I think the game is totally fine how it is and doesn't need any rebalancing

POTUS45
POTUS45 Member Posts: 293

I have fun nearly every game I play. The times I don't have fun are mostly due to the killer playing in a way that isn't fun or just bad luck.

I like the game how it is.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I have fun in most of my matches too but some maps need re-balancing imo.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

In all fairness, this cant be easy to do, and im sure the devs are not intentionally making what is often refered to as a "broken" or "unbalanced" game. As with all things there is always room for improvement, and im sure there will be in time,And peps who don't like the game should go apply for a job at the studio and show them how its done.

So to any of them that read this, thank-you for what im sure is hard work.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited August 2019

I wouldn't be able to code. If I remember hard enough, I maybe remember how to html and php (maybe for 6-8 years I had do the last time something with those web-programming languages), but besides that... I am a total loser at this.

Still, playerinput is always important imo. As example you can see Pathfinder: Kingmaker. That game got review bombed... And after some while, it is now one of the best, if not the best, crpg you can get on at least steam.

What dbd matters, I would see it as a very good game, if they would take some Legion changes back. Besides that, I have nothing to complain about. Still that 1 topic is enough to be very important for me.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Thats not true.

Maybe as survivor, but not as killer.

Its rly simple.

Many games have a character/campion/killer tier list.

Normally its S/A/B/C/D/E/F.

Very simple right?

So this is the DbD killer tierlist for high rank:

Viable/Not Viable/This is unfair/You will have a hard time/You cant win

And we have this tier list, because many killers have a skill limit.

You could be the best Doc player in this world,

but you will lose vs medium skill lvl survivors.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'm a bit confused by your post. You appear to be measuring the need for re-balancing based on your enjoyment levels and then you mention but also dismiss the times where you aren't enjoying things. Could it not be possible that the Killer playstyle or the "bad luck" that is causing you to have a bad time be a result of balancing issues?

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

I may have to check that game out. And your comment about coding is the heart of my "show them how its done" statement. I know nothing about it except that it is incredibly difficult and time consuming.

But the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and player input is very important. Just how much grease they have is most likley the limiting factor atm.

• breezybrixxLOAC
    breezybrixxLOAC Member Posts: 5

Bet you never came across a modder yet 😈

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited August 2019

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is one of the most difficult games I know, what is made in the last few years.

Still, you can adjust the difficulty in the game. With the stage "story" you should be able to play the whole game, mostly without problems. On the other hand... If you set the last difficult stage on... Well... I assume that would be more hard as anything you have seen before. I have never try this stage out. The standard/default/normal stage was already enough for me :D.

What the loading times matters, so they are massively better as to the release time of Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but they have not completely go away.

Edit: What gametime matters... I like games who potentially never end. You don't need to finish every game in a day ;). At the moment I playing a Stellaris match... since 4 weeks O_O (because I have not the time to spent always much time on it and also WoW eats some of the gametime I have, too).

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is long, but it has a end^^.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Wat

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

Not so good to know that CASUALS play the same game as me, but man you had the balls to come here in public just to say that you play at Rank 20, WOW!!!

Idk if i could handle that myself, congratz!

• Shivadeathkiss
    Shivadeathkiss Member Posts: 94

I've seen rank 1 docs 3 and 4 k on the regular. Strategy plays a big part as well. It can be done.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

You say that

And than you play Wraith on Red ranks against a competent survivor team that may or may not be on voice comms

And you have no perk to slow the game down AND your on Blood Lodge

Its not fun

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

If that doctor is losing against medium skill survivors, it means he too is medium skill.

As a high rank killer it is so amazingly easy to punish mistakes of lower-skill players. Getting one boosted survivor in your game, and being able to recognize they are boosted, basically means a free win.