The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor items NEED to be basekit to counter lobby dodge

2»

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@DeadByMoonlight I may have put my response down but I want to assist with @Just_Playing here, the killers usually dodge because of what items they are running, allowing survivors to have all items will cause more dodging, it is also because of "Survivor stereotypes" for example, when ash first released killers would usually dodge him in order to avoid Mettle before the rework

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I enjoy finding items in a map and taking it to the campfire for my hideously large supply of items. Also it's more fun without items in every game.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

I play on PS4 and according to OP him too, I always dodge a lot more lobbys when I am playing Killer because there's 3 people with red ping who hit ready so I dodge for a better lobby with better ping.

• SureSpear
    SureSpear Member Posts: 211
    edited August 2019

Honestly, unless we're giving out free brown tier items then items should not be basekit. That said, it seems like the real issue here is lobby dodging. Idk much about playing killer, but as a survivor if I see red ping I'm out. Ain't nobody got time for dat, and I understand perfectly if killers do the same. Backing out of lobbues without even trying because of certain survivors or items, however, is unacceptable. You can at least have the decency to try instead of denying everyone a game they may have waited several minutes for.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Lol you don't really need perks to be a good survivor much less items

• AceChadscoti
    AceChadscoti Member Posts: 7

As a survivor main, no.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,279

I see no problem with letting them run around with a green key...

Or a brown medkit...brown toolbox...

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Ah yes the old you "disagree with me so I shall call you a "killer main" defense". Makes you seem mature and reasonable every time.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,279
    edited August 2019

I see no problem with the game providing the items survivors can bring into a trial... Just make it so items are all the lowest ranking. A brown toolbox, a green key, ect. Id much rather face 4 crappy toolboxes the game provided than the stuff ppl USUALLY bring.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Would require additional changes. I think if the game was balanced around it then it would be good.

• dejablue
    dejablue Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2019

I'm fine with items being blood web unlockables. I just think killers shouldn't be able to see what I'm holding in lobby. Coward killers always lobby dodge if they see you have a key or if every survivor has any item at all. If I can't see the killer and have no idea what I'm up against, they shouldn't be able to see my items.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Killers should just not be able to see survivor items. Giving survivors free basekit stuff makes absolutely no sense.

• michaelkhj
    michaelkhj Member Posts: 77

@Hoodedfengm1n is right.

Even 1 key can change the game, imagine what would do 4 keys in a game.. or 4 flashlights or 4 toolboxes.. I think there should be NO mercy for nurse players but for others killers we should have.. Not saying survivors are overpowered but if items are base-kit, then killers against SWF will get absolutely destroyed every time.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

the killer should simply not be able to see the items on the hands of the survivors. that's it.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Killers dodge lobbies because too many toolboxes or insta-heals are unbalanced. Or because Flashlights hurt certain killers badly.

If killers couldn't see items, this would only result in survivors bringing more toolboxes and more insta-heals because they would not have to worry about getting dodged for their items. And this would result in less people playing killer because they don't want to deal with this stuff every match. And this would result in longer queue times for survivors.

So why go down this path of a bad idea if you could instead adjust items and make the game more balanced?

Why is the initial reaction of so many players "punish the killer"/"disable lobby dodging"/"don't show items" when you simply could make the game more balanced and give both sides the chance to play a fair match?

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

So it'd be fair to give every survivor a dull key every trial as baseline?

Seems legit can't wait for Civ 6

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Yeah...

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Or just hide them in the lobby.

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

I find it quite strange that people keep complaining about lobby dodge and actively condemn killer saying they are coward that don't like being challenged. Meanwhile, there are so many threads and post about survivor not liking certain killer or them bringing OP add on and gonna DC or kill themself on hook if they happen to versing one, but they usually get overlooked or sometime even rooted on.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

As a survivor main, I couldn't care less with I lost an item

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Items are already base kit, just less effective than the items you can bring in. If you want items basekit then we gotta start by inherently nerfing survivor abilities as a whole to balance it out.

• dejablue

What are the possibilities that in some dark corner of this forum you've written a hideous, whiney manifesto about why survivors have it easy.

• dejablue

Are you seriously saying killers have the RIGHT to lobby dodge?

Whatever. If you suck, you suck. Keep dodging and see how much better you'll get.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    edited August 2019

Because a toolbox/medkit isn't an ability, survivors aren't supposed to have that much at their disposal all the time, I'm sure you've heard but it's a 1v4 game and maps are usually huge, the game would be a mess if survivors could basically self care every match at no cost to them without taking up a perk slot. Survivors don't even need that in their basekit to be successful, it's not required to win like a killers basekit especially considering certain perks can act as an item medkit-selfcare, toolbox-prove thyself. If they did this they'd have to up the killers basekit slightly or make actions take longer (which nobody liked btw) just to be even. Another problem is let's say a good toolbox is always a part of a survivors basekit, why would I not tunnel him out of the game and get rid of that toolbox that I know he always gets.

On the main topic as you can guess I disagree, when I see one medkit and a toolbox I don't have a problem, but when it's 4 bloody people who join at the same time with items galore those are people who are trying to guarantee the win or make the killers life miserable, that's why people lobby dodge because it is that unfun to where most people would prefer backing out and going back into the slow queue then suffer for 4 other people's enjoyment. If you could see what people are running on their items (addons and rarity) then I'd be at the very least unhappy with that change so I know at least when to dodge otherwise I and most killers would rather not play the bully simulator.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I don't dodge. If they bring a lot of items (especially medkits cuz insta heals are quite common in my matches recently) I will just use Nurse.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264

I am the genie of DbD, your wish is now granted.

But to balance the game, killers now get unlimited addons. Enjoy 1 shot hatchets!

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Killers are supposed to play against survivors, not against items. If you need insta-heals and toolboxes to win a match, then you are playing at the wrong rank. Insta-heals are unbalanced, too many toolboxes are unbalanced. I'm a survivor main, but that doesn't mean that I'm not aware of the current state of the game.

• dejablue
    edited August 2019

No ed is unbalanced but I'm sure you advocate it stay in the game. Along with every other nerf survivors have gotten. Just play the game and stop whining about basic game mechanics. Are you advocating that the game limits who gets to have an item and who doesn't? Ridiculous! Good killers will get 4ks even if every survivor has a good item. Rank doesn't even mean anything.

• dejablue

Survivors are supposed to play against killers not unfair hex's like No-Ed and the entire concept of End Game Collapse which works in the killer's favor. But I bet you hardcore advocate for those to stay in. Are you saying survivors should be limited iin how many items they bring? Like only one survivor can bring a tool box? That's ridiculous. A good killer will kill no matter what items the survivors bring. And rank doesn't matter.

• cybercat
    cybercat Member Posts: 11

yeah because it's so fair that killer can pick whatever super powerful add ons secretly so survivors just have to deal with it but killer can just see survivor items and be like ayy a medkit i don't have franklin's on my spirit i'm outta here

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

Y...You do realize it's SUPPOSED to favor Killers at the lobby? The Entity is letting the Killers see what Survivors are bringing in?

How do so many people miss this? is there something in the water? Seriously! How many people have whined that it's unfair that Killers can see Survivor items?

How do so many people miss the point so damn hard!?

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Man, you must be really bad if you actually feel this way.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

No. If keys were basekit, killer would be made so much harder.