The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My god! Fix the hit boxes already!!!

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 535

I know lag sometimes is a factor too, but come on this is ridiculous.

Comments

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Nice explanation @NuclearBurrito.

Also, Dedicated Servers should help greatly with any latency or ping issues you have, so long as you're remotely close to a server.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Honestly now I'm just happy to have an easy to compare reference point for the length of an in game meter.

The spot right in front of the Killer is where he was on frame 1 and he moved 0.5 meters so I can use that to get an easy to see reference for how long that is.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535
  • NuclearBurrito

Judging by her red stain she is aiming precisely in your direction

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's not the hitboxes, it's probably just connection making her movement look really weird. On her end it probably looked like she got a clean hit on you.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited August 2019

Red stain says she was looking right at you.

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it :/

• Ghostxy
    Ghostxy Member Posts: 5

They said they are fixing it soon by making the killers weapon have a different hitbox on you so like Hag will be much easier to face but may ruin your dead hard.

• Nonfunctional
    Nonfunctional Member Posts: 70

Just a survivor who thinks they are better at 360ing than they are.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Honestly this didn’t seem that bad to me. I have seen and experienced much worse. My favorite experience is one time when I playing on haddonfield and vaulted a window on the second story, had my feet hit the ground and still managed to get hit by the killer. But thankfully dedicated servers are just around the corner. :)

• Neonova
    Neonova Member Posts: 11

So, the hit boxes are actually fine. It's lag. So when the killer swings and hits you on their screen it send it too you and so you get hit out of range on your screen because that's how multiplayer games work. So take for example cod or bf or any of those games. The reason why most fights end in a kill rather than someone escaping is because p1 did enough damage to kill p2 on their screen before p2 escaped. And furthermore say on p2s screen they got off enough shots to kill as well, but their connection was say 10 ms slower the kill trigger for p2 will be sent and all damage p2 did to p1 after that digger is ignored. Hopefully I have explained well enough for this.

• FolkoSage
    FolkoSage Member Posts: 5

Ummm the killer is just spinning around trying to get lucky and hit it literally take no skill and is broken. Look at where the pig is looking and where the jake is she's not even looking at him and yet she still hit lol

• NuclearBurrito

Yes she is. Her red stain is pointing directly at the Jake. Thus she is looking at him.

• BirdmanOwO
    BirdmanOwO Member Posts: 43

If I remember correctly, since the lunge distance is the same for all killers, some killers with smaller weapons (Hag, Pig, etc) will seem like they get unfair hits on you; It's not really a hitbox problem, but an animation problem.

However, Hitboxes could still use a little fix, just know that certain killers make the problem look worse than it is.