Easy Solution to locker-diving with Judith Tombstone

Judgement
Judgement Member Posts: 955
edited August 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

The issue with Evil Incarnate is that you need to kill all four Survivors with the add-on, ‘Judith’s Tombstone’ to claim your achievement. Unfortunately, Survivors can hostage the game by diving in a locker which makes them essentially invincible.

How about just adding a special interaction where, if Tombstone Myers is in T3 and is carrying a survivor, clicking the Power button will let him immediately start killing the Survivor he carries. Seeing as he can’t even stalk anymore when he hits T3 Tombstone, this function can take its place.

Maybe even make it so LMB is a normal attack, and the Power button (RMB for Killer) can initiate the kill, whether the Survivor is standing or grounded.

Maybe this same thing can be done with any other Killer - is a Survivor or Killer meets the requirements to be killed (memento Mori, Devour, Rancor), right clicking while carrying them will auto-drop and immediately begin the Kill? This could help save some time in trials within and without Tombstone Myers.

Comments

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

No.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

@Judgement Maybe because it's a obvious answer as to why it shouldn't be added so much, that I shouldn't have to explain it

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Question: Would it be a problem if Judith's Tombstone also let you kill a Survivor in the Dying State? I know with Tombstone Piece, there would be issues with which takes priority between, say, an Ivory Mori and Tombstone Piece (since using Ivory Mori means it won't work on anyone else but using Tombstone Piece means you are immediately booted back to Tier 2 EW), but that issue wouldn't really exist with Judith's Tombstone.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

Jumping in a locker is not taking the game Hostage, you can grab them out of it, you just dont get to tombstone.

I don't think we need to change how tombstone and even mori's work just because of 1 achievement in the game that is not even necessary to get. Either keep playing till you get 4 survivors that don't know to jump in a locker to counter it or don't bother.

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765

I think it is a good idea because michael stalked the entire game to kill people. He should be rewarded with no exceptions. The only one is decisive, but you didn't hook anyone so it isn't a problem. It's extremely difficult to stalk people with judith's tombstone and even more with thuft of hair too, so it needs to have a good reward.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

I added that in an edit; there is no reason that with the tombstone you can’t just kill a Survivor on the ground, right? Why can you specifically only kill a Survivor if they are running?

• TAG
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

we should just be allowed to kill survivors on the ground aswell (just like a mori).

that way you can pull them out of the locker, drop them and still kill them.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845

my idea was that if you catch someone in a locker, you have to hook them, next time they’re in a locker you can just tombstone them from the locker itself, that was there’s some counter play and the possibility to get the achievement easier

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2019

Survivors can hostage the game by diving in a locker which makes them essentially invincible.

What? Are we playing the same game?

You could just endure it like anyone who got the achievement did instead of asking for buffs for the probably strongest (still balanced) killer addon.

If you want a tip, if a survivor enters a locker try to make little moonwalk show. A couple times it worked to convice them to leave the locker.

Post edited by White_Owl on
  • martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

I agree with letting them get the kills from the locker because of outside of getting the achievement/trophy there isn't really any reason to use the add ons. On the flip side there people who will use just to be a dick and having a safe space inside the locker with prevent you from being forced out of the game.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I mean, yes; there's o reason not to, as for the most part if somebody is locker diving then they're most likely already in range to be killer, or are just outside it. No reason to deny a kill that you would otherwise get, and honestly I would almost consider locker diving versus a tombstone an exploit.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

It's only an issue if you are Achievement Hunting.

Achievements should never factor into game balance and mechanical decisions.

That's because it's not a problem.

This is a non-issue from a balance point of view. You are just hunting for an achievement. There is no need to give killers a buff just so you can get an achievement.

If you want an achievement, work for it.

Survivors don't know you are hunting for an achievement, so they will not hold you hostage this way. Even if I did, you can easily get around it just by picking up the survivor from the locker and dribbling him in a corner far away from the lockers, when he gets up, just catch him with your mori.

• Ashruu
    Ashruu Member Posts: 47

The last thing tombstone needs is a buff. It's in an ok spot at the moment, making it stronger will cause a salt wave that will likely have it nerfed into oblivion.

It already feels bad if Myers finally gets to t3 with this add on for survivors, taking away their one way to counter it is just asking for trouble IMO.

Also, BHVR shouldn't balance around achievements...

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

This isnt possible due to the stun when the survivor wiggles free giving them enough time to simply run back to the same exact locker you pulled them out of. I had a similar problem awhile back where a survivor kept running to the corner and I couldnt get them to the closest hook. They just kept wiggling out and running straight back to the corner. In the end, I just had to watch them bleed out on the ground since they were the last survivor.

As far as the Myers thing goes, it becomes even MORE impossible due to Myers being slower than normal when using the UR tombstone.

tldr The stun from a survivor wiggling free gives them enough time to run back into the locker

• LordGlint

The survivors already have a huge way of countering it by simply denying stalk. This is made easier by the fact that Myers moves slower with the addon and it takes an ungodly amount of stalk to finally hit T3, more than a single survivor can provide.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

Honestly, the fact that normal moris don't suffer from locker jukes, but the tombstone does is a pretty big flaw with it. I'd be fully down for this change, since at that point you've already gotten the survivor and the alternative is playing games with them like dragging them to a place you know is a dead zone and letting them wiggle free before chasing them. Either way, the game is getting extended for no reason beyond just taking advantage of a flawed game mechanic.

The whole point of the item is to be able to mori survivors, and having such an easy method to avoid it, which doesn't actually allow them to escape but instead just makes it so they're avoiding a way for another player to get an achievement, is an issue.

• TAG
    edited August 2019

Judith's Tombstone sucks, though. Like, it is just not worth using unless you are achievement hunting.

"It already feels bad if Myers finally gets to t3 with this add on for survivors"

If you get caught by a 106% speed Myers who also has to spend a lot of extra effort to reach EW 3 compared to regular Myers, you deserve to be insta-killed by him.

• LordGlint
    edited August 2019

Dragging someone away from a locker by carrying them isnt possible. The stun from them wiggling out gives them enough of a head start to run straight into the locker again

• Ashruu
    Ashruu Member Posts: 47

Surprised to see a couple people with this sentiment. I've always enjoyed running this add-on, don't think I've ever gotten less than a 3k with it.

• TAG

Hey, if you enjoy using it, absolutely nothing wrong with that and more power to you.

The thing with Judith's Tombstone, though, is that the moderate slowdown is a VERY real downside on Myers that actually makes it hard to do anything against competent Survivors. It really only works if the Survivors have one or more potatoes on their team that don't know how to play against Myers properly. Beyond that, I would much rather use Tombstone Piece on Myers because the penalty of being booted back to EW2 Myers on a successful insta-kill is a more manageable downside IMO than being slowed down the entire game.