The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer & Survivor Concepts (Scrapper & Alice Davis)

Psylent
Psylent Member Posts: 38
edited October 2019 in Creations

The Scrapper: 32 meter TR & 115% move speed.

Lore: A scrap mechanic and graffiti artist who used to rule the streets. He would spend a lot of his time in junkyards looking for scrap parts to create new contraptions. When society forced him out of the city he lived in, he took over a nearby junkyard. He sprayed graffiti everywhere and chased out anyone who wandered into his new home. *I think an Autohaven map covered in graffiti would suit him. His mori should be him knocking out the survivor and then painting graffiti on them, or something similar.*

Weapon: Pipe maybe? Or some kind of tool perhaps.

Power: Throws smoke grenades (RMB) and can turn his thermal goggles on and off using "R" or "Ctrl". Thermal vision turns everything grayscale and the Scrapper can see auras of survivors within 8 meters so long as no physical objects are in the way. This could be difficult to code maybe? It'd be nice if it was as close to real thermal vision as possible. Like say someone is running through corn, ideally you should see parts of their heat signature showing up when you have partial line of sight. Also, fire and other heat sources should show up too just to be realistic. Obviously smoke from his grenades would not obscure his thermal vision, nor would thick mist. Also, just to be clear, thermal vision does not affect his sensitivity to flashlights. Thermal is not the same as night vision. His thermal goggles glow red, showing up in the smoke. Survivors will see glowing red eyes through the smoke, but perhaps only from a short distance like 8 meters?This would be the only thing not obscured by the smoke. The red stain would also be hidden while inside smoke. At least, that's what I'd like.

Smoke grenades cover a circular area that is 12 meters in diameter with a thick smoke lasting 20 seconds. Neither survivors nor the Scrapper can see through this smoke. The smoke clouds should turn invisible when within 2 meters of a player (maybe 3 meters? But definitely no more than that). This would create a circle of visibility around a survivor that is roughly 4 meters wide (or 6 meters if you go with 3 instead). If this area of visibility was client side, that'd be pretty sweet. The Scrapper should only be able to throw a smoke bomb once every 30 seconds. The idea of him "reloading" at a scrap pile sounds cool but wouldn't be much fun in reality. He shouldn't have multiple grenades that he can pop one after the other to cover a large area so he would have to "reload" after every grenade toss. I propose he has a machine strapped to his back that creates smoke bombs for him. That way he gets a "cooldown" after throwing a smoke bomb.

Scrapper Perks:

• Vulture- When a survivor dies you take their belongings for upgrades (lore only, you don't actually take their items). First death grants wider FoV. Second death grants 10% faster break actions. Third death grants +10% faster vaults.
  • Deconstructor- Damaged generators regress more and do it (slightly/moderately/considerably) faster. I read that normally they regress 25% over 70 seconds (1% every 2.8 seconds). I'm thinking 35% over (70/60/50) seconds. That's roughly 1% every (2.0/1.7/1.4) seconds. It might not seem like much but I think it'll be effective, especially when using 3-gen strats.
  • That's Mine!- Gain a notification when a survivor opens a chest or picks up an item. Alerts have a 5 second cooldown. Their aura is revealed to you for (12/14/16) seconds.

Scrapper Add-ons:

Common:

• Oil Paint- Smoke clouds cause blindness while inside them and for 15 seconds after leaving the smoke. (Should this be base kit? Probably, but I'm having trouble thinking of add-ons...)
  • Baking Soda- Smoke clouds last 5 seconds longer. (Stacks)
  • Nuts and Bolts- Smoke bomb replicator works faster. Cooldown reduced by 5 seconds. (Stacks)
  • Party Bombs- Smoke clouds are multi-colored, span just 4 meters instead of 12, and dissipate 10 seconds sooner. +100% Deviousness points.

Uncommon:

• Rusty Shell- Makes smoke clouds 4 meters wider. (Stacks)
  • Lab Book- Smoke clouds last 10 seconds longer. (Stacks)
  • Carbon Compound- Smoke makes survivors breathe heavier while inside it and for 15 seconds after leaving it. Normal and Injured breathing is 10% louder. (Stacks)
  • Oiled Gears- Smoke bomb replicator works even faster. Cooldown reduced by 8 seconds. (Stacks)
  • Fireworks Kit- Throw two smoke bombs at once in a "V" formation instead of one. Smoke bombs are 8 meters wide instead of 12. (Can be increased by other add-ons)

Rare:

• Tempered Lens- Increases thermal vision by 4 meters. (Stacks)
  • Chem Set- Smoke clouds last 15 seconds longer. (Stacks)
  • Sulfur Compound- Survivors struggle to breathe in the smoke and for 30 seconds after leaving it. Normal and injured breathing is 20% louder. (Stacks)
  • New Parts- Smoke bomb replicator works extra fast. Cooldown reduced by 12 seconds. (Stacks)
  • Sleeping Gas- Has sleeping gas mixed in with the smoke to make survivors exhausted while in smoke and for 10 seconds after leaving it. (You're exhausted for 10 seconds but cannot recover no matter what while inside smoke. Smoke should reset the timer.)

Very Rare:

• New Goggles- Increases thermal vision by 8 meters. (Stacks)
  • Improvised Shell- Makes smoke clouds 8 meters wider. (Stacks)
  • Industrial Chems- Smoke clouds last 20 seconds longer. (Stacks)
  • Paint Thinner- The smoke is toxic and weakens survivors. Causes the Mangled status effect while in smoke and for 30 seconds after leaving it. (You have the mangled status effect for 30 seconds but smoke will reset the timer.)

Ultra Rare:

• Iridescent Compound- Survivors slowly die from toxic chemicals mixed into the smoke. If a survivor remains in the smoke for 8 seconds, they are injured for one state. (Can down you if you are injured. Should come up as a Poisoned status effect that decays when you leave the smoke. Say a survivor is in smoke for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds out of smoke, the poison is completely gone. But if they enter smoke again while still poisoned, like say 3 seconds are left, then it'll start counting up from there.) *Will likely need some adjustments to make sure it's powerful enough but also not an easy down.*
  • X-ray Goggles- You can now see survivors' auras through objects using your goggles.

Survivor- Alice Davis

**Alice Coachman Davis is a real life Olympic runner. She was the first African American woman to win a gold medal and specialized in the high jump. Not sure if you need permission from anyone to use her likeness in a game since she is deceased. You could change the name to be safe. I just thought this would be a nice way to honor her, plus she perfectly fits the survivor concept.

• Obstacle Expert- Always fast vault when running. Vault windows and pallets (5/10/15)% faster. This includes medium and slow vaults.
  • Olympian- Recover from exhaustion even while running. Recovery speed while running is (40%/50%/60%) of normal recovery speed.
  • Confidence- You leave an easy to follow trail hoping to keep the killer away from your friends. Your scratch marks stay visible (2/3/4) seconds longer than normal. Gain 50% more Boldness points.

Please leave any critiques or suggestions you might have. All feedback is appreciated.

Post edited by Psylent on

Comments

• Psylent

Did some tweaking and organizing. Also gave it a proper survivor concept.

• Amievil
    Amievil Member Posts: 24

A pretty good killer concept. Though, the first perk you described is just a half-cut The Doctor's "Monitor abuse" perk I guess.

About the survivor - the first and the second perks have good ideas within, but too big numbers:

IMHO - more than 10% additional vaulting speed for nothing seems OP. As well as a recover from an exhaustion while running in 60% of normal speed.

The third surv perk is also a good one)

• Psylent

Thanks for the feedback! I agree the Shadowy Presence perk is just half of Monitor & Abuse. I kinda just wanted a stealth focused perk, but I doubt they'll add it. Too many perks reducing TR means any killer can be a stealth killer. That's why it's suggested as an alternative.

About the survivor- These perks really need some testing to find a good balance for them. I based the vault speed on videos of when Wake Up! was bugged and gave 15% increased speed to many things including vaulting. It only seemed a little faster so I figured it'd be alright. The third perk basically just reverts the way exhaustion used to work at one point for the cost of a perk slot. Maybe it should be lowered but I won't know unless I test it. It'd be nice to see how many times a good survivor can deadhard in one chase with the Olympian perk.

• Amievil
    Amievil Member Posts: 24

Oh, for some reason I didn't spot "main" scrapper perks at first...

So, "Vulture" should have stats in level 3 according to level 1 stats of "Bamboozle", "Shadowborn" and "Brutal strength" - 5% faster vaulting, 8 wider FOV, 10% faster breaking actions. Otherwise, this perk will be considerably much powerful, than any of others itself.

"That's mine" according to your desribing is OP either - while "BBQ & chili" reveals auras only for 4 seconds in a range more than 40 m and may be used maximum 11 times per match - this perk, theoretically, may be used infinite amount and reveals auras for a way bigger time.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Nice work, you put a lot of effort into it! I like it. 👍️

• Psylent

You're missing the downsides to these perks though. All the perks that Vulture takes from give their effects all game from the start. To even benefit from Vulture at all, you have either fully sacrifice or mori a survivor. Not just hook, but fully dead. That's why Vulture is stronger since you won't benefit from it during an entire match. You might not even get all benefits every game, like the vaulting since that requires 3 survivors to be dead.

That's Mine could probably be toned down a bit. I thought of it more as a gimmick perk. That being said, there are only 3 chests per trial without offerings and survivors won't always loot them. So this perk won't be showing auras as frequently as BBQ. And BBQ conveniently shows auras when you just finished a chase, where as That's Mine! might go off while you're chasing someone else. Hence why I buffed its aura duration.