Overrated killers

Which killers do you think are overrated and why?

Comments

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Myers 100 percent..if he doesnt get out of ew1 quickly he gets slammed..plus his power despite the startup is easily loopable..to top it off the resource nature of his power often screws him late game

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Myers, I’ll never understand how Plague is trash tier but Myers is B tier.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900
    edited September 2019

Billy. He can be looped into oblivion like any other average killer.

• GrootDude

Billy is good because of map pressure but he definitely isn’t top two or three imo, he is overrated definitely.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Billy. He is as loopable as any other killer not named Nurse and Spirit.

• GrootDude

And Hag, she is still loopable but not nearly as loopable.

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269
    edited September 2019

Hag. With urban evasion and the bazillion flashlights survivors use, her traps are easy to overcome.

• GrootDude

Maybe if she has traps in obvious spots, I’d honestly like to see you urban evasion mid-chase without trying to lose her.

• MegMain98
    edited September 2019

Hag is loopable if she doesn’t have good trap placement. I don’t believe she is overrated because I rarely see anybody speak about her.

If she isn’t placing traps then of course she’ll just get looped to an oblivion.

• The_Bogeyman

Also Myers is awesome. He deserves his rank.

• GrootDude

I was actually adding hag to the nurse and spirit list.

• The_Bogeyman

Chase is the only time they can really work. But once peeps know its a Hag they urban around. Unless they're potatoes.

• The_Bogeyman

Nah. Unless survivors are potatoes and cleanse any time they get a pit of puke on them.

• GrootDude

In high ranks I don’t see urban much, imo it is an underrated perk but it still doesn’t counter hag completely.

• MegMain98

Hag can honestly be better than Billy if she has her strongest add-ons equipped. Her strongest add-ons are easily better than Billy’s strongest.

I also believe Plague is better than Myers. Myers gets stomped in red ranks against a competent team. He isn’t bad, but he isn’t great either.

• GrootDude

But then they’re on one shot and much easier to hear, basically T3 but better.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900
    edited September 2019

I concur. I always do well with him in the high ranks. Unless I get a god forsaken corn map.

• The_Bogeyman

Only if they are potatoes and cleanse. Meaning she's only good against idiots. She gets stomped against survivors who don't cleanse.

• GrootDude

I never said they were cleansing, please read before you reply. Myers stalks people and exposes them, Plague pukes on people and makes them broken.

If the survivors are coordinated then they aren’t likely healing making Myers stalk useless, if survivors don’t cleanse them they’re wounded all game making corrupt useless but plague has better tracking.

Coordinated teams don’t heal so Myers exposed won’t do anything, coordinated teams won’t cleanse against plague. Both Plague and Myers waste time building up sickness/exposed however plague can doesn’t have to completely finish building up sickness as it will manually go up.

If we’re talking about coordinated teams then plague has more going for her.

• The_Bogeyman

I know what you're saying sweet pea. The point ain't change. Plague gotta run around after one person trying to keep puking on them to get 'em broken. Myers can multi stalk of anyone and build up that tier 3. Plus he got that extra reaching lunge when he gets into tier 3.

Plague ain't got none of that. The vommy mommy is trash against anyone above the green ranks. And even in green rank she struggles.

• GrootDude

If you knew what I was saying then no talk of cleansing would has started. Your multi-stalk will be meaningless when the survivors split up to do gens, now you’re chasing one survivor while three others do gens, based on your talk of multi-stalk I’m going to assume you’ve never faced a truly coordinated group.

Plague still has better tracking and access to corrupt thanks to add ons.

Myers has one shot ability but coordinated survivors will be wounded most of the game, with dead rabbit he can have a smaller TR but good luck sneaking up on good survivors. All Myers will have is increased lunge but he’ll waste even more time to get it.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

If you keep chasing 1 survivor just to make them broken, you play Plague wrong.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Clown.

Hoo boy he forces that pallet down one loop early. I'm soooooo excited.

And no, it doesn't "add up".

• Marcus

Myers. Some people truly believe he is stronger than Spirit. That's overrated AF. Also, I really don't see him in high tier either, especially when he can be easily looped even in EW3, EW3 takes time to tier up and his stalk is limited unlike Ghost Face's stalk ( however I still think he is better than Ghost Face ).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Myers. Everyone likes to talk about how good he is, when he is really mid tier at best.

• The_Bogeyman
    edited September 2019

Because cleansing is the only way she becomes an effective one shot killer. That's why it came up dearie.

If you're chasing one survivor to get your EW then you're playing Myers wrong. You can top it up on multiple survivors, and then if you really play him right you bring it right to the brink and have it ready to pop when you are on someone and smack 'em down with that sweet EW3 lunge.

Works every time for moi and all other good Myers players. Plague on the other hand ain't got these kind of advantages and that's why she's lame and everyone wants her buffed. Don't hear outcries for Myers buff because he is in a good spot. Plague, Doc, Bubba and the rest of the lame ones are the ones peeps want buffed.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Plague is possibly the best m1 killer after freddy. I play every killer at rank 1, and plague gives you the most control over the match (of m1 killers besides freddy) if you are good at pressure. As soon as the survivors are broken, which shouldn't take long if you know what you are doing, plague can be lethal. Also, monitor and abuse is quite good on plague.

• GrootDude

“Because cleansing is the only way she becomes an effective one shot killer. That's why it came up dearie.”

False, corrupt doesn’t expose. Vile Purge does in a way though.

“If you're chasing one survivor to get your EW then you're playing Myers wrong. You can top it up on multiple survivors, and then if you really play him right you bring it right to the brink and have it ready to pop when you are on someone and smack 'em down with that sweet EW3 lunge.”

I was referring to early game where you have no stalk, you’ll waste tons of time constantly switching targets and if they don’t heal then all you’ll have is that lunge which actually isn’t as good as you think. I know how to play Myers, I never said I chase the same survivor all game getting T3 but you clearly can’t play Plague if you think you need to continuously chase the same survivor while puking on them, she’ll have everyone on one shot with much less effort than Myers.

“Works every time for moi and all other good Myers players. Plague on the other hand ain't got these kind of advantages and that's why she's lame and everyone wants her buffed. Don't hear outcries for Myers buff because he is in a good spot.”

I have never said that Myers is in a bad spot, I have only said that Plague is better. I constantly hear outcries for spirit nerfs, removal of swf, DS nerfs, noed nerfs and Billy nerfs even though all of these are fine. People want Plague buffed because most people find the matches where people don’t cleanse boring so they want incentive to cleanse.

I’ve already listed the advantages of Plague, all Myers will have is longer lunge while Plague will have tracking, her power counters Adrenaline much harder than Myers can, she completely counters insta-heals used on yourself while they both have and equal counter to pink insta-heals.

• Marcus

Don't forget that Plague counters every healing perk ( and there will be a little more of them after Stranger Things chapter ) + Iron Will.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited September 2019

Now if we were to talk about overrated counters this would be 1# on my list. just because getting saves are safe with those two things (Urban and a flashlight) it does not mean your safe from traps for the whole match, also how often will you run into someone using those two things when your playing hag. If she puts a trap at a loop when your there you cant do anything, you will also not be able to keep track of her all game so in a chase your still going to activate a trap, and your not going to crouch all game so you still might activate a trap near a gen or path your running. this is all also with maybe 1 or 2 survivors using urban evasion with a FL so hag is still getting hits and slowing the other 3 or 2 survivors.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Freddy is the most overrated killer imo. All of his strengths are weaker versions of what Spirit can already do. Why transport to generators with his power when you can just play Spirit and do that with much less warning? Why use the snares to slow down survivors that don't work that well when you can just be spirit and catch up to any survivor a lot quicker and they can't mind game you as easily?

At least with Myers there are things he can do that no other killer can. He can kill a survivor without ever downing them. He basically has a built in mori with his addons except you never have to down a survivor first. Myers can completely destroy any survivor's stealth with his scratched mirror or he could have a built in NOED that last majority of the game (just use play with your food to get the speed boost.)

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Billy. I see so freaking many people crying for Billy nerfs because he's sooooo op, but against decent survivors he's just a M1 Killer.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    edited September 2019

Spirit 1000%, from what i understood some streamers play spirit and get a 4k and then they say spirit is better than billy or (even nurse).

There's no question about who is overrated is definitely spirit, when half of the community think spirit is over billy..... crazy man.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

DOCTOR

lmao, people see him as very strong just because he can find survivors at the beginning very easy. But after that he is a super ez loopable M1 killer. His m2 is NOT anti loop at all. It only works on loops which are already unsafe. But why do you need his m2 on unsafe loops? Just use M1 lol.

Also, as billy for example I can find survivors in the first 10 seconds of the game. And anyway: on high ranks survivors don't give a ######### about getting found. They see you and run to a safe spot to start the chase.