Sabotaging Hooks (rework)

Options
w_sohl
w_sohl Member Posts: 124
edited September 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Currently you don't see hooks getting sabotaged very often unless it's part of some daily requirements. Currently you need to 99 a hook and try and trap it as a killer is hooking another survivor. I have yet to see this in any games I've played, killer or survivor. My idea to encourage more sabotaging is allow the hook to be fully sabotaged, but it doesn't fall apart till the killer attempts to hook a survivor. At that point it would be treated like a wiggle free. In order to prevent the hooks from being in a perpetual state of sabotage, once a hook has been sabotaged and the killer has attempted to use it, it cannot be sabotaged again for five minutes. Or, this could be a perk rework and then it would be 5/4/3.

Please leave your opinions, killer and survivor.

Comments

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

Sabotage is very powerful the way it is currently, just not many people do it because it requires planning instead of just being a braindead ez win tactic.

Your rework would turn into just that, a braindead ez win tactic.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

The last time i saw someone sabo a hook was years ago, useless interaction and useless perk. Definitely need a rework

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

What this means is that every killer will be forced to run Agitation, Iron Grip and maybe even Mad Grit since people will be body blocking to get to the basement or be forced to slug

What this new change will do is force the killer to play in the most boring way possible, camp the hooked survivors and generally make everyone have a miserable time

The idea of giving people a free escape and hte killer would have no way of knowing is horrendous

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

the other day i had the daily to sabo hooks. i was playing with my friend, and just to get him to laugh i sabotaged like 5 hooks. if this is how it worked, that would have been even more frustrating to the killer than it already was.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

This is just a really bad idea. Like peantis said, a full squad of survivors running around with Alex's and sabo speed would easily sabo all hooks, and completely destroy the game.

On the upside, Leatherface would become the best killer in the game because he is the best for basement camping, so there is that at least.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited September 2019
    Options

So let me see if I got this right, you want hook that got sabotaged to just stay there until the killer try to use them and then break down and compt as a free escape

I have some criticism

1 ARE YOU ######### INSANE?

2 Don't ever work in game design

You literaly are asking for it to be buff even more than when they used to stay sabotaged all game

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124
    Options

It was just an idea, constructive criticism is appreciated, you don't need to get butt hurt over a thought.