How Do I Counter Farmers?

Options
Zixology
Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Seems like just about every match I play, people run up and hook save me right in front of the killer without Borrowed Time. This just leads to me getting tunneled, using my DS, getting tunneled, and then dying.

At this point, the only thing I can think of is to play like I have one life and just let myself die on first hook.

Comments

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155
    Options

It sort of depends on what rank you are. If you're below purple, the best you can do is loop the killer as long as you can so you can get those delicious Killer Diversion & Evader points.

Once you're into purple ranks or above, you shouldn't really be seeing a lot of farmers.

Of course, I can't evaluate your skill, but I will say that my perspective is that of someone who's used Object of Obsession and gone on multiple 5 gen chases before.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

If all else fails there is one option

Plead to the killer for mercy, if you see him coming and if you have the time, crouch and walk slowly to him. If you have an item drop it, the killer will see this and depending on the player will accept it. Especially if he's a TF2 player, they always accept the crouch

Always

Anyway than you can turn the tables and lead him straight to the people who intentionally farmed you and show them how unfun it is to be farmed in turn. I'll always respect it because I know the pain of being farmed of having no chance to stop people that are supposed to be your team

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

I guess I should've said that I'm rank 7.

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91
    Options

This. This is the correct answer, gift us tribute then feed us the sinners that tried to damn thee, mortal.

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213
    Options

Agreed. I will always take pity on someone who was farmed who comes to me to beg for their life. “Don’t worry, unfortunate one, I’ll make them pay for what they have done to you.”

Not all killers will do this though, sadly. If they seem like a merciless killer, try and get behind whoever rescued you and force them to take a hit for you. Even if the killer is aiming for you, there’s a good chance they’ll end up hitting the other person whether they want to or not.

If it’s too regular of an occurance, consider Breakdown, so the killer can’t immediately get you on the same hook, they may be more likely to slug you and chase the rescuer, and you also have a better chance of wiggling free (could sabo hooks in one area to increase these odds)

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,029
    Options

Had a survivor yesterday actually have the nerve to take back the item when I let the last guy open the exit gates after I closed the hatch... THAT WAS FREDDY'S MEDKIT!!!