The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Everyone taking a break or?....

Wait times to get into killer matches are ridiculous and this started two days ago. Everyone taking a break for a breath of fresh air when the DLC releases?

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    edited August 2019

Just people not wanting to deal with higher ranks, probably. Wouldn’t surprise me if Survivors were depipping to get easier Killers, plus your theory on people taking a break is also a factor. Been playing SWFs with my buddy whose new, so he’s a rank 17 currently and matches are always found in heartbeats.

Rank 7 rn on my Killers and it takes about 20 minutes to find matches, so...

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Rank 9 on mine and it takes 15. Survivor rank 10 atm and all my matches are with Chinese killers.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

A big part of it is also disproportionate bloodpoints. Even if you lose as killer you still get a ######### ton of bp compared to a solid survivor game meaning that more people will turn to killer to fight the grind. Because this is an asymmetrical game, having more people swap to the "power" role and not the "numbers" role will lead to less games for multiple people in the power role.

Note that this will pretty much always be a problem with any asymmetrical game and won't be fixed completely by adding more bp to survs or whatever. There's always going to be a large number who want to play more than just survivor (there's a whole other half of the game to explore) so there's always going to be lobby issues that a symmetrical game wouldn't have to worry about.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Rank reset really kills my mood to play this game. Stranger Things will bring me back tho but until then it's Battlefront 2 time!

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Survivors can easily get as much if not more blood points than a killer, the only reason they don't is

1. They turn into Bob the builder and friends and focus only on 1/4 categories

2. Because of 1 killers normally have to tunnel someone out of the game even further reducing the BP that survivor would have gained

Now if these two points in any way were addressed then survivors would get more BP without the devs boosting their gains to be at greater potential than the killer

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Im rank 10.

Takes me about 5 mins to get a match going. And thats when it takes long.

Maybe its a location thing...

• Ark_the_Bonsai

Are you really against the side that needs to have more people playing it having more incentives to balance out the matchmaking? This isn't a game where we can have a 50/50 split on the community. The killers have to be a minority for the asymmetrical aspect to work.

And yes, survivors can balance out their bloodpoints to match that of a killer but it requires a lot more spread out attention. As a killer all of your points come from doing your one and only objective. As a survivor your points are spread out amongst a multitude of different things and survial points are incredibly hard to come by outside of outright leaving.

Note that I'm looking at this purely from an "incentive to play" perspective. I tend to prefer playing killer myself just for the playstyle but tend to play a lot of survivor just because the matchmaking is faster. Incentivising more people to play means more survivors to go against the minority killer. If you perfectly balance incentives then there will be an equal (relatively speaking) number of players on both sides and this is BAD for an ASYMMETRICAL game.

I'll never understand why other killers hate the idea of survivors getting a few more bloodpoints when it's obviously beneficial to the games health.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I don’t have ps+ rn so I kinda am on break. :P

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

I wouldn't doubt it. The game does get boring and annoying.

And idk about anyone else, both I personally tend to take breaks from the game simply because there are still mechanics that are either poor, or broken and the devs have yet to do anything about it after months/years.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

The reason It is spread out as such is because survivors have more than one objective to BALANCE out the fact there are four survivors and completing even a little of each of these creates games where both killers and survivors have the chance to gain the max amounts of points that was my only point.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

As far as I've seen, a survivor who survives makes the same amount of points give or take a a bit, yes, they can earn more then the killer. hell if they played a good game and got killed they can still score heavy. The only ones getting boned are the one's out early.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

I really feel like this issue has less to due with lack of players and more to do with their matchmaking system.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,700

School started up again recently for a lot of people, that could have something to do with it.

• Ark_the_Bonsai

Well what if there were more points available for side objectives to further incentivize wasting time on them rather than the current incentive of getting less points than you'd get for surviving for more work?

I just want more people playing survivor and less people playing killer. The biggest complaint I hear from survivors is their point gain so increasing it is, in my opinion, a good way to fix the que issues caused by too many killer players. (At the very least a good start on it).

@Frosty

Again, the problem I'm seeing is that there should be more incentive to play the Numbers role so that a majority play it in an asymmetrical game. Maybe points isn't the way to go but if it isn't it'd be nice if someone gave an idea for other incentives to play the role that needs to have more people.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I'm not playing as much because of the upcoming new perk-getting system. I'd rather wait a week or two and come back refreshed and earn twice as many perks per game.

• Ukonvasara
    Ukonvasara Member Posts: 65

Are you on console? I recently made the switch to PC and so far survivor queues are almost instant and killer queue is about 1 to 2 minutes?

One of the reasons I made the switch was because of the godawful survivor queue times on PS4.

With that said, at least on PS4 Europe the survivor queue times have always been pretty bad.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

@Ark_the_Bonsai i hear ya, and im all for keeping this game healthy. It would just have to be done with care.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    edited August 2019

I'm taking a break too until the dlc drops:D I'm taking a break because of this

This is way I'm taking a break:D until the dlc drops. Mean while I'll be playing battlefront 2,stormworks and other games:D p.s im kidding I'm far from taking a break because I just took one a while ago:D

Post edited by snowflake102 on
  • Ark_the_Bonsai

Wow, when people at like twats to someone whose a much lower rank then them to feel better lol.

Personal suggestion from an older (game time wise) player. Block their account. It doesn't effect game matchmaking because of how DBD handles it meaning you'll still get it but you'll know why who they are when they're in your lobby next time. This means you can mori them and, if they add the same kinda toxicity that game, you leave them on the mori list. If they seem nicer next time, you can unblock them. Think of it as a naughty or nice list.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Killers always fullfill the role of all four categories. Survivors can't always choose what role they want to fulfill though. You can't control in which catergories you get bloodpoints and in which not.

The overall cap still needs to be 32k, but the individual category cap need sto be increased to something like 16k or just remove the cap in general. This would be very important. The only thing is that since survivors can keep their items when escaping, the rate at which rare items and addons spawn in the bloodweb would maybe have to be decreased slightly. But nothing more.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

You really shouldn't pay attention to those kind of weirdos. I mean, why pay any attention to what people who take games so seriously and get so salty over game say? I wouldn't value the opinion of those people one bit.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Been off for about a week, so yeah. Really just waiting for that sweeet new content :>

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I take a break from this game constantly because it's incredibly boring too do the exact same thing over and over and over again. Game desperately needs a new game mode. As for wait times, I never have a problem with it as Killer. Most I've waited is 5 mins for a game.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

A break doesn't sound like a bad idea tbh

I'll probably break until we get some good DLC

See ya in a few...

• womi
    womi Member Posts: 11

oh yeah i just took a break of like 4 weeks, now im getting back into dead by daylight for 2 reasons:

1. i have every character in the game so just leaving the game would be a waste of money
    2. DEMOGORGON
  • womi
    womi Member Posts: 11

bro instead of taking the insult seriously, why dont you laugh at them? its funny seeing someone cry because its a game :D

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

I normally just report those people for harassment (I play on PS4) that is taken very serious and normally they can end up losing their PSN for it, and in my opinion they should lol good luck getting your progress back on fortnite

• snowflake102

I was joking I'm far from taking a break. And I was laughing look at the pictures :D

I said to em oh someone's salty lol:D that made em even more mad. So I said lol again and left chat

• Alice_pbg

Your pc times are what I usually get on the ps4.

I guess more people play on the ps4 here. (Brazil, in case you were wondering)

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

The lack of a PTB has frustrated me.

The standard time between patches has been thrown off. We also got an official announcement which is generally 1 week until PTB, then 2 til the drop. I'm now sitting at 1 mil bloodpoints and can't really prestige anything without wasting them with no real goal left.

It's a big demotivator.

• Alice_pbg

I dont see why, the game runs better on pc.

But if you want it on the switch..go ahead

• snowflake102
    edited August 2019

On no I was just wondering I'm fine on pc:D I was just curious if you tried it on switch

• Alice_pbg

I haven't, but I would assume the lobbys would be not great here... I dont see a lot of people with a switch

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Possibly I'm r3 as survivor and get lobbies within seconds and r10 as killer and get lobbies within about 5 mintues.

I haven't really been playing outside dailies and if my friend can get me off another game.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

I can only speak for myself on taking a break and I haven't really touched the game in about...6 weeks. Probably more than a break at this point. I still like looking at the forums once in awhile though.