As a killer do you punish toxicness or ignore it?

Shaped
Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Punishing feels too good sometimes and it is probably a bad idea because it feeds weaknesses of your personality. I am guilty of doing it.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Ignore it

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

If I see other survivors farming another, I leave that person be and go for the others. If it's teabagging or flashlight clicking, I ignore it.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited September 2019

Ignore it. Most of the toxicity talked about is just people that tbag and want chased following you around. I'd rather let them be that way as the tbaggers get cocky and the followers aren't on gens.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Usually ignore it, though if I know I am already losing, I figure I may as well.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Toxicity is the only thing that bothers me in the game as it just kills the fun atmosphere and all

And I'm not just talking about toxicity directed towards me. If people intend to hook farm, sandbag, or just be pricks to their team (Allowance will be given if they are Evil Dwight)

Those guys are dead as heck. I gave up one game just to chase down a laggy P3 Claudette who unhooked a dwight right in my face, camp, and bm the heck out of her on the hook

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Trying to punish it can lose you games, you're better of to try and ignore it if possible.

The only real toxicity I try to punish is sand-bagging survivors and those that save their fellow survivors right up in my face because both of those things are extremely frustrating to experience as a survivor..

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I'm ignoring it. It's pointless to waste energy for toxism.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Yeah I don't throw the game and I ignore them if there is stuff to do but I punish them when the situation is in my favor.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I don't. But only because toxicity for me is breaking the rules. Like cheating.

My opinion people, calm down.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

I only play dirty when a SWF group thinks they are going to face roll me and are just being a bag of ----s. Toxic solos, dont care, toxic duos, still dont care . I hope they are having fun .. HOWEVER A 4man SWF thinking they are going to "bully the killer" I make my mission to get two disconnects and 2 kills.

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

it Can be hard to ignore sometimes. I’m usually in favor of punishing

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Mostly ignore because i punishing usually translates into a poor scoring game. If its already a lost game and/or multiple are being toxic or using exploits I'll "punish". They usually dc anyways while on the hook.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I punish it.

Why? Because I'm playing a slasher genre "killing machine," and if you taunt the killer you get punished.

But it can lose the match?

I don't care. I play games with clear win conditions to win, like Overwatch or a MOBA or what have you. In Dead by Daylight, I just play for my slasher horror fandom and sometimes to play one of my favorite 80s horror icons. Nothing more.

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230

i punish it as well..

if that's a game the survivors want to play i'm down. i will either tunnel and destroy the most toxic one quickly, or if they can actually back up their attitudes with game play, i will commit to them for the entire match and ignore all others because maybe this guy knows something i don't know yet.. i'm trying to learn..

as a side effect, ignoring the other 3 members of a team guarantees depips for everyone :)

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Firstly I don't really consider in-game actions that aren't straight up cheating or sandbagging to be "toxic", but I understand what people usually mean by it (tbagging, sandbagging, all of that) and will answer based on that.

If they're doing it while I'm chasing them I don't really care. At worst it changes nothing, at best it makes them actually gain less distance if they're too obsessed with whatever they're doing or pointlessly blind me at pallets without even having Iron Will. If I'm not chasing them and they're trying to make me go for them instead I just ignore it. If they're smart they'll give up and go do something useful, and if they want to follow me around all game that works for me, less work being done that way. This is why a team with 4 flashlights all trying to use them is the best gen stalling "perk" in the game 😄

I guess I punish people farming their fellow survivors, as I usually go for the unhooker anyway. And serious sandbagging like pointing at occupied lockers or blocking others will earn them a prompt smack because I'm taking part in that #########. I also punish hard/"face"campers as I actually go to do gens for free once I realize that's what's up.

• OGOzSnowChimp
    OGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247

I punish it. I don't care about my rank so when I throw a game it's not a concern if I depip or lose rank.

When a survivor wants to play silly games I happily turn them into a victim.

T bag... you become my victim...

Flick that light... you become my victim...

Run to your team mates and stop just beyond them... you become my victim...

They obviously want the special attention and who am I to deny them their fun?

• dist0rt
    dist0rt Member Posts: 32

Sometimes I punish it pretty hard. All depends on how the game is going and other factors. I won't lose a game I was winning just to try and out toxic someone tho.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

I take advantage of it. Farming your friends? Free kill. Following me with a flashlight and spamming it? One less person on gens and when I eventually Franklins it out of your hand it's gonna break. Nice one Nea. Tbagging? Well, you'd get a bigger head start if you weren't being so silly

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
  • KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Ignore it, you'll just throw the game by focusing on one person. Then they got their real motive down because they made you lose and can get the last laugh.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

I mean if they are hurting themselfs to be toxic I'll use it against them but otherwise I just ignore it, all that sort of stuff is childish.

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132

I only punish those who sandbag, and who continuously flashlight me when I'm picking someone up or as I'm breaking a pallet

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I ignore it. IE i wont burst a blood vessel trying to kill someone however i will BM right back. Mori spam, head nod etc. Trying to punish it via camping or tunneling though is a good way to lose the game. Best to just play normal. Higher chance of coming out on top.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Ignore it. There's always another match. Punishing it won't do anything about it but reward you with a false victory.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Ignore it because it doesn't matter to me. No reason to get all mad at a survivor for pressing crouch all the time.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Most of the time, I will try and ignore it. Better for your sanity imo.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

The only thing I punish is the team mates that do nothing as a solo I see it alot I hate it the most. I ignore the people that are so desprate for attention because they make dumb mistakes when you do lmao 🐖

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Just ignore, pusnishing this by camping will be a huge punish for you by gen rush.

• Darkskies

Still rocking the Legion mad respect dude most peeps went over to ghost face 😑 I miss vrs legions so much 💕🐖

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904
    edited September 2019

Depends how toxic. I don't care about teabagging and petty crap like that, but if I see someone deliberately sandbag another survivor e.g. farm them off hook or body block them at pallets etc then they will be punished.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

The only time I actively try and punish toxicity is when they sandbag their fellow survivors on purpose.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Depends on the toxicity. Ill usually tunnel somebody that sandbags other survivors, or farms others.

teabagging, OoO, and flashlight clicking though? I ignore it, if theyre confident enough to be chased ill wait until theyre in a terrible area.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Punish it, but by slugging for the 4k. I have to much going on in a match to camp or tunnel them.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

I usually ignore it. It reallllyyyyyy depends on how hard they're trying to be toxic though.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,359

Had a game where a Claudette tried selling out her teammate who was hiding, probably in an attempt to get THEM killed so she could get hatch. At that point...i didnt care if her teammate got hatch...I just made damn sure she didnt.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I personally think that Legion>GhostFace...

*raises shield*

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

In my experience playing survivor, being toxic will increase the chance that the killer either ignores you or tunnels you hard.

Sometimes I like to try to tbag the killer early on because if I can get them to tunnel me I know I can probably run for longer than most of my teammates could. If they ignore me oh well I can just focus on gens without worrying about the killer.

• Darkskies

Aw good on you on console Legion is dead its very sad but then again its just spirit on the daily over here I just miss Legion so much such a cool design tbh could easily be tweaked just gotta reward the multi hits and boom he's got power unlike now... Sorry he she what ever... 🐖

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

If they're farming , I punish the unhooker..they sabi my hooks..well..they die

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited September 2019

Deep Wound is just a garbage status effect.

If it was actually somewhat threatening, it would be a fair Legion Buff/BT Nerf.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Depends. If I meet a SUPER toxic survivor, I will hardcore tunnel them. That means if I'm chasing an injured guy and suddenly I find you, MoM and all, you bet your ass I'm coming for you instead. I tend to end chases rather quickly so I can spare the time.

If you're being Omega toxic and I have good pressure going, I WILL facecamp for an entire hook state.

What's toxic to me? Flashlight clicking, sandbagging, and flashlighting after every pallet. Tbagging usually only nets you a nice spicy tunnel.