Camaraderie could become problematic

Options

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Killers once again being over-dramatic about an anti-camp perk. move along, everyone...

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Necessarily the killer could be no I need a hook and I could still very easily just walk by it go work on a gen that's close to the hook and then save the person later.

In fact the timer suddenly being paused is more likely to make a killer come back to the hook than anything else

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

you missed the entire point

If someone camps, and I do, it doesn't matter how long it extends the timer because the other survivors clearly aren't doing gens....they are rushing the hook...which just makes for an extended period of time being camped...

which defeats the purpose of it being an anti-camping perk.

I believe it is meant as a last minute save perk. In which case, 30 sec is WAAAY too long.

• Attackfrog
    Options

Yes, thank you! If I camp and nobody is around, since they are doing gens, the perk doesn't matter and I am dumb for standing around while gens go off like fireworks.

If it's meant as an anti-camp perk, it is very poorly designed.

• Attackfrog
    Options

you can see beyond the face value of the perk and you are absolutely right! This perk will like draw out the camping time.

Timer stops and I am zipping right back to the hook. Hopefully I get there right when they unhook so I get my second hook freebie.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

The perk is still awful. Doesn't make a difference outside of niche scenarios.

• StupidButTru
    StupidButTru Member Posts: 366
    Options

Its well balanced if you camp you get punished severely seems fair

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options
  • StupidButTru
    Options

Then in that case Mind Breaker and Cruel Limits need a nerf too 😊

• Ksoni
    Options

Now let's be serious here. I don't mind if this perk would stop struggle even dor 60 seconds, because it's #########, cruel something and mindbreaker is ######### too.

• StupidButTru
    Options

If it's ######### why does it need a nerf you're losing me here

• Claudette_Baguette
    Options

Just don’t camp. Good killers don’t camp anyway.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

You guys do realize that in order for Camaraderie to trigger you have to be hooked twice, right? Compared to all of the perks we have now, who is really going to pick a perk they'll use once a game over any of the other perks that will help them avoid getting hooked in the first place?

• guimor
    guimor Member Posts: 5
    Options

I don't exactly know, but its 16 for survivor/survivors, even if there is only one survivor near the hook or the entire team, the perk only has a time set for 34sec and not 34+34+34 because of all the survivors... Sorry if I am wrong...

• Attackfrog
    Options

Lol learn to juke, loop, hide and do gens and you won't be camped...

But back to what this topic is about: this isn't an anti camping perk. It's a "save the hook" perk. As such, it's too long and will likely be abused, further strengthening the swf groups.

As an anti-camp perk it will be counterproductive and actually increase camping.

Read the thread, then comment. You'll make more sense.

• KingKobra
    KingKobra Member Posts: 5
    Options

I got a couple ideas for changes to this perk.

1) Change it from 16m to 32m/40m/48m

2) Make it work at any point, not just the struggle phase.

I believe they should only bring in one of these, however if they were to pick the second it should be changed to 24 metres. With either change, it could prevent face camping even better and make it a viable perk even if you aren't going against face campers

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

After 6/7 seconds of being within X range of hooked survivor, show their aura until they leave the range.

• Attackfrog
    Options

if survivors knew to do gens, then yes, the camping killer would be "punished severely".

But if they rush the hook (most survivors do), then the only one who is "punished severely" is the hooked survivor as the killer fights the survivors flocking the hook.

In swf groups, they will take advantage of communication and alternate dipping into the radius to prolong unhook time (which is stated already in this thread)

Again: this is a swf buff and perk that prolongs camping (not punishes ) it

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

It just taxes facecampers imo, in "high level play" the perk isn't actually an issue.

You'll still die on 3 hooks, it really doesn't matter if you die earlier from the timer, its just a bonus at that point.

• Nenkie
    Nenkie Member Posts: 43
    Options

Stop camping.

• Attackfrog
    Options
  • Attackfrog
    Options

Which doesn't actually tax facecampers, but taxes the one on the hook, as you already stated

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

It won’t affect me whether or not I camp, wasted slot imo.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265
    Options

I really only see this as a problem for killers that are camping, or SWF because it's SWF.....And i mean like 4 person SFW. I don't camp though so it doesn't really bother me in the slightest. Only time i'm near the area is if someone decides to either farm their allies or wants to try and run me around the hook someones on like a dummy. I feel bad for the people who have that happen (If they try and farm their teammate i usually down the person who attempted and let the other one off. I'll get them later anyway :P)

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited September 2019
    Options

Yeah. I don’t think Kindred needs to be basekit, but part of the camping punishment should be that any time the chaser emblem is being penalized for camping, the killer aura is shown as well. That seems like a no brainer. It won’t stop them from camping obviously, but it at least let’s everyone know...mainly solo survivors. Seems fair. Of course the killer could camp outside the range, but honestly most hardcore campers aren’t smart enough to realize that anyway.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited September 2019
    Options

Yeah... In a sense its only for the person on the Hook, but if you think about it, it taxes a Face camper wasting time on thirsting for a Kill.

If 4 Survivors stack this in rank 20, the Killer would never win. Which is good, they should take routes outside their comfort zone, and improve upon them.

Camping isn't the end all way to Kill someone or get back at someone you hate, its more satisfying to destroy their team and break their spirits :)

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230
    Options

you guys could just not leave your teammate on the hook getting camped.. i made a video to demonstrate since this seems to be such a hot recurring topic..

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265
    Options

The saying that get's thrown around like crazy that I see both sides flinging at the other really applies to the perk. "Adapt" Walking away is literally a hard counter to the perk. Just don't play overly campy and they basically waste a perk.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

This only works if the killer messes up for some reason. And when you use Borrowed Time. That's really your counter to camping?

I'm curious on your opinion regarding safe window loops that weaker killers simply have to run around three times until the entity blocks them, allowing for no mindgames and no skill. Do you agree with people saying just run Bamboozle?

• chieftaco
    Options

it's your job to make the killer mess up. that will never happen if you stay far away for whatever reason. and yes, that is the actual counter to camping. thank you for asking.

i'm not sure what you're asking in your second question, but to answer what i think you are asking, i think the killer can do whatever they want. if they want to run around the window 3 times, go for it. if they want to run bamboozle, that may save them a loop or 2. if they'd rather go find someone not at a safe zone, that's cool too.

if it's me and i'm at that window, i'll use it a lot. i love LTs. i also let the killer kill me at the end most of the time tho. not many people do. if i'm the killer i'll usually go look for a friend. you don't have to "prove" to a survivor that you can catch them..

it's really about whatever they want to do. i'm good with it regardless. hope that answers it for ya & gets it cleared up.

• Ksoni
    Options

It isn't anti camp perk. If killer camps. This person will be camped a little bit longer.

• GODQueenEvy
    GODQueenEvy Member Posts: 63
    Options

I don’t like gen perks at all. I really think it would be interesting if survivors have to do other objectives then just generators. It will slow down the game, make it more challenging and “fun”. The best example I can give is “The Hallowed Blight” event. Games felt not rushed, it was refreshing for me to do something else other then just gens and get rewarded for it. But that’s my personal opinion. I wish you all a great weekend!!:)

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536
    Options

Easy solution = don't camp. So you can counter BT and Camaraderie.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,671
    Options

If the Doc was 'good,' he'd have stayed in Treatment mode and just mashed M1 as fast as he could (you can grab people in Treatment) at any Unhook attempts, literally guaranteeing a grab and a second Basement hook.

So yeah, you can dance around someone that is not using a 100% GUARANTEED GRAB in the basement...

Figured you'd recognize all this bad play at 5k hours.

>_>;;

• Attackfrog
    Options

I agree with most of what you said but a lot of folks are forgetting that if this is being stacked, it means survivors are pushing the hook, negating any time penalty since no gens are being done. All it results in is a longer camp. And if I'm camping through all this, the time penalty is a non-issue.

Now if it's coordinated swf tripping it, the killer is most likely gonna get hosed anyway so better off to camp.down the one and take the 1k. You can't camp against swf and expect more than 1k. And im your camping to get a last minute hook, then I'm already beat, again making the time penalty negligible.

I really don't think this is a very good anti-aging perk. I think it will serve a better purpose against non camping killers to grab that last minute save.

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100
    Options

Lmao so basically run at the hook with BT? That won't work against a good killer. Doc shoulda been in treatment mode; and honestly facecamping is inferior to proxy camping unless things are super desperate. Proxy camping you can injure people before they even reach the hook, preventing this type of play.

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100
    Options

Lmao so basically run at the hook with BT? That won't work against a good killer. Doc shoulda been in treatment mode; and honestly facecamping is inferior to proxy camping unless things are super desperate. Proxy camping you can injure people before they even reach the hook, preventing this type of play.

• chieftaco
    Options

i'm not sure where your joke comes in..

a lot of people assume every killer they load into a match with is the sweatiest of the sweaty.. fact is most killers don't have much of a clue.

were there mistakes made by the killer in the video? yes. the video is intended to show that even ol' zappy tappy is easy enough to best so get in there and get some experience learning how. for your reference, this particular doctor was rank 5, not rank 20.

i assume that most people who legitimately complain about camping are closer to rank 15 than 5, where there would be even more mistakes made. lower rank players who don't save people are cemented in the mindset that is just wrong & boring & there's no helping them..

surprisingly nobody's brought it up, but this can even be done successfully against 1 hit down killers such as hillbilly & leather face, with practice of course, and once you start pulling off clutch saves, the game will change into something completely different and way better than the old hide-and-seek stuff.

• Raccoon
    Options

The "Joke" is that in Treatment Mode, the rescue that you made vs Doctor is 100% impossible. Literally 100%. If they ride your back mashing M1 - in this scenario, the Doctor is guarenteed a ZERO HIT DOWN (grab). You then proceeded to use this very, very poor example as the crux of your argument, going so far as to post a video of this Doctor. Without knowing/doing this (I'm imagining it was the former), this Doctor is throwing the game, whether intentionally or not.

• chieftaco
    Options

if you're a chump with a basement macro vs actually trying to play the game normally, i don't mind riding the hook out with that guy cuz you're a sad sack who apparently needs a hook/pip more than i do..

in reality tho, as much as you are trying to make your point, i have been making clutch saves for years now and the scenario you describe happens in maybe 1 out of 15+ attempts. this is not a reason worth discouraging people from attempting to play the game over.

also notice how i'm avoiding the doctor being behind me as much as possible? i'm trying to force him to swing. if he does hit that button and it isn't a guaranteed pull, no matter what happens i just won. his macro would cause him to swing, hit something, and recover, providing me the time i needed to unhook.

also notice i was very generously rewarded with 2 WGLF stacks, that's right, an additional 50% total score bonus, making it more than worth my time to take a chance and see if i can best him.

you say this doctor was too dumb to play or was intentionally throwing the game or whatever, but to you i say if your point was true, if Doctor was a "no-can-defend" hook guardian, we'd probably see a lot more of him in lower ranks than we do.

just because you like a killer or think you have some super sweet killer kung fu doesn't mean you've been around the block enough to know yet.

• Raccoon
    Options

You don't need to be a "chump with a basement macro."

You can casually press M1 at a 1-2 clicks per second rate and do this.

You're talking about him swinging and missing with a macro - There is no swinging in Treatment Mode.

You're literally writing walls of text without even understanding the technique that is being discussed.

"just because you like a killer or think you have some super sweet killer kung fu doesn't mean you've been around the block enough to know yet." - Profound Sadness

• chieftaco
    Options

i'm not trying to be specific to doctor, only to a killer camping.

if you're "emulating" a "chump with a macro" by just clicking the button all crazy like as if you had a macro, you're still a "chump with a macro".. just saying..

again, none of what you're saying changes the fact that i do this all of the time and i very rarely get pulled off..

the point is it can easily be done, and it works with a very high success rate. never was it ever said that it would work 100% of the time.

• Raccoon
    Options

Yes/No - Binary question:

Do you realize that if the Doctor was in treatment mode, that is a 100% impossible save?

• chieftaco
    Options

yes/no binary question first:

do you realize in the video that the doctor was in treatment mode? lul

what is your goal/glitch here friend?

• Raccoon
    Options

Weird.

Looks like he switched to Punishment Mode when you went into the basement, particularly when your madness stops building and you are near the hook, what with his hand not being raised and there being no electrical field.

Are you sure you know what I am talking about? Can you please explain what you think I am referring to (serious question)? I'd be more than happy to go in-depth if you don't.

• chieftaco
    Options

you are only proving my point. you say, had the doctor just mashed the hell outta m1 in treatment mode, he wins, 100% of the time. i say (for the record) you're 100% wrong.

when i go down there, he's in treatment mode. he attempts to shock me. everyone knows, if he just shocks me, he gets a free hit when i can't unhook. that's why people aren't fans of doctors. instead, for some reason, he switches to punishment mode. to me i don't really care what mode he's in, because the issue in the moment isn't about him, it's about the guy on the hook needing to come down.. i could care less what mode he's in.

i need to make him make a mistake. per your own words / analysis i've already caused him to make a mistake by leaving treatment mode. he attempts to get behind me for the grab, but he can not. my back doesn't turn to him. after a while, he switches back to treatment mode to attempt the zappy-tap, giving me the opportunity to unhook the survivor without even taking damage.

again, rank 5, not brand new. full build you would expect on a doctor in lower ranks, not brand new. he made mistakes, i capitalized on them. that's the name of the game. if i'm somewhere far away rushing objectives trying to "punish" the guy, which do you think effects him as a person more?

This discussion has been closed.