How come survivor perks consistently get nerfed but the killers perks for the most part never change

Options

I truly believe that the killer is at the advantage all the time no matter what scenario so why is that survivors have to get nerfed when all we can do is run and do gens

Answers

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91
    Options

Your belief doesn't make that remotely true I'm afraid.

Against a single survivor the killer has an advantage in most cases but there are 4, they can't be everywhere at once. Survivor perks tend to get nerfed when they offer something like a free hit which depending on the chase could negate a lot of the killers time, and since all gens can be done in 3 mins without pressure, taking that pressure is a huge deal.

• TheCankleBreaker
    TheCankleBreaker Member Posts: 49
    Options

@Sackboy123 but killers abilities plus perks is more than enough to kill a perkless survivor so that’s not really true

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

Depends how good a survivor is, I run no perks to help me in chases yet I'm able to loop quite efficiently even at Rank 1, All you need is a good Jungle Gym or TL wall and you're golden and I tend to survive other games by just being stealthy.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Certain survivor perks constantly need nerfs because they offer too much of an advantage when the killer is technically supposed to be more powerful than any individual survivor. Sometimes I do agree that they nerf a perk that doesn't need it or they go overkill with a nerf, but that is about it. Killers still receive a decent bit of changes (and I've heard that NOED is getting changed again in the next patch, although I don't know how true that is.)

• TheCankleBreaker
    Options

@Richter_Cade I understand mettle of man getting nerfed and DS but I just think survivor already have a lot to deal with when running away from a killer such as having good rng with teammates that do objectives

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91
    Options

Teammates are the thing aren't they? Unfortunately it's impossible to balance around human nature, and when they do stuff it's rough as a killer. We rely on them doing nothing and getting muddled because the alternative is a gen popping if a chase lasts more than 15 seconds.

What else got nerfed besides those two? Genuine question.

• TheCankleBreaker
    Options

Well put and I didn’t know NOED was getting a change 😯

• TheCankleBreaker
    Options

All exhaustion perks and I believe self care not to sure on the others

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Killer perks are released pre-nerfed. Ones that slip through are quickly dealt with.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

Exhaustion perks were remade, not nerfed. The status effect replaced the cooldown timer. Self-care was nerfed because everyone was using it instead of actually healing each other.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

Killers perks got nerfed too : NOED ( it's a Hex now ), BBQ ( lockers counter it ), A Nurse's Calling ( reduce the range of the perk ), Thanatophobia ( reduces the values ), Sloppy Butcher ( reduces the slow down on healing ), killers perks also get nerfed, not just survivors.

• TheCankleBreaker
    edited August 2019
    Options

Yeah I just found out about some of these thanks to the earlier comments and realize that it’s kind of weird on both sides

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Nerfs happen on both sides constantly to perks but players tend to notice the ones which affect the side they play more.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Self care got changed because survivors were healing mid chase. Exhaustion perks changed because they were near unlimited uses in chases by even low skilled survivors.

Ask around about the dark times of dbd. Or check out tydetimes youtube series. Those were much needed changes as they tipped the scales way too far in survivors favor.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

Recently killers got some decent improvements recently so I have no complaints as they are still underpowered. I wouldn't begrudge small nerfs to a couple of op killer perks that too many killers are using.

I don't think Noed and ruin need to be as game changing as they are. I can play really well and still depip and the next game play terribly and 4K and double-pip. The difference? Did they find my ruin or not.

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261
    Options

Plenty of killers' perks got gutted. Unrelenting used to be meta , NOED used to last the whole endgame. Enduring used to affect all stuns. Brutal Strenght used to make the pallet break nearly instantaneous

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Killer powers have been nerfed a lot/changed. Legion is a big example of a killer power being absolutely gutted.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,029
    Options

Saw a post earlier saying we'll make it should be reverted to this...

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

AH.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *Several hours later* Haaaa....

No, Killers are nerfed to the deepest levels of hell and I'm sorry I'm on the same map and needing to hit you with my M1s. Please, really go look at the game. Make sure it's Dead By Daylight, and come back.

Besides, Killers are supposed to be a God of Hope/Fear fueled murder machine. Has anyone honestly been worried about facing a Killer in... like ever? 3 days after a killer comes out, they are nerfed or figured out. So.... Don't know what you are smoking Bruh.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

I never even knew about the exploit till the nerf hit and i loved Legion. I just loved the stabbin.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

lol wait wait wait.

Survivors have more really good perks than killers??? Where?

The only top tier perks survivors have are Adrenaline, Lithe/Balanced Landing (used almost interchangeably), and Borrorwed Time. D-strike just gets you tunneled and Dead Hard works maybe once if the killer is good. Every time after that, they'll wait til you use it then just hit you after so it's trash to me.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

I said good perks(mid - high tier).

But survivors have just more good and very good perks.

Autodidact: If every survivor would use this and not selfcare, then the heal time would be 8 seconds most of the time.

Bond:good for solo players

Dance With Me: In combination with other perks good

Iron Will: rly good for hiding

Kindred: good for solo players

Object of Obsession: good vs every stealth killer

Plunderer's Instinct: for farming keys

Poised: its good, but only 5 times

Prove Thyself: Gen Rush in team?

Quick & Quiet: in combination good

Self-Care: many people use it, but I dont know why

Spine Chill: very good perk vs every killer

Sprint Burst: rly good for wasting killer time

We'll Make It: rly good for fast heal

etc.................

Im not a survivor main, but I know many good survivor perks.

But I only see 1 perk build in high rank:

• Selfcare(WHY?)
    • Balance Landing
    • DS(Meta perk for 2.5 years)
    • Spine Chill/Boring time

There are some types of killer perks

• survivor can counter this perk
    • trash number
    • situationally
    • decent perk(Example:STFBL)

• RakimSockem
    Options

In the same light, Killers have a lot of good perks as well and most survivor perks are easily countered

Self care got nerfed into the ground. If Borrowed Time is a problem, go after the person doing the save (basically don't tunnel like a dick) and you'll probably get a free kill because they're locked in the unhooking animation. etc

Mid-high tier Killer perks

BBQ - Double BP AND knowing exact locations of survivors far away AND knowing that someone is likely close if you can't see them

Ruin - Slow the game down a lot

Pop goes the weasel - Gen progress destroyer

Sloppy Butcher (especially after the healing nerf) - Takes forever to heal

Thanataphobia - Slows everything down

Nurses Calling - Instant tracking on healing, makes for some easy downs on unaware survivors who think they're hidden

Discordance - Location info when people cooperate

Whispers - Easy to locate people, HELLA powerful in end game when trying to figure out which door a survivor is going for

Spirit Fury - free hits after only breaking 2 pallets (i still think that should increase to 3)

Enduring - Fast recovery from stuns, especially powerful when combined with Spirit Fury

Brutal Strength - Fast gen and pallet breaking to keep chases going

Bamboozle - shuts down loops, especially the one "infinite" left in the game (I still don't believe there is a true infinite until I see a video where no matter WHAT you do, you will NEVER catch that person. If you can eventually catch them, it's not infinite by definition)

Save the best for last - The decreased cool down makes chases end faster

Devour Hope (when not found) - A slug fest, huge snowball opportunities

Blood Warden - Powerful end game tool, especially when combined with NOED

Make Your Choice - Someone gets unhooked, you go back to the hook and both people are a one shot if they don't heal the person who was unhooked

NOED - powerful end game tool

Franklins - ddestroys weapons

Hex Third Seal: Without SWF, if this doesn't get found early, the whole games goes to hell quickly

I could even be a little cheap and add Knock Out for the same reason as Third Seal

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

So could we just agree that both sides have some good perks.

But killer have more perks with counter play.

And THANA is not a good perk.

Its like "Remember Me".

Not worth running.

• Raven014
    Options

But there aren't survivor perks that are required to have a chance, similar to Ruin or Corrupt intervention. You can of course not run them, but you're placing yourself at a major disadvantage against higher rank survivors... who probably have the meta build: Adrenaline, Exhaustion perk 1, BT and DS.

DS doesn't encourage tunneling, since they have such a lengthy amount of time for the DS to be used after an unhook. It's often not worth it to go after them.

• Raven014
    Options

Remember when Remember me had 6 tokens and was actually good? Yeah, I miss it too...

• RakimSockem
    Options

Deliverance is one that I immediately thought of but there might be more. If you're the first one chased and hooked, the entire perk is rendered useless since you can't Kobe off the second hook.

• Raven014
    Options

Yeah, that's why it's not meta. If I see someone use that, I immediately tunnel them to second hook because it's resetting killer progress in the game. I do not respect it.

• RakimSockem
    Options

Damn, so we get tunneled for using off meta perks now? rip lol

• Raven014
    Options

Only for Deliverance, because of it's effect on the killer's snowball effect. That's it.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142
    edited September 2019
    Options

Because survivors dont really need perks to survive. Their perks are also sometimes more powerful then that of killers. Killers need perks to have a chance or else they would get demolished.

Survivors will usually run their

Selfcare, adrenaline, or whatever they have and survivors can still win easily without perks.

Against a good cordinated team, killers will get stomped even with perks, not counting nurse.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Your name literally shows that you are a survivor main, also killers have an equal nerfed amount of perks as survivors

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Well, the amount of nerfs doesn't indicate if they are good-enough nerfs.

Let's say there's a Perk that allows you to heal 100% faster at all times, which is way too much in the current state of the game.

Nerfing it by removing 10%, then 10%, then 10%, then 10% and then 10% is a lot of nerfs spread over multiple patches, but that doesn't mean it's now super weak.

Sprint Burst has a LOT of nerfs for example, but it's still holding up super well.

Whether it's the best Exhaustion Perk is a discussion i don't want to engage, but at the very least you can't ever go wrong with it in terms of generally strong Perks.