Why are SWFs have a higher chance of being toxic than solo survivors or killers

Options

Am I the only one that notices this? I mean... everything has its toxic side but...

Comments

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Cause they expect to win.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

Also, to show off to their friends. Look at me! Look at what I can do! Lololololol noob trash killer tunneling and camping. Get flashlighted.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

They have the advantage of team coordination. So while you're in a chase, the other three will be working on gens.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Because if one player in a SWF party is "toxic" it's likely they all are. If you've ever played SWF with someone who is like that while you're not you know that you probably won't want to play with them for long as "toxic" players are usually quite negative and quick to get angry which isn't fun if you're a more laid-back player.

And that's without getting into negativity bias and the fact you've probably played plenty of SWFs that you didn't even notice were SWF in the first place and therefore your perception of them isn't entirely accurate.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

It's pack mentality

They are 3 or 4, the killer is one

The solo survivor doesn't have anyone to rely on

The killer can be toxic, but being only one it's more rare to find a toxic killer

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91
    Options

Because of showing off, they all want to look good so pulling off the crazy saves or looping forever is appealing. They also never get tempered because they have friends egging them on.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

Hive mind/Group Mentality/etc.

Negative people tend to surround themselves with more negative people, and complainers surround themselves with other complainers or enablers. They tend to reinforce someone's complaint and sometimes exaggerate/exacerbate it.

Also when people play together regularly they tend to also be protective/defensive of each other, and want to as a group place the fault of their loss on another instead of conceiving the idea that the killer was just that good.

I feel like this also happens in a positive aspect. But people are more likely to complain then thank someone, so the negative aspect is much more apparent.