IS plague really that weak/bad as some players think she is?

Is she really that weak/bad as some players like to think she is? Cause some say she needs a buff because she's weak. But others say she's fine and you just got to learn to play as her.

Comments

• MJ_Out
    MJ_Out Member Posts: 184

I'm raging about my team mates more than about the killer if it's the plagu. Because if they're cleansing themselve it's almost over for us -.-

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited August 2019

No Problem :D

The buffs I'd like to see from her is to be like she was in PTB before they nerfed her for seemingly no reason. Remove the slow down on Charging, Releasing and Holding Vomit. At least this makes her a threat without her power up in the beginning of the match so she has some pressure.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,094

Plague is not weak at all. The problem is that she is not that fun to play like she should be, because part of her power gets cancelled by Survivors.

She also does not need Buffs (at least not to her Power or how it is working), but Sickness needs to have some meaning.

Personally, I would adjust Corrupt Purge, because it is a really, really strong ability and you can lose a game when one Survivor starts cleansing. And people dont stay injured for a reason, because it does not take much time to be back to full health (unlike Legion, where it took time and he was able to injure very fast anyway). It shows a lot when people stay injured vs a 115% MS Killer. Maybe a minimum amount of Corrupt Purge should need to hit to inflict damage.

But when adjusting Corrupt Purge, Sickness needs to be adjusted as well. Either Survivors who are sick will be put into the Dying State if they dont cleanse (even though, this would be similar to Deep Wound), or, they suffer a REALLY big Debuff. Maybe something like 50% Action Speed Debuff, where you might be able to finish the Gen you are working on, but you really want to cleanse yourself. But I doubt that this is gonna happen, Freddy had such a big Debuff and the Devs dont think it is fun (it is not, but there needs to be some reason to cleanse).

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Shes pretty middle of the pack. I'd like to see some additional penalties to being fully sick.

If survivors don't heal shes strong but its not that fun. Also increased duration for interactable infection would be nice.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Hard to pip with that's for sure.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

She's solid B tier.

Giving her base kit apple (the one that makes a corrupt fountain at the start) would make her A tier.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

She is weak against survivors that don't cleanse.

Thantaphobia, Pop Goes the Weasel, Surveillance, Ruin, Tinkerer, Discordance

All should be considered when playing her.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited August 2019

She's just boring.

Good survivor teams don't cleanse. Great, you can down them with a single M1 once they become broken... But you effectively have no killer power for the rest of the match. The Plague becomes a basic M1 killer in the truest sense of the word. Even if the chase time is effectively cut in half, even if it's not completely weak, it's boring.

Survivors should be punished harder for never cleansing. Perhaps they should go into the downed state after being Broken/Infected for too long?

• Efra_Legend
    Efra_Legend Member Posts: 13

She's a solid and balanced killer. Her biggest weakness is that she becomes an M1 killer against survivors who dont cleanse. It all comes down to how quickly you can end chases. I would recommend trying out Play With Your Food on her, besides Wraith she makes the best use out of that perk. 5-15% extra MS on her is insane. Pair it with Furtive Chase to get stacks off multiple survivors and have slow down perks in your last two slots (Pop, Ruin, Corrupt Int).

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

My biggest complaint about her is that you dont make enough deviousness points

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,941

Well, you can use Infectious Fright and maybe Thanatophobia to punish people who don't cleanse. Infections Fright if you are broken is just as scary as against a Tier 3 Myers.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,248

She's extremely mid tier. Any killer that can't turn safe loops into unsafe loops at all times is going rely on survivor mistakes to some degree. Survivors tend to play ultra conservative around pallets and hammer gens like there's no tomorrow. They obviously can't stop to heal, so the game naturally speeds up, and she has 0 chase potential without Corrupt Purge. Prepare to eat many pallets

• TonToE
    TonToE Member Posts: 24

Plague is honestly quite strong. I highly recommend PWYF on her.

If they cleanse then you win with your all powerful ranged attack. If they don't you gain PWYF stack and become an unloopable 1 hit downing machine. The reason why PWYF is so good on Plague is that when infected survivors are one shot, meaning you only lose one token per chase. This makes your time investment gaining stacks actually last more than one chase.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

That seems to be the problem with Plague - she is either 'weak' m1 killer or turns into an OP machine gunner that pretty much ends the survivors. There is no middle.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156
    edited August 2019

She is a midtier killer that needs some buffs. If people aren't cleasing you have big problems because you don't have the other ability that you can damage the surviver with her power.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

She's ok, but when people don't cleanse she turns into an M1 killer. Everybody stays injured, so that's not necessarily bad, but it gets boring not being able to use her power.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Because Myers has a bunch of other tools going for him too.

Lower TR

Faster vault speed

Longer lunge

Power that can be positioned to pop at the right moment to snowball and is more reliable to charge than vomiting on Survivors.

Comparing Plague to Tuft of Hair Myers is a false equivalency.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Plague has tracking, Myers TR is only a possible hassle in T1 but you can still position yourself to where you’ll see him coming, Myers waste a lot of time tiering up while Plague can puke on them once and they’ll eventually be on one hit down.

Also, I didn’t compare Plague with tuft of hair Myers, I compared her with Myers in general.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

So you drop a bit of puke on a Survivor and leave them? How is that not wasting time?

It's way easier to dodge the puke than it is to prevent Myers stalking, and even if he does leave you after stalking, that's power he can use toward snowballing your team. He doesn't have to come back to you.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I never said don’t chase lmao try to read what I say before replying, guess what? Plague can snowball just as well as Myers and if survivors split up then neither of them are going to snowball.