The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can someone tell me if this is fair?

LuluTheLion13
LuluTheLion13 Member Posts: 52
edited August 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I have just been against The Cannibal. And when he put someone on the hook. He stood right in front of them ready to use his chainsaw. Literally. All he had to do was let go of his button. This left us with no way of getting teammates off the hook. To me, this seems like a competitive advantage. I know some people would say. While he’s camping you can get loads of gens done. But I don’t just leave teammates there to die. I try and help them as much as I could. But this is just stupid. We should at least have a chance of getting teammates off. Shouldn’t we?

Post edited by LuluTheLion13 on

Comments

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

You can bait the killer's saw to stun them and get the save, or you can actually remember that you have two teammates not on the hook that you're letting down by worrying about someone being facecamped.

• LuluTheLion13

I know I have 2 other teammates but like I said. I don’t like leaving teammates to die on the hook without any help. And u can’t really bait out the chainsaw.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

@LuluTheLion13

You can bait the chainsaw with practice/confidence, but to be clear: you're worse for the team if you're just hanging out near the hook, waiting vainly for the chance to strike, and you're playing directly into the camper's hands by doing so. Only go for the hook when someone else has been downed/picked up, that way you can ensure not only the unhooked's chances of survival, but your own.

This is not only fair, this is normal gameplay. Facecampers are hurt for emblems. Leave it at that and get on with the trial.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Hello, this is not a bug so i'm moving this out of the section. 👍️

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

This is fair don't think of your fellow survivors as friends think of them as tools that are useful for the time being :D

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

if he will camp every single hook and won't defent the gens he will get 1, maybe 2 kills per game. So he won't pip up. So to avoid players like him you just have to get better and move up the ranks.

• Vombate
    Vombate Member Posts: 37

First, as @Kumakx said, he will only get one or two kills per game.

Second, for every 10 seconds he stays camping a survivor, he loses points in the hunting category.

My prediction?

• No generator will remain unfinished. 0 points on deviousness.
    • One or two sacrifices. 2 to 4 points on sacrifice. Bronze to 2, silver to 4.
    • One or two survivors being downed with one hit. 1 hit with 3 hook states = 7 points. 7 to 14 points on brutality. No emblem with 7, bronze with 14.
    • No need to calculate hunting. Every point he wins with chases, he loses with camping. 0 points.
    • 1 bronze = 1 point. 1 silver and 1 bronze = 3 points. 5 points is the minimum to not lose pips.

Ahn... he is actually losing pips with this strategy.

As I say for every main killer I know, camping is possible, but not recommended... at all.

• LuluTheLion13

Get better and move up ranks. I’m survivor rank 5 at the moment and I went against him. You do realise the ranks reset like over a week ago??? So yeah I am getting to a better rank and I’m still against killers like him.

• LuluTheLion13

I do think of other survivors as friends. Because I play with my friends...

• LuluTheLion13

I know that the killer loses more points when they camp. But what frustrates me the most is if I was on that hook and the killer was just camping. (It’s even worse when it’s the cannibal). I would more than likely lose points to for not doing gens and dying straight away in the game. Which will more than likely lead me into worser ranks!!!

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Oh no, but you posted it in the bug reporting section, which is only for bug reports. 😁

That's why i moved it. 👍️

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

This is a sad truth. In those games you can't even pip which makes it even more sad.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

All is fair in love and war, sadly.

• Vombate
    Vombate Member Posts: 37

I'm sorry, but for now, I don't have a solution for this matter.

Maybe "Borrowed Time" could be used as an provisional solution, but woudn't help you. Only the unhooked survivor.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

"I don't just leave teammates there to die"

And this is exactly the attitude he expect you to have, that way not only did he get a free kill but he'll get more of them because you don't want to left someone behind

• LuluTheLion13

Borrowed time wouldn’t really help in this situation. Cuz the Cannibal was sat there in front of the survivor, whilst he was revving his chainsaw. Whenever someone came and tried to unhook the survivor he just used his chainsaw.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Sometimes the best strategy is to leave the guy on hook. Rush the gens and get out. After game thank the player fpr their sacrifice and for wasting the killers time by not DCing.

It sucks but its not bannabal. Its unfun but then again I can't imagine the killer really had fun sitting there for 2 minutes holding a button. I mean at least survivors get skill checks to break up the monotony of gen repairs

• Ghost077
    Ghost077 Member Posts: 713

You play against the killer, forget about fair.

Nevertheless, there are ways to save from the Cannibal if you play with the SWF. First. Use adrenaline, and do last gen on command, immediately after save and falling down. Second. Use perks: "Up The Ante", "Decisive Strike", "Slippery Meat". Every survivor. And also offerings for maximum luck. Then, at least once, you can almost guaranteed to jump off the hook. You also can take instaheal. This will give a chance to escape even from facecamper.

• cobrahjh
    cobrahjh Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2019

Survivors have more than enough to win and save themselves. We killers love when you come back because you don't want to leave anyone behind. It's just not realistic to save everyone even if you want to. How fun would that be for killers? That's sweet of you for looking for a way to win against another viable solution killers count on.

Killers have it hard enough. Just try being a killer a few times especially when you are a rank 15 killer going against rank 1-10 or survivors 5 ranks below you because you can bring friends in or matchmaking is crap. Why is this bad? They have better experience and perks. We count on camping and tunneling and it works 90% of the time! It's like saying survivors shouldn't camp/hide while waiting for the killer to leave so they can get someone off the hook or looping over and over again. It's tools you need and use.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

totally fair imo.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

Is it fair after i downed a surviver gets insta healed in front of me so i have too chase him again? Is it fair that three people escape because a key? Is it fair that i can get genrushed and i can't do anything? I don't think it is fair either. This game shouldn't be like 4 escape everytime if the killer wants his kill then do gens and escape with the other 2 surviver.

• LuluTheLion13

It’s isn’t fair, I know that. Insta heal I suppose is half n half. All of them escaping through the hatch isn’t fair either. They should probs do something about that actually. Like when you have your key, u open the hatch, escape and then I think it should close again. Because killer can’t do anything about that. Gen rushing is fair. Cuz all u have to do is get someone on the hook. Then go to other gens and see if someone is on them. Gen rushing is nothing. But the cannibal just stood there in front of a survivor whilst revving his chainsaw isn’t fair. Idc what other people say. It isn’t fair. Cuz even when your a good rank, u still go against them. What if you just got to rank 1. Then the killer, say it’s the cannibal, does the same thing. Then you go back to rank 2. Then it happens again. It’s so frustrating.