killer is within a 10m radius or so the hook progression pause.

It would at least prevent face campers. I have nothing against patroling the area but face camp is taking it too far.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The game needs some kind of reward for not camping and a punishment for camping. The fact that it's a legitimate and at times effective strategy is just bad game design.

• LegendCZ

Oh so rank. Thats right. I prefer lower rank though because it is not as infested with SWF groups. Its nightmare to play againts those.

Can we do the same for looping? Hiding and mindgames should be weapons of survivors. Not outruning the killer.

• ad19970

No, because chases are a vital part of the game that are fun for both sides. Braindead safe window loops are a different issue that will hopefully be adressed soon with the map reworks. But chasing is a core mechanic of the game. You can of course still try and hide to lose the killer.

And yes you can argue camping is a core mechanic of the game as well. But it's no fun for the survivor getting camped, at all. It's just bad game design.

• LegendCZ

You got me wrong man i do not stand for camping. My main perk is Devour Hope = Rewards non Camping. But it gets destroyed all the freaking time :(

Anyway i onow chases are core of the game, but they take too long even on a straight line, and when survivor gets to looping? The guy is faster then you.

Survivors have Cabinets, Walls, Tall Grass, Duck to avoid killer.

Killer has ... Chases? And he is not even good at one thing he does, if you are not Nurse, The Spirit, Legion or Hag.

• ad19970

I mean if survivors loop you around some object, you are still faster than survivors, just not as much faster as when you chase a survivor in a straight line. Obviously there are many maps with too many safe loops that can waste too much time of M1 killers, but that's something that is getting adressed in the future with map reworks. More mindgameable loops and less safe ones, like the new Badham maps. This will hopefully make the weaker killers more of a threat.

• ad19970

I mean the problem isn't that camping is op or anything. There definitely is counterplay. But it's no fun for the survivor that is getting camped, because he doesn't even get to play the game when on the hook. And that is just bad game design.

An online video game should strive to be as fun as possible for both opposing sides at any time. And DBD is far away from that, sadly.

• LegendCZ

I certainly hope so. I mean, i dont ultimately hate chases they are fun. But when oponent have time to T-Bag you whole time or all of survivors circle you like you are total looser altough you play the best you possibly can its sad. Thats something i would like to change as a killer, and i dont mind more challenge as survivor.

I personaly find survivor side really boring and uneventful ... I have no issues getting away even from nurse and spirit ... I dont feel challenged or threated at all.