No consequences for leaving teammates behind on purpose?

2»

Comments

• Nonfunctional
    Nonfunctional Member Posts: 70

Most survivors can't recognise a good BT play from a bad one.

So you're version of events is just as plausible as the Claudette's.

• derperson
    derperson Member Posts: 130

Yeah... it's hard but like... it seems like some people just need to be ignored. They can really test your patience, as some of the people that play this game seem like they belong in a mental institution, but just remember that their negativity is some kind of inner turmoil in their minds. It's not your problem... /shrug

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Altruism is altruism because you don't have to do it.

The consequences for him not unhooking you is a lower Altruism score.

I'd suggest putting him on a Mori list and moving on until you see them again, at which point you Mori them if you are Killer.

Technically this game is not a team game since everyone has a similar but slightly different wincon (my wincon is for me to survive, your wincon is for you to survive, your wincon is not for me to survive), so he is under no obligation to be helpful to the other survivors.

Is he being a dick? Yes. Should you respect him as a person? No. Does this call for direct punishment beyond what I've already mentioned? No.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited August 2019

You may not want to respond to it, but it obviously needs to be repeated. You've stated that you view DbD as a team game. Unfortunately, that is your own misconception. It is not a team game. It is a survival game. The goal is for you to survive the trial. This isn't a team game like say, Overwatch or Paladins, where teamwork is absolutely mandatory and expected per the Devs in their design.

BHVR has stated that a survivor's goal is to escape the trial. How, or whether, they assist their fellow survivors is up to them. There are emblems and BP to reward doing so, but they are not required, per BHVR.

Now, the Claudette shaking "no" to you and t-bagging in front of you was definitely unsportsmanlike conduct. But beyond that, she was not required to unhook you.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Survivor's job is to survive, how you acomplish that is your business.

Sacrificing for others is literally last thing you would do irl.

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Just run deliverance.

• beautykiller326
    beautykiller326 Member Posts: 22

I’m not asking for your opinions I’m sorry, I’m telling a story and asking why this happens when it shouldn’t. I hope everyone who has read this so far and is going to read it in the future has a great day 💜

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

I didn't really read your gigantic essay but I did read the chat, and no, no one is bound to save anyone and this is not punishable.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Putting them on a Mori list? Isn't that quite pathetic? In the end it's just a game and there's always other matches. No need to ruin someone's game because they chose to not do what you please.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I mean if they feel this strongly about it then I don't see why not. Plenty of people have Mori lists for this exact purpose. I personally don't have a Mori list because I don't give a #########, but for those that DO give a ######### such as the OP it's an option and qualifies as a consequence.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I try to save people whenever it's reasonable. If you're hooked nearby, there's no NOED, and I'm uninjured and/or have BT, I'll happily go back for you and take a hit on the way out.

But if the door's open, you're hooked across the map, and I'm the only one left, sorry yolo, not being a hero.

• Catastrophic24
    Catastrophic24 Member Posts: 1

That genuinely sucks people aren’t toxic. But there really isn’t thing you can do about it. The guy was an ass and wasn’t very smart . But you seem like a good player and just don’t let them bug you cause it’s what’s they want. Hope you have a more enjoyable experience next time. Sorry if this is written weirdly I’m new to forums as well.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Isn't a Mori list bannable though. Thats a question I've always wondered.

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230

lol man.. if that's the case why is it only a small portion of your score? i believe the actual objective of the game is to level up and unlock perks, teachables, items, and addons.. you can't do much of that if you're choosing to to play all douche like & watch other people play the game while you wait for your big solo escape.. it takes a team to make a score worth a damn..

there are so many things i want to laugh at about this but i just can't.. Dead by Daylight - a 4v1 asymmetrical horror game.. 4v1.. wait maybe you missed it.. 4v1... not 1v1v1v1v1, 4v1.. people are free to play it as a 1v1v1v1v1 and be possess all the qualities of a top-notch douchebag, caught in a real life scenario where the last one standing is the "smart" or "good" or "skilled" one or whatever, but they're really just a douchebag.. hey guys? you want to just hope you're the last one found with me over and over and over again? its super dope!

omg i laughed so hard at all of these people saying these things.. top notch thread for sure :) keep up the good work guys! loving it <3

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

I'm not even going to read that wall of text OP! Use some paragraphs. Anyway, I feel like I can reply to the thread just by the subject line alone. No, there is not now nor will there ever be a penalty for being a bad team mate or letting another survivor die. That is actually one of the fundamental aspects of the game. How you want to play your survivor is up to you. Whether you want to be brave or cowardly or selfish.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

You should use deliverance so that they can’t do that

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I don't usually stick around.

Soon as gates are open I leave. Solo life bby

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300

Teabagging is not bannable either . You can be as toxic , as you possibly can (clicking torch , pressing ctrl at 10000 hertz rate , blocking paths and throwing pallets in front of chased survivor (without targeting specific person)) , if you don't use cheats/exploit bugs you can not be banned .

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230

unfortunately you do! that's how the emblems work for one thing, and #2, you get bonus bps every time you save anyone or heal them.. cooperative altruism is the best thing in the game so you should always be in search of that.. once you get it, you know the game just got a whole lot better..

• GamerMickey
    GamerMickey Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019

I don't comment on these forums but reading this has made my blood boil. There is zero reason to be toxic to your fellow survivors, that's the sort of behaviour that killers exhibit, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it turned out that this "Claudette" was in fact a toxic killer main.

I don't approve of any survivor t-bagging another survivor, in fact if I see that behaviour when I'm playing killer then I'll do my utmost to make sure the toxic survivor dies and I'll let everyone else escape.