2»

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I agree with this. Then it becomes a matter of slowly reducing that buff the obsession gets by getting tokens.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I'm pretty sure it was always like that. I recall being the obsession and seeing that I was able to unhook people faster.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

To keep "Dying Light" up you can maybe save the best for last.

Ha

Haha

Ha...

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

New Dying Light seems pretty garbage.

I get the old version encouraged unfun gameplay but the new version's values just suck. Way too hard to get a reasonable amount of slowdown.

The fact the Obsession HAS TO BE ALIVE + Isn't even affected by the slowdown is a big joke. It's the proposed Remember Me Nerf all over again where to solve the "Killer tunnels the Remember Me to death so he can't get the door" problem, instead of simply making the Obsession affected by the slow gates, (thus eliminating the reason to murder them out of the game) they wanted killing the obsession to remove half your Remember Me tokens turning it into a "Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't" situation.

Here! I'll show you!

It's the same exact issue, just replace hitting the obsession a bunch of times with hooking non-obsessions, opening the doors with doing literally everything (especially healing) and relatively fast with at normal speed. (Healing even faster)

It is true is synergizes with Myers other perks and it'd be fun to run in the STBFL, PWYF, New Dying Light, and Rancor "One Punch Man Build" but besides those novelty builds it's just...meh.

Old Dying Light was unfun as heck for the obsession (And maybe everyone else. I ran it as part of a Doctor 3-gen build) but I always brought a Mori as a form of euthanasia of sorts. Sure being tunnel Mori'd sucks but it's over quick. New Dying Light is going to promote slugging the obsession with Knock Out so they can't do gens or make themselves die on the hook and OOPS! He did a Tactical DC and shut your Dying Light off. Great!

I'd simply have the obsession affected by the action speed penalty and it'd solve a majority of the problem. Maybe if the obsession gave stacks too, and once he dies, similar to STBFL the stacks are "Locked in" and you can't get anymore. Perk would still discourage tunneling the obsession to death, (Since you can't get any more stacks) but won't lead to a Morton's Fork where not focusing on the obsession results in them doing everything at normal speed, (Faster for healing) and focusing on the obsession results in EVERYONE doing everything at normal speed. It'd also eliminate tryhard obsessions DCing once they realize you're not going to let them die.

• ShyN3ko
    Options

I pretty much agree with you.

As killer you get punished for everything, if you run the new dying light.

And you can see, how I would fix dying light(discussion)

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Where is the disadvantage on DS obsession/non obsession ?

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options

Do I understand that perk right?

I need to hook every survivor twice and slug the obsession to get 18% action speed reduction?

I rather kill a survivor and start the death spiral. Slugging the obsession is such a fun gameplay...

It basically incentives to go after the unhooked...

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

The reason it's dumb is the max number of hooks you can get on the none obsession is 9, but that only leaves the obsession alive so its affecting no one. If you want maximum effectiveness, you hook everyone but the obsession twice, and then they're all affected by an 18% speed reduction, but the reason it's so bad is it's only for a tiny proportion of the game. I like the new concept but it's far too weak

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

too low numbers, obsession unaffected, obsession still gets that unique bonus (which other killer perks do buff a survivor anyways?)

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230
    Options

based on my experience in dead by daylight, i would imagine some bozo is gonna add not saving the obsession from the hook to the new dbd meta just to make sure the killer can't get dying light stacks..

just sayin..

• ShyN3ko
    Options

This is the exact problem.

The perk effect will get bigger, but it will be useless,too.

The new Dying Light punish every time the killer player.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

You probably won't see this, but Almo, have you tried a system in which the higher debuff of the same type will take priority instead of stacking?

To make what I said more clear, let's say the killer used both Coulaphobia and Sloppy Butcher.

Sloppy Butcher gives a 20% healing speed penalty towards survivors, and Coulaphobia gives a 50% healing speed penalty towards survivors within your terror radius. Now, let's assume the survivor is affected by both Sloppy Butcher and Coulaphobia simultaneously. Instead of the survivor suffering a 70% healing penalty, they will instead suffer a 50% healing penalty because 50% is greater than 20%.

This could allow you, the developers, to buff all slow down perks as they no longer stack. Only the highest debuff will take effect, and won't stack with the lower debuffs.

I really think I'm on to something here.

@Peanits @Gay Myers (Luzi) @MandyTalk @Rizzo90

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

I have seen several threads of people saying how good it is. So the jury is still out on this one.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

I only see this being a real benefit for killers that can or try to incapacitate the obsession. By the time you get any real penalty against them one of the survivors will be dead or close to it and the obsession only benefits from the perk.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Understandable, but why keep the healing increase? I personally think it's a bit much for the obsession to not only heal faster but be completely immune from the negative effects of the perk.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Well..I'm not gonna lie that very discouraging..because this usually means itll be months before even mentioned..and an alternative to ruin would be nice -_-

• ShyN3ko
    edited September 2019
    Options

@Almo

I can understand that.

M1 on the gen is rly unfun.

So Thana and Dying Light with good numbers could be unfun perks for the survivor.

But on the killer side, there are just 2-3 perks for slowing the game down.

PGTW,Ruin and Sloppy Butcher/Clownphobia.

I would rly like this change

@NMCKE

have you tried a system in which the higher debuff of the same type will take priority instead of stacking?

You could buff Thana, 4%->6%.

Dying Light is difficult.

On the survivor side, its only a little debuff with a good healing buff.

On the killer side, its just punish the killer everytime.

Obsession alive?PUNISH!

Obsession dead?PUNISH!

Obsession last person?PUNISH!

My version would reward the killer:

You become obsessed with one survivor. Your obsession gains a 30% action speed bonus to healing. Each time you hook a Survivor , if the Obsession is alive, gain a token. All Survivors get a 3%/4%/5% penalty to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed for each token. You can earn up to 6 Tokens.

The Obsession lose the increased healing speed, if the killer get 6 tokens.

But it would be too strong with Thana/Sloppy Butcher.

But with the prority change, I could use all 3 perks.

Sloppy Butcher for early game.

Thana for mid game.

Dying Light for late game.

Or maybe Thana only affect healing and Dying Light affect only repair speed.

This are just ideas, but the current Dying Light is just bad designed and

shouldnt go live.

I hope my opinion is a little help.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

If the higher debuff affected the survivor instead of stacking together, then Thanatopobia, Sloppy Butcher, and Dying Light combo wouldn't be OP because they can't stack.

However, yes, if we took my idea, the developers can go crazy! :)

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited September 2019
    Options

and the 1000 threads where ppl complain every single day about the gen speed and too fast games are getting ignored. this is getting out of hand and still u dont do ######### about it because you care more about the one side. disgusting

• Almo
    Options

It comes from here, the We'll Make It perk.

"Helping others heightens your morale.

For each Survivor you rescue from a Hook, gain an additional 100% speed increase to healing up others for 30/60/90 seconds.

Cumulative Healing Speed bonuses cannot exceed 100%."

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

I don't think dealing with Adrenaline is fun but you guys aren't rushing to do anything about that are you?

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited September 2019
    Options

its fun for survivors. who cares about the bot who plays killer anyways.

• Almo
    Options

It's always a matter of priorities. We have a lot of other stuff we're working on, and adding something here pushes something out there. We are aware that some people are unhappy about the state of Adrenaline; it's not being ignored.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,140
    Options

I like dying light a lot, I'm just slightly concerned about free 33% healing speed increase+ignore debuff. It might hurt the killer more than help it. Other than that, I think new design of dying light is much superior then old design. The old design made dying light a "win" more perk because once you kill single player, the game is a lot easier so much so that action speed decrease is overkill. The new perk encourages you to not tunnel/slug and focuses more on winning chases which progressively will put the odds in your favor. It's more healthy design in my opinion, I just hope it doesn't hurt you more than help you.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Unless the first person you chase is good at looping and the rest are hitting greats it's not going to happen in every match but some matches it will

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options
  • ignoredprayers
    ignoredprayers Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2019
    Options

I'm thinking it will be decent on Freddy

Red Paint Brush + Jump rope = Obsession has permanent considerable action speed decrease, you can basically leave them alone or slug them, basically ensure you don't kill them

Couple it in with things like ruin, thana, pop and you have a really nasty looking slow-down build

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

So can someone please explain why obsession still get buff anyway?

• Almo
    Options

Game slowing is considered powerful, so we kept that part. We'll monitor its performance and make adjustments if necessary.