Does anyone still cash in shards for blood points?

Rex_Huin
Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Via the shrine?

I don't know it doesn't seem worth it now. 2000 shards for 150,000 BP.

You can earn that in 3 killer games with BBQ.

Maybe they should re-think this?

Comments

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

All the time. Is there anything else I could spend my shards on? (I mean anything that makes sense to buy.)

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Some cosmetics make sense. For example a dark coat for Adam (why on earth does he come with a white one I wonder...)

Or my personal favourite the all black Hag which is cheap, scary and good camouflage.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I do, I shouldn't but I do.

With a pudding and BBQ, my spirit games give me something like 70-80k bloodpoints. 2 games = 150k bp.

In order to get 2k shards, you need to play something like 50-55 games. It is a really bad trade but I just can't control myself. It would be better if I tried to get a piece of cosmetic with them.

I just bought adrenaline for 150k bp though so nope, I am gonna continue to buy them.

I also think that the amount of BP you get from the shrine should be higher. 350k for 2k shards and 500k for 2.7k shards would be great. It also might force people to buy bloodpoints with their shards and cosmetics with real money.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905

Oh yes. Quick and easy way to get a bloodpoints boost.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

👏 every 👏 chance 👏 I 👏 get 👏

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

I do unless there is a cosmetic I really want. I try to go for the 2700 shard perks though. 2000 for 150k is lame.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Yes

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

No, I don’t find the amount all that worth it.

I just have them saved if some Killer or Survivor I want comes out, since the cosmetics are so expensive.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Yea too lazy to play more killer so once I hit the required amount for shard I go straight to the shrine

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Hell no, I want my killers for free.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I do, because survivors gain bps too slowly and killer at rank 1 is cancer without ruin

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295

I have saved the most shards yet (still not loads) I have always bought my dlc but out of interest could you let me know how many shards for killer/survivor please?

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I do, only because I have all the killers that I want already and since You don't see cosmetics in game so I don't see the point in buying them personally.

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295

Interesting point about killers. Same price for cosmetics as survivors but as killer only see them at first few seconds of match, so bit of a con really

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

For me personally i never do. I stopped exchanging shards for points when the store came in. I save my shards now for the shrine or buying characters.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

Only for quick BPs during PTBs.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes. Very rarely is there something in the Shrine that could actually be of use to me.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

You don't get to see the full aspect of cosmetics in FPSs either. It's not about seeing yourself look good, it's making sure others know you look good.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I always do. I spend shards to cut down on the grind. I'm fine buying Chapters and Cosmetics I like with money. I know it's designed this way, but takes too long to spend shards on cosmetics and Killers/Survivors. With how many Bloodpoints you need to level up characters, let alone getting Perks and Add-ons you really want/need...rather cut down that timesink

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2019

No. I prefer shards over bp. -.-

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I try to collect as many between each Killer and use those to refresh my points after spending 1 Mil on them. I rarely have more than 8k but if I do have more than 8k before the Killer comes out I just use those points when I need something.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

That’s the only thing I cash them in for. I buy all the chapters with cash, and cosmetics have little meaning to me

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

no.

i want cosmetics, no points.

lets face it, i get between 55 and 64k BP every time i play billy, so i dont rly need those...

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

Yes shards are for shrine only. if I want Cosmetics or new chapters I will buy Auric cells or the chapters directly, but currently I won't spend a dime on the game until they roll out some fixes to certain areas of the game.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

No, the shrine gives you an awful amount of bloodpoints for the amount of shards you're cashing in. Also I'm a sucker for cosmetics. It's my biggest weakness. That's why I try to avoid games that have cosmetics like the plague, especially if they have lootboxes involved...I have a problem with that.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited March 2019

I do. I've got all perks unlocked anyway so don't need them. On the odd occasion I want a cosmetic I'll just buy it with auric cells.

The shrine for me is a way to reduce the grind. I might have all the perks unlocked but I still need to get them on all the killers.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited March 2019

Yes I just use it for BP. I use cash for DLC or skins. I got all the perks I needed from the old shrine when it was 500 shards a pop. Getting all perks all killers and for 4 survivors was a mighty grind and it continues...

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Yuppz

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Don't think I've even considered my shards in months actually. I probably have enough for the new chapter when it drops

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    edited March 2019

If you actually trade 2000 shards for 150,000 bloodpoints than you must play the lottery.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I use dto all the time then I started saving for new cosmetics and characters and now I've got enough to buy both toons and probably some bp in shrine.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

Sometimes but I try not to figuring the fact I don’t think the exchange is worth it. I get impulsive and impatient with leveling though and cave sometimes

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

yes considering I pretty much own every perk now

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Yeah, it's quite a life saver and I'm thankful that BHVR has it.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I did last week. Needed the boost to finish off Billy and Legion, so that I never have to touch them again.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Since I have every perk in the game for killers now and I don't care for the cosmetics I could buy with shards

I absolutely cash them in every time for BP

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Immediately once I get enough I buy bloodpoints from the shrine. I should save them but it’s too tempting to just spend them.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Having currently unlocked all Teachable perks, and since I have the cosmetics I want, I regularly save up at least 8k in shards for when a new chapter comes out. That way I can spend 1 mill BP on the new character + 600k in BP for getting everything in the shrine with shards. I also save up 3 dailies so I have an extra 90K - 180k depending on which rituals I have waiting. All total As soon as the chapter comes out I have 1.7-8 mil BP to spend on the new character(s) of my choosing and give them a good start.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

I spend Shards on BP when i'm super desperate.

But, not usually

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

I mean i've saved up 8000 shards specifically to use for the next chapter. Just so that i can level the new survivors/killer faster. also plan on getting 1mil bp just before it releases to cap out everything. its a completely awful amount of bp for the amount of shards your trading in, but hey until they raise the damn bloodpoint cap :/

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    edited September 2019

I post on whatever thread I want dude

edit: it’s better posting on an old and existing thread then make a new one about the same topic

• GODQueenEvy
    GODQueenEvy Member Posts: 63

I don’t do it. I mostly save them up to for a specific cosmetic (if available with shards).