This poor killer

Options
GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I wish being at purple ranks would pair me with other purple rank players... Guess my region doesn’t have many purple rank players.

Comments

• GrootDude
    edited August 2019
    Options

@Masantonio this requires more than yikes, poor nurse gave up.:(

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,038
    Options

That really hurts. I've been in that position and it does not feel good playing people who are clearly above your skill set.

• OGOzSnowChimp
    OGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247
    edited August 2019
    Options

I tried the nurse twice and I thought I couldn't have done worse with her until seeing this.

Unless that was me and I blanked out how truly terrible I was.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

I've been quite literally versing rank 15 or LESS as a green rank. I'm talking survivors that don't know how to start running after being hit.

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213
    Options

This happened just after reset, I felt so so bad, for everyone involved XD

I also had this when I first started playing as Spirit...

And this delightful matchmaking too when I was spirit again..

Sigh

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

All I can say is dominated

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

Matchmaking is completely broken.

When the Freddy rework came out, I was rank 15 because I haven't played killer for a while. ( I'm not the best though, usually around rank 10)

I thought 15 is a decent rank to get adept archivements, so I only used his three perks, which, of cause, isn't always easy. But this round litterally gave me depression. I barely managed to get three hooks.

At the end it turned out that I played against two red ranks SWF (one of them with OoO) and two purple ranks.

And I was just sitting there, asking myself how this can even be a thing? I thought as yellow I'd get grey or greens, but no, red and purple instead. This was so frustrating that it took me two weeks to get the motivation to play killer again.

I'd prefer to wait 10 minutes longer for a lobby than to be thrown together with people far above my skill and waste 10 minutes in a depressing match I got no chance to get even one kill.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    Options

Laughs in in the impossible to pip bug…

Yep, i pair with the complete noobs.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited August 2019
    Options

@Peanits When is this matchmaking fiasco going to be fixed? It's gone on long enough at this point that Rank even for it being used by the matchmaker is fairly useless.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

I'd imagine it's cutting wait times for people, like ok, these guys have been waiting forever let's get this thing started. Ignorant guess based opinion but makes sense.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

This isn’t new, I’ve encountered matches like this for years...I just assumed it was a SWF boosting group lol

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    Options

I had a match against 3x Rank 2 + 1x Rank 14, while being a Rank 9 killer

Stuff like this shouldn't happen, but they do more then you think

• RipperShark
    RipperShark Member Posts: 17
    Options

I'm pretty new to this game, and am only like rank 17 now. Like the third match I ever played in this game, I was a rank 20 killer, and I was matched against a rank 3 survivor. Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot, as I assumed that was just how the game worked.

I did find it pretty ridiculous at the time, which is why it stood out to me.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited August 2019
    Options

@Peanits forgive this old lady and brain fart moment... do you mean leave a comment on your profile? I can't find any other way to send you a message.

Edit: I'll just add this here for now. I was solo.. but I dodged a few lobbies before getting into this one because the pings were terrible.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited August 2019
    Options

Yeah the matchmaking needs work.

But I think the bigger problem is we just don't have enough players all around the world. we have some 15k-20k players at any given time, but that's around the whole world. Most of those player are in North America I'd imagine, with a good portion in Europe. Then you have the ones in Asia scattered all around, we just don't get enough people in similar regions with good enough ping.

I play against Vietnamese, Malaysian, Singaporean, Thai, Korean, Taiwanese and Japanese players all the time. And the pings are terrible for most of them. If the ping is too bad the matchmaking I think matches me up with someone a little closer but way out of my league (or someone way under my league and I get to bully them).

If we had a larger population of players, we wouldn't have matchmaking problems.

My guess is if the matchmaking can't find a good match within the range and ping of your area, it'll just rank you up and match you against a higher or lower ranked player in your area with better ping, rather than get you a game with an equally-matched player on another continent with 2000 ping.

Personally I think this is better than giving me a "fair match" at 2000 ping. I rather be able to play the game properly and get stomped, than play a slideshow.

I don't have this problem in Overwatch for example, because we have hundreds of thousands of players in that game at any given time.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

My condolences, but it does happen. A lot actually.

My actual skill level as a Survivor is around Green rank, I do break into purple often and sometimes into Red, but that's when I get a good gaming streak. I'm in purple a lot but when I play at that level I tend to lose and die a lot and rarely escape (I can still pip, but I rarely escape at Purple ranks).

I'm at my most comfortable in the green ranks. But I get matched against red rank killers all the time.

• AIG1992
    AIG1992 Member Posts: 98
    Options
  • Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Is SWF still supposed to allow players to bypass the rank ranges or not, in other words should we post screenshots of games where we did not play SWF but the other three survivors did (based on being on each other's friendlist on Steam) and there is a rank disparity or should we not?

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

As i found myself in the same situation i began to main nurse and destroyed every rank. Got matched at Rank 11 with Rank 2,3 SWF = 4k, 2pip. Nurse needs much skillz without addons, but its so damn satisfying to got a chance.

• cobrahjh
    cobrahjh Member Posts: 23
    Options

Who wrote the logic/code for matchmaking? Lets get some names on the chopping block... I mean some insight and answers! ;) I understand it's not easy, but hear me out because it's bad: d-ranking users every 13th of the month and they just eat new players when they come back and a few months. Sounds fun for them.... Not for us. Our fault for not playing more (i play more than just this game!) and paying more. Yes, i know. The DLCs are cheap and so worth it! Not complaining about cost. Keep charging me and making more content! Please! I love all killers. :D

And who in the hell picked rank 20 was the lowest and 1 the highest? When people see me play they say that's why you won because they are lower level than you. I tell them no.. its a rank. It may look "right" but sounds backwards. I try and tell them that ranks go down and levels go.... up? LMAO

The community here can help out and we know you could use the help.. I've seen the "matchmaking" and it leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure it's from the lacking infrastructure as it's P2P... Talk about a horrible decision to go with it in the first place. Save money, blah blah. Yep 20/20.

Simple logic to start with: aggregate the matchmaking by [rank] AND [perk(tier)]x[total number of perks], etc used. Use your languages/BI as you wish. Yes, this could go on and on and it's already complex enough, right?

I do understand a god at DBD doesn't need perks to do his/her nasty gameplay, but let's talk average humans to start out with. :P

Anyway, long rant and im sure all this will be sorted out when the servers come in September. So nevermind. lol

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375
    Options

Bro, a piece of sticky tac will change that right away. But you didnt hear it from me.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

But this would generate a really Easy way to smurf on low ranks. I mean, just because I main Trapper does not mean I should be a rank 20 wraith. U know what I mean?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

Was an example... Many of the killers come with very different skillsets required of them.

• LordGlint
    Options

If you start playing wraith, you probably wouldnt be staying rank 20 for very long, probably 2 games. The only actual downside Im seeing would be the huge influx of rank 20s that would result everytime a new killer comes out. I think this could be circumvented by having a minimum, whereas each new killer gained on the account would start at like rank 15.

• justarandy
    Options

Well I would be smurfing and destroying newbies from rank 20 till rank 15. That's a lot of matches. After that I could switch to another killer I don't main but still very easy to play. Myers for example.

• LordGlint
    Options

Correct...youd have about 1 day of "smurfing" before every killer you owned would be ranked. Also, like I said...If they implemented a minimum for once you already get good at 1 killer and simply make the rest start at 15 or something, youd avoid smashing rank 20s. Currently, my game on Freddy for example does quite well at rank 3 (where Im currently placed). If I were to hop on Nurse however...rank 15s would laugh at me, lol.

• justarandy
    Options

Maybe as a rank 1 killer all other killers you don't play would start at rank 16? Just to help those newbies, cuz I care about those baby survivors.. We need more survivors and giving them a frustrating feeling of escaping is not possible isn't healthy

• LordGlint
    edited August 2019
    Options

Thats what Im saying...twice already. If Ive already mastered every other killer, it wouldnt make sense for me to play at rank 20 as the demogorgon when it comes out. ATM I dont even wanna TOUCH Clown for example, cuz my rank 10 Clown skills will get stomped at my current rank 3 position.

• justarandy
    Options
  • LordGlint
    Options

Your good, Im just tired of getting stuck in the same predicament most ppl do. The only killer Im actually comfortable playing at this rank is Freddy...so...unless I want 4 escapes and depips...

This is one reason most ppl are reluctant to rank up

• SenatorAcadia
    SenatorAcadia Member Posts: 72
    Options

I feel all matchmaking woes on the Ps4. Sometimes it's very depressing.

• Jesya
    edited August 2019
    Options

It's bad.

2 more matches solo:

1) Killer green ranks, 2 rank 2's, a green rank and me rank 6 As always, I'm solo.

2) Killer rank 10, 3 rank 5's including myself and 1 rank 12. I asked another in this group... the rank 12 and one rank 5 were together. Leaving me and the other rank 5 solos. Even with "Average" rank for swf they should have gotten a rank 8 killer.

How is this balanced or even fair to killers?

• GrootDude
    Options

IKR, I just got a green rank killer and I’m rank 5 (was 6 in that match) with a rank 4 survivor and some other purple ranks, and I’m solo. @Peanits do you want me to continue taking screenshots or is there no need currently?

• Jesya
    Options

Now when I play killer and get people way outside my ranks I can't get annoyed they are cheesing when it's just the wonky matchmaking. Feelsbad

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

We should be okay for now. We've gathered a bunch of cases for the team to investigate. If we need more, we'll let you know.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495
    Options

There should be separate ranking for each killer. Ik it would make the rank grind suck even harder but every killer has a different playstyle that's defined by their power. I can blink through the Strode house and down that sneaky Claudette with Nurse, that does not mean I can do the same thing with Wraith, Ghostface, Plague, or Pig.

The Ranking system in general is just #########. And it partially has to do with purple/red rank Surviviors queueing with gray/yellow rank killers to boost them up to green ranks.

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102
    Options

I'm in Chicago and play daily, last night as my level 13 killer i went againt 2 level 2's a level 3 and a level 10. I was using a mori so i got 3 and the other escaped during egc but had i not had the mori i would've gotten smashed horribly. The match making has gotten so bad I've started running the mori's I've been saving forever just to even the playing fields a bit and i still don't get any kills every now and then. It's not fun going againt a group of people that are so much higher rank than you.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    edited August 2019
    Options
  • deafgirl_gaming
    deafgirl_gaming Member Posts: 4
    Options

It shouldn't even happen with swf, especially not when the lowest rank is 15. Night before last, my group ended up facing rank 20 1 perk killers for a few hours. I felt bad for how bad we bullied those killers. I am sure a few of them probably quit the game, thinking that's just how the game works.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

If you watch the anniversary stream they actually do mention that they intend on doing ranking like the idea you just stated.

• December_1863
    December_1863 Member Posts: 206
    Options

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it.

I didn't know. Please forgive me.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

The others could've been in a SWF group. SWF matchmaking has been reverted back to only using the rank of the SWF host. God knows why.

• deafgirl_gaming
    deafgirl_gaming Member Posts: 4
    Options

If that were the case, my group would have been facing rank 6 killers. Instead, we faced killers we should never have been matched with. We were rank 15, 10, and 6. We had 5 in a row rank 20, single perk killers.