The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Looking for suggestions for new killers for me to branch out to.

Swimming_Bird
Swimming_Bird Member Posts: 48
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

Pretty simple, I'm looking for advice on what new killers I should try to learn and play. There is sort of a stipulation to this though. I play to have fun, period. Not interested in being rank 1 at all really, and I normally seem to sit around ranks 10-12. I don't think I play any of the top tier killers, which are what? Hillbilly, Nurse and Spirit? I have only really learned to play Doctor and Wraith to my satisfaction and have a ton of fun with them, even though I often don't do super well.

Point is they don't need to be 'meta' killers to be valid suggestions, I'm just here to have fun. Any input would be great y'all.

Answers

• OGOzSnowChimp
    OGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247

I find The Trapper to be exceptionally fun to play as. Although not fool proof trapping the gate switches takes a bit of the guess work out of the end of the matches if you've failed to stop the survivors getting that far.

• Gopher
    Gopher Member Posts: 50

Try The Hag with BBQ, Sloppy Butcher, Make your choice and nurses calling. Go for map control. Place traps on half of the map and try forcing the survivors to do the other half. Endgame should be them trying to finish the last couple of gens that are super close together. It's a super fun build and I have a lot of success with it.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Learn Spirit, her mind games are extremely fun. For me, Huntress has been a lot of fun as well. Both very viable killers imo

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Freddy <3 or Basement Killers

So I can write an entire Essay on the fun science behind Basement Builds and Killers but I won't right now.

Anyway, Freddy is the way to go for sadistic joy and funny plays.

Build 1---Basement Freddy: Agitation, Iron Grasp, Save The Best For Last, and Devour Hope. Add-ons: up to you but maybe the Drawing, just 1 though.

Basically you trap people in the Basement and plant Snares on the way up and at at least two entrances to the Basement. If the Survivors are silly, and they are, they will trip the Snares as they go for the save. If there is a Gen above it just wait to get your Devour stack then teleport over and smack dab them back in. STBFL will help you eventually get the rescuer and rescued into the Basement. Devour will make the job harder for them and more fun for you.

Build 2---Sadist Freddy: Thanatophobia, Knockout, Sloppy Butcher, Free Perk(I use Devour but Ruin is good too). Add-ons: Swing Chains and Black Box or ropes and a Blindness snare.

This build requires you to always slug 1 person, that person will be injured and in the Dream World giving every Survivor 2 debuffs. They will have a hard time finding him so they'll waste time searching and eventually healing giving you plenty of time not to worry about Gens. Eventually if you have Devour you will give them increased pressure with looking for that totem, delicious.

Dream Pallets are also very entertaining, it feels so amazing to see a Survivor who is injured run to Killer shack and SLAM that pallet on you only for them to see it explode in blood, ''it is at that moment he knew, he ######### up''.

I find gimmick builds very fun, Monto on Youtube showcases a lot of these and introduced me to fun power of the Basement and it has been my pleasure to examine the science behind it in this game and exploit it whenever possible. The Demogorgon sounds like a prime candidate for it and I am excited to test it out, I hope you like these ideas and enjoy them. I can keep going if you'd like, I got plenty more.

• Legion: Sloppy, Thanatophobia, BBQ/Ruin/Pop, perk of your choice.

They are kind of fun and their mori looks amazing.

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

Rotating each and every killer is pretty rewarding and you learn to face them as well :)