Off meta perks you love?

Options

Title^

For me, it's We'll make it. Forever one of my favourite perks in the game, its potential at tier 3 is HUGE

Comments

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

Shadowborn. It's fun to use sometimes, but hard to fit anywhere on builds due to reliance on certain perks.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    Premonition 
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    Plunderer's Instinct and Kindred are a blast, especially when paired with Open Handed.
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Stake out especially if you’re in Gideon meat plant (aka the game map)
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Bond, open handed, and dead hard.
  • cro0w
    cro0w Member Posts: 27
    Options

Wake Up!

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    For survivors dance with me, technician and stake out.

For Killers Thanatophobia, Huntress and pop goes the weasel
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

Empathy. Why wait for your friends to be hooked to get Altruism points when you can do it the second they’re injured?

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options

Technician, Alert and Wake Up!

• skynight
    skynight Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2018
    Options

Coulrophobia on Freddy. Bond, Kindred and Open Handed on survivor. The more Open Handeds the better! :-D

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I've had a surprising amount of fun with Alert. Its better than I originally thought. I'm also enjoying Small game simply to be a jerk and hunt nothing but traps all game.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Devour Hope, by far, especially fun on Hag and Pig once you get 3 Tokens. 
  • Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Brutal Strength, Botany Knowledge, and (I would really consider it a meta perk) Self-Care, cause it increases Healing Effienciny with a medkit
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

Technician and Alert are amazing perks. Although I would like to see Alert get a small buff to it's range since most of the it is in the killer's terror radius.

• HeroLives
    Options
    popoles said:

Technician, Alert and Wake Up!

I’m currently running a technician, premonition, and alert build. It’s amazing 
  • HeroLives
    Options

Technician and Alert are amazing perks. Although I would like to see Alert get a small buff to it's range since most of the it is in the killer's terror radius.

Same
  • ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Kindred. Is that an off meta perk? Lol, regardless, I always use it.

• BaconMuncher9
    BaconMuncher9 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Surprisingly, Sabatour, Wake Up!, Open Handed, Up the Ante, and a lot more.
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Options
    I use a different build for each survivor, and I almost always use two from that survivor's unique perks. The exception to that rule is Laurie, because I hate being the obsession. I only play her for rituals anyway.

I try to make each build appropriate to the character. Most of them do not have Self Care. (I think Claudette and Jake are the only ones who do.)

So based on that, I use all kinds of non-meta perks.
    We'll Make It is good, I use it on multiple survivors.
    I like Open Handed with Bond. Bond I use on several survivors as well, it's more versatile than Empathy.
    For exhaustion perks, I use them all. In fact the only ones I use SB on are Meg and Jake. Probably my favourite is Dead Hard though.
    Quick and Quiet with Lithe and/or Dance With Me can be fun, especially if you like to just vanish mid-chase. I like to enter a locker with Q&Q out of the killer's sight, then noisily exit and run away with Dance. 9/10 chance the killer checks the locker while you're hiding elsewhere.
    Urban is kind of becoming meta-ish now, but I used it before it was cool.
    Sometimes I bring Sabotage and a sabo toolbox with Jake, but never touch a hook (just because).

I'm looking forward to trying some of the perk buffs from the PTB. I didn't get into many PTB matches, so I didn't have much of a chance to test things out. I actually might start using Deja Vu, as I think that will help with idiot teammates banging out all the gens in a row and leaving us with a 3-gen defense game.
  • Esheon
    Options
    For killer my favourite off-meta perks are probably Devour Hope and Unrelenting. Knock Out is good, Blood Warden is meme-licious, and sometimes i run an all-hex build just because.
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,095
    edited July 2018
    Options

I like making the killer extra tipsy with Boil Over.

One time, I even wiggled free! The killer caught me right after.

Useful perk (sarcasm)

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

@skynight said:
    Coulrophobia on Freddy. Bond, Kindred and Open Handed on survivor. The more Open Handeds the better! :-D

You want healing to be slower in the Dream World, so they can get more skill check chances? M'kay.
    But yeah, maximum Aura Reading is a blast, you feel like an All-Mighty seer.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336
    Options

@HighQualityDonut said:
    Title^

For me, it's We'll make it. Forever one of my favourite perks in the game, its potential at tier 3 is HUGE

Technician.

• TheNormalizer
    TheNormalizer Member Posts: 113
    edited July 2018
    Options

noed, i love salt

• skvirl
    skvirl Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2018
    Options

Small game. I love to fondle totems, yet am too lazy to actively search for them. Also it helps me against trapper, since I always step in his most stupid and obvious traps out in the open. Oh wait, I still step in them, because "ooooh, totem!"

Also I sometimes use kindred, especially after rank reset, because I've died too many times on the first hook due to what I'm going to assume are new survivors crouching around and being too scared to come help....even when the killer is not even remotely near me.

• Esheon
    Options
    skvirl said:

Small game. I love to fondle totems, yet am too lazy to actively search for them. Also it helps me against trapper, since I always step in his most stupid and obvious traps out in the open. Oh wait, I still step in them, because "ooooh, totem!"

Also I sometimes use kindred, especially after rank reset, because I've died too many times on the first hook due to what I'm going to assume are new survivors crouching around and being too scared to come help....even when the killer is not even remotely near me.

Kindred is a nice one, especially for solo survivors (like me).
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

Empathy, lets me know where the killer is chasing a survivor (So I can stay the ######### away LOL)
    Plunderer's Instinct because I am an item hoarder.
    Premonition, really handy against Pigs, Michael Myers, Wraiths (when I don't pay attention), and pretty much any killer rocking Monitor and Abuse. I only use it when playing Meg for some reason though.
    Unbreakable, has saved the game for me many times lol
    Tenacity, just find it fun lol

• Timebomb0800
    Timebomb0800 Member Posts: 80
    Options

Up the antie + slippery meat. Gonna kobe myself off that hook.

• Camophlo
    Camophlo Member Posts: 103
    Options
    Plunderer's Instinct, I love getting items I just hoard and never use
  • AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
    Options

I love bond. It compensates for my poor survivor skills and helps me not sell anyone to the killer.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2018
    Options
    On Survivor:

Urban Evasion (although it's becoming quite meta now)
    Stake Out
    Technician
    Alert
    Spine Chill
    We're Gonna Live Forever
    We'll Make It
    Lightweight
    Dance With Me
    Ace in the Hole
    Plunderer's Instinct

On Killer:

Make Your Choice
    Coulrophobia
    Dying Light
    Remember Me
    M&A
    Overcharge
    Unnerving Presence
    Overwhelming Presence
    Franklin's Demise
    Nurse's Calling (not sure if this is meta now or not)
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Options
    Lithe because I like choosing when to get a speed boost. (Idk if its considered off meta but I rarely see Lithe and Balanced landing so I'm counting it)

Quick and quiet is great for juking and I've even lost many chases accidentally. It can be so confusing for the killer. Plus locker jukes are hilarious. I'm excited to try dance with me with it for some great jukes.

Alert is criminally underrated. It's great for juking and avoiding killers and removes the mindgame from some areas.

Funnily these are all on my current survivor build.
  • Koziiina
    Koziiina Member Posts: 14
    Options

Stakeout. Its great.

• Giddawid
    Giddawid Member Posts: 102
    Options

Devour Hope is still one of my favourites. We'll Make It on the survivor side :)

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hmmmmmmm I guess nothing is cool on survivor (For me)

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Lightweight for survivors, i always liked running around unnoticed.
    Thanatophobia. Currently running it on pig with sloppy butcher and it really synergizes.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    I like hangman's trick on killer and empathy on survivor 
  • Esheon
    edited July 2018
    Options
    On Survivor:

Urban Evasion (although it's becoming quite meta now)
    Stake Out
    Technician
    Alert
    Spine Chill
    We're Gonna Live Forever
    We'll Make It
    Lightweight
    Dance With Me
    Ace in the Hole
    Plunderer's Instinct

On Killer:

Make Your Choice
    Coulrophobia
    Dying Light
    Remember Me
    M&A
    Overcharge
    Unnerving Presence
    Overwhelming Presence
    Franklin's Demise
    Nurse's Calling (not sure if this is meta now or not)
    Three of those killer perks are the current Hag meta (Make Your Choice, A Nurse's Calling, and Monitor & Abuse).

They're far better than most people think.