Downed through windows

Is it just me or is there a major change in.. the killers swing.. hitbox?

I'm just curious if anyone else thinks that the ability to safely window vault is not what it used to be? I don't ever remeber jumping through windows and being downed mid air over a year ago?

I can't tell you how many times I'm well two footed into the ground on window vaults and still.. get downed

Does anyone else feel the same?

Killers out here got that extendo these days!

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I didn't really notice a difference. (I'm on PS4.)

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I mean I've started playing the game about 1 year ago, and I haven't really noticed any difference. Vauls aren't supposed to be overly safe, if you are to close to them, killers can hit you since there arms can reach over the vaults. Especially with medium vaults, even when you end the medium vault animation, there is still a chance to get hit if you don't move far away from the vault since the killers can still reach you. Which is how it's supposed to be.

I'd say vaulting works like 98% of the time. But I have experienced those instances where I moved away from the window far enough after medium or fast vaulting, so that the killer shouldn't have been able to hit me, and yet I still got hit. Might be latency though. And in particularly very rare occasions I experienced this as killer as well, so in those cases the hitbox just gets messed up for some reason, that's at least my guess.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

The hit box's aren't really that bad its ping, You should be able to hit though window as killer I don't see why people think you shouldn't be able to hit though the window if you close enough

• knjhw
    knjhw Member Posts: 50

This % of times a hitbox is off is definantly more than two percent lol. You would think a game with a hitbox would be designed.. slightly better

• knjhw

If I'm vaulting and lithe activates and starts giving me a move and then I get downed.. it's definantly further away than being right in front of the window. I mean I play killer too. . I definantly know the how far of a distance from a window a survivor needs to not get downed. So maybe they need to fix there hitboxes and do a little more about latency. After all I know not to be in a red barred match.. I know when to leave a lobby. But the fact we have to rely on the killers connection is somewhat uterly

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

There's a major difference between vaults.

Slow Vault: Your hitbox is in the window, as long as you are vaulting and in the moment after that you can still get hit because the killer weapon can hit things in a short range over objects.

Fast Vault: Your hitbox skips the window very fast and the killer only got a short amount of time to hit you.

• knjhw

So maybe it's possible I got lagged back into the last millimeter he could hit me from..? Because after all wether it's a really bad connection or slightly unstable the killer will have the advantag in his own game. So maybe I've had bad luck here recently and it will change again 😁😁 lol