The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pig abusing crouch

xEa
xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Hello

Simple case

• Killer is the Pig
  • Mask is activated
  • Pig is following specific Survivor with active mask crouched so there is no chase scenario(and timer is ticking off)
  • Blocking the Jigsaw boxes / grabing survivor when on the box
  • Waiting until it exlodes

Against the rules?

If so, can you get banned for that?

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Waste of time, you get gen rushed.

Its not against the rules.

Pig is slower than a survivor when she crouches, he can get away

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

That's not abuse, any more than survivors looping is. That's just using the tools at her disposal to her advantage, which is what everyone is supposed to do.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Too bad my Quarterback build lets me carry you at 110% speed so I can go after dem pesky other people!

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

unfortunately not bannable. just really bad game design

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I guess we need to nurf pig again πŸ™„πŸ·

• xEa

I remember a killer trapping Ochido in the basement with a mask on. The killer got banned for that. While it is not exactly the same, it is kinda similar. Really sad that they apprently dont care anymore for that.

I wish, devs would be more consiquent. Allowing stuff like this is just promoting toxic invorment. And i am not saying that this is a Killer issue, it is tolerated on both sides.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,274

The next update will fix a bug in which Pig was able to kill survivors.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited September 2019

If the killer wasn't crouching it is bannable as they cant die so thats taking the game hostage.

If they crouched and he died the killer would never be banned for it.

In reality a pig doing this is just the same as hard camping a hook. It's normally a waste of time as the others can do gens and get out so they just limit their own points and kills.

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

That is actually untrue, the survivor can still escape via the hatch, or if the hatch is closed, wait out 2 minutes at worst. You cannot take the game hostage with traps.

• LordGlint

We need to ban all the people exploiting these bugs. They obviously hacked that into the game.

• LordGlint
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited September 2019

I was referencing the basement pre the stairs being widened as when in a chase it stops the trap from going off which was quite easy to do in that scenario.

So if you were trapped in there even with a trap on and she wasn't crouched it was possible to hold them hostage much like any killer could.

• bummer_bloops
    bummer_bloops Member Posts: 27

Be careful what you wish for, you knows devs will do it without a second thought πŸ‘€

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Lol no! #########...

1. If a Pig is doing this it is a horrid way to play her. The survivors will win.

2. Characters are allowed to use their abilities however they want. I hate when survivors body block hook but that doesn't warrant a ban! They can do whatever it takes to win (or have fun), and killers can do the same.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited September 2019

Bad design/poor mechanics, not against the rules since you still die, so it's not holding the game hostage.

Sure the killer makes one person miserable. But by doing this, 3 survivors if they are smart and do gens, much like a face camping killer, will only get 1 kill and a black pip with 3 fleeing survivors.

These people never go up in ranks or get better for a reason.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

To answer the OP, the killer isn't breaking any rules.

But I would like to speak to the others calling it "bad game design". While I can understand where you are coming from when you say that I have to disagree. It's the goofy crazy things like this in the game that give it a lot of it's charm. What really makes this game special to me is that there are very few rules in the game. It is up to the players to decide what is fun for them.

Some survivors might not find it very amusing for a killer to do this to them, but guess what? When you log in and play as a survivor, you are also signing a consent form to be a killer's play thing. These are the games that are memorable and interesting to me.

I've done lots of abusive things to survivors in my games. I've slugged two survivors near an exit gate and let them race. The winner gets to escape and the loser gets picked up and put on a hook. Pre-EGC I've played as Doctor and killed all but one survivor then forced the survivor to work on generators. Whenever the survivor fails a skill check, I shock or hit them. Then when the survivor finishes the last gen, I kill them. I've played games with the trapper where I'll set up all my traps in one area of the map then catch a survivor and drag them to the center of my trap maze and release them. If the survivor can get out of my rat maze without stepping on a trap while out running me then I'll let them escape, if they fail then they get face camped. Why? Because I can and it amuses me.

• xEa

Idk man, what you consider charm is straight up annoying. Maybe im to old for that kind of humor.

I also disagree on the "its up to the players to decide what is fun for them" part. Even it is just a game, imho everyone has a responsibility to play the way that other people also have a good time. Especially for those actions which are clearly only intentional to ruin someones game (for example farming someone off the hook in front of the killer, Basement camping Bubbas, Mori spamming Killers etc etc)

The "because i can and it amuses me" attitude is in my opinion a bit premature. I guess it is the internet and the lack of consequences, that makes seemingly nice people into insufferable beeings.

Said that, this is not the fault of the players (they are just what they are, sadly) but of the developers who seem to suport that.

Anyway, seems to be clearly not against the rule, so this topic can be closed.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Closing topic by OP's request

This discussion has been closed.