Every game is a 4k

10/10 games I've played tonight have been 4k's. Are we just suppose to run SWF groups every-time we play this game? I get it's not easy for killers when its SWF with toolboxes, but even then 2 on average escape...

I just got done with a match where I loop this kid for 4+ min and watch no gens get done.. It's so common to see no gens get done and nobody pop ruin for that amount of time in high ranks.

This is far from the average the devs were aiming for, and I'm not gonna be surprised to see a majority of the newer players that come in for the new patch insta-quit. Am I the only one seeing these averages? I can't carry any harder, im always on top of the board in BP... Should I just escape thorough hatch every game and let my teammates die?

I want to play survivor when not in groups, but it's so demoralizing watching my team get destroyed every game. I feel forced to play killer while nobody is on, I could do terrible versus a SWF and wind up with the same amount of BP as a good game on survivor. It's actually kinda troll.

Comments

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

The reason might be that the matchmaking is screwed at the moment, do you check ranks at the end of the match?

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

yeah, most of the time I am the highest rank in the lobby, but it's rarely by much. There was only one game where I had a level 20 on my team... Poor guy, idk what the matchmaking was thinking.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

Cant really say its about the killer being too strong if your team was unable to do ANY gens after not having any pressure put on them for 4+ minutes. Sounds like you get paired with either ppl too busy looking EVERYWHERE for ruin or ppl too scared to do anything if the killer is on the same side of the map as them.

• Regionlock

idk, probably I'm just very unlucky with matchmaking. I'm rank 8, but I've only maxed one character and it was claudette. I don't have DS or borrowed time yet to go above and beyond yet to help the team. Maybe things will change for me when I get those two perks.

• LordGlint

Those perks arnt gonna get your teammates on the gens. If you had actually killed that much of the killer's time, the game SHOULDVE pretty much been over. Instead of seeing the LAST gen pop though, you said you didnt even see 1 gen pop.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Sometimes you'll get a streak of really bad games. Like on Monday I don't know what it was but I had about 8 games in a row where the entire team just got demolished. But lately I've been doing good again and escaping a lot of games. It goes back and forth like that sometimes.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I usually get 3 kills. The 4th usually escapes, majority by hatch.

• Regionlock

That's true, but there were some games where we got down to 1/2 gen, and from what I saw could of delayed more for them iin those at least.

I mean if the killer is good I'm not angry if he is destroying my team, but the majority of the killers I faced were at best average. I might as well spend my time looking for the killer and trying to get him to chase me all game to prevent my team from all being insta hooked.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

escape rate was below 40% time ago, when DS and before EGC. So, now I'm sure it's about 25-25%. Lot of killers cry because of SWF, so I suppose the found them 2 of 5 games and with an escape rate of 3-4. This is below an 8% of escapes for solo survivors.

Devs can end with this kind of comments publishing statistics, but I think they don't do it because this a killer forum, and can be very disappointment for them

• prayer_survivor

And that's because you play fair and don't slug the 3rd man

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Even the killer player say this:

Survivor should not have so much information about the killer perks.

Survivor should have much information about other survivor.

DbD should be a teamgame.

You cant balance the gameplay around solo players.

• prayer_survivor

No, you must balance the game so everybody have fun

• Regionlock

This is all I want as well. I didn't simply make a post because of one bad game.. I'm very critical of my gameplay and blamed myself all the way up to about match 9 of the night. The numbers that I experienced don't lie tho, and I'ts very bad in general for solo queue survivors.

Even after making this post I thought It was just me sucking/unlucky and I went on to some streams to check what others experience, but it was basically the same.. I watched ANGRYPUG on twitch have a bad game on survivor and proceed to 4k basically every game with leatherface... You heard that right, not billy, but leatherface..

If you guys think im making this stuff up go look at the vods. It's basically every solo queue players experience from the looks of it. I might as well record a few clips next time I play and post them here with SC when I have time for a long session again. Who knows it might just be around these times that it's this bad.

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100

Leatherface isn't even that bad. He still has a 1-shot. There are a few combo's on him that make him super scary; either play with your food or spirit fury / enduring let you get basically free chainsaws. Instasaw leatherface is strong, and beast markings leatherface is also very strong. The chili add-ons do literally nothing which is a shame considering their rarity.

As for solo Q survivor, I always recommend running selfish perks. I have watched some streamers escape 20+ times in a row; with like 15 of those games being hatch games. You need to assess early if you think your team can even make it to the endgame; if people are dropping like flies it is best to just let them die and wait for the hatch.

An amazing perk is wake up, since while running it you don't even need to find the hatch. Let the killer find the hatch and just stand on an exit gate, the second it gets closed start to open it.

I also highly recommend spine chill, the amount of information it gives is invaluable for staying alive longer than your team. When I am playing killer I also tend to find that spine chill users are the ones alive at the end, after all your typical meta DS / Adrenaline / BT users have been sacrificed.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

You must be pretty terrible at the game if you can't escape 50:50, unless you're playing sweaty nurses in the red ranks then you just gotta look in the mirror and realize that if you can't escape when there are 3-4 see through jungle gyms, a building, a killer shack, and tons of safe/non-mindgame-for-the-killer pallets, then I don't know what else the devs can do besides increase the pallets on each map from an incredibly high amount, to a ridiculous amount.

There are so many maps that you can throw the pallet down immediately and run the killer for 5 gens... I really don't get how you can't survive, lol. I have ran M1 killers for 5 gens without even looping on numerous maps. There are so many busted map combos that exist, and unless you're playing against a really good nurse, or a really good huntress then you gotta practice more and get out of yellow/grey ranks.

• Regionlock
    edited September 2019

Did you even bother to read any of the posts or just the tittle? lol

I barely started playing the game and I'm rank 8, and yeah, I do abuse some of the broken hard loops. I do agree, I could of escaped though the hatch a few times, but the majority of the time I try to be the hero. I will continue to do so as well because I'm not trying to get higher in rank anyways as my group of friends will just have to face more difficult killers. I don't even know why people bother posting when every response is met with a "GET-GUD KID" Thanks for being that guy.

Quick edit: Quotes from this guy: I just started camping them super hard. I rev my chainsaw by them near the hook and people for some odd reason don't get the message and try rescuing them in my face. Easy 4K, I should start just camping like an a-hole more often.

Top tier gameplay

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

Exact the same thing by me. I got really (sorry for that word) stupid mates that make ######### stupid desicions and kill the whole damn team with this.I play solo too btw and got games like this at 9/10 Time's.Dosen't matter which rank.It really destroy's the fun about Survivor.I thinking about to get forced to play Killer too.

• Regionlock

Someone mentioned knowing other survivors perks on your team and I thought that was a decent suggestion. Idk, what needs to be done exactly, but from what I saw plenty of other people having a terrible experience solo queuing as well.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I think some people especially in the high ranks are a bit tired of doing gens, simply because this task is not exciting. So it can happen that you run the killer for quite some time while nobody is doing gens.

That being said, I also have good matches with random teammates. It really depends. If you want to make sure that everybody works properly, then yes, you have to play SWF.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

unsure if thats just bait or a new player...

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

It's weird. At least on the PTB, all of my Killer games have been 4k's but all of my Survivor games have been 0k's

• BananaTiger
    BananaTiger Member Posts: 15

You get noobs and it will screw everything, but if you just play relatively selfishly it won't be a 4ks. Game is already way more difficult for killers, playing survivor even at r1 is easy mode

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Sorry you've been getting matched with lousy survivors. But believe me, you'll know when you get matched with competent survivors.

• LordGlint

Thats typically how Angrypug's leatherface games go, lol. He does alot of insidious camping, and even if ppl SEE him, they still wanna go for the rescue. Might sound like a dumb idea, but fixing generators is boring. Theres no feeling of accomplishment from fixing 5 gens after not having any interaction with the killer at all, which is another reason why ppl get frusterated from insidious camping Bubbas. They just waited on a game to start, only to not actually get to play the game. Its either be the guy whos getting camped and stay put on a hook for 2 minutes...or be one of the ppl fixing gens and leaving...neither role is at all fun.

• LordGlint

Alot of that is just cuz matchmaking is busted. Competent killers need 4 competent survivors to go against for the game to be even. If your a red rank killer, but the survivors rankings look like a rainbow... expect a 4k. The same could be said the other way around with a single red rank survivor carrying a team against a yellow or green rank killer.

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132

When playing solo, I am very selfish, I rescue my teammates and that's about it. I use perks that help me and me only. I'm so selfish that I use deliverance

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I'm not in red ranks rn for Killer so no surprise there.

But I'm not a very good Survivor either. I can hit skill checks but I know I can't loop a decent Killer, yet I escape nearly every time anyways.

I'm not even running second chance perks. I'm using a medic build.

• LordGlint

I just know the survivors going against me have been all over the place. I remember having a game last week where i went against 3 rank 15s, and a very irritated rank 3 who didnt know WHY he got paired with them against rank 1 me.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I understand where you're coming from. The same thing happens to me (I am at rank 1). I mostly just play SWF nowadays.