Killers should have individual ranks tbh

pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

And then the killer rank should be the median (is that the right word? I’m bad at math) of all the ranks.

You could be a fantastic Spirit and climb all the way to red ranks but if you want to branch out and try a new killer like Freddy or Huntress, you’ll be suffering because you’re essentially a newbie playing against red rank survivors.

So instead of a one size fits all rank, you could be a 3 Spirit and a 18 Legion. When you want to play a certain killer, the survivors will be of similar rank too.

Ps: hopefully dedicated servers will also bring about new opportunities to punish deliberate derankers who want to bully new players and players vastly below their skill level.

Comments

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

The devs mentioned something about changing ranks of killer some how on the road map. I'm assuming the change will be this kind of thing.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

Should be some limitations, but I'm pretty much just thinking of keeping people out of the 20-16 range when they really shouldn't be there.

Killers share enough basic mechanics for skills to transfer to some extent, especially when it comes to killers that can be called "m1 killers". Taking rank 1 movement (as in running structures properly), game sense and mindgames to rank 20 would be a massacre.

All I'm saying is that if you get high enough as any killer you'll probably be fine starting at rank 15 or something instead of rank 20 when you give another killer a shot 😄

• Catbucket
    Catbucket Member Posts: 335

Thats like already coming?

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

I don't mean to ignore it at all, I believe that's a problem and that the people knowingly abusing it are cowardly and uncompetitive scrubs. The way matchmaking handles SWF parties has to be changed to prioritize the higher rank(s) in the party for matchmaking.

But this is a thread about individual killer rankings, not matchmaking in general.

• Efra_Legend
    Efra_Legend Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2019

You could make it so that if you reach a rank color with a killer the others progress a rank tier as well. That way you dont stomp rank 20s with your less played killers. Lets say you reach red with Billy, than all your other killers come down to green or maybe even purple. I think it would be a fair system for both sides.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

For the same reason as to why brown rank killers getting ranked with red rank survivors feels horrible and shouldnt happen, this shouldnt either

• OsamaAndKnuckles
    OsamaAndKnuckles Member Posts: 3

I thought about this too, mainly for the reason that if your in purple or even green, running killers with no perks is just asking to get destroyed. So if you have nice perks on say the hag and grind to like 8 but then get bored of hag and want to try out say trapper, rolling into rank 8 survs with a base trapper is probably not going to end well. Especially if you aren't an experienced trapper. Individual ranks makes sense for this reason, but on the flipside I think that individual ranks for killers would lead to pubstomping because many people have great perks on multible killers and are good at them, so every rank reset would result in more unbalanced matches than we have already. So in the interest of balanced matches, the current system is the best solution.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I'm fully behind separate ranks for killers. Gives players more incentive to play outside their comfort zone and play new killers or killers they have previously not invested time in.

I understand worrying about experienced killers smashing 20's but you could start them all at a rank 15 base.