Chase music is too high i can't track

Options

Seriously this is one of most annoying for me thing right now, i play on console,i have to deal inconsistent fps, and lower sensitivity yet, now also this.. please change it

Comments

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Agreed

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    Options

agreed

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

rip T.T

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

We desperately need a volume slider, or even low/mid/high settings.

They finally fixed chase music before but it only lasted a couple of weeks and was changed back to a louder volume. It's such a shame that the game promotes audio as an aspect to the game while also have such terrible audio issues like the chase music for tracking.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Not just on console, even with my insane 100€ headset I have problems to track survivors because the ######### chase music is covering every sound in this game next to screams.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Agreed.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

Wasn't it already turned down some not so long ago? Anyway I don't agree as the chase music doesn't bother me much.

• Rie
    Rie Member Posts: 86
    Options

I think it's too loud too. Love the demogorgon bc of this, it's such a refreshing change to actually be able to hear something during a chase.

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132
    Options

Isn't there a way to turn it down?

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

It's because of

Balance

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

I dont have problems but when i play spirit its a little bit boring

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

Maybe we add individual killer volumes. Spirit and Nurse would have a different volume than Trapper for example.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

It would be the other way around in my opinion

The m1 killers should have quieter themes and characters like Nurse and Spirit should have loud ones

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

When phasing spirit already has no music. Its so much easier to track

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Yes agreed, let us adjust the chase volume. So cool when you lose a blendette in a jungle gym because you feel like you're at the circus

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

Everyone here is literally talking about footsteps. Stridor is helpful and I do use it quite frequently especially on spirit. Go ahead and tell me how that's wrong too.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options

I sincerely despise the chase music on both sides. I can't use my ears to dictate killer location as surv any better than I can to dictate survivor location as killer. It's ridiculous.

New Demogorgon main inbound partially just because his chase music is good for both sides

• Bloodlust_Gamer69
    Bloodlust_Gamer69 Member Posts: 167
    Options

Da fuc

Iron Will is in the top 10 perks lmao

It is great at SOMETHING ELSE than running in circles. Try a different playstile.

I bet you complain a bout spirit too.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2019
    Options

I wouldn't be surprised if Survivors complained that Killers were having an easier time tracking them during a chase, which led to chase music volume being increased a couple of patches later. We really need a sound slider. Console Killers already have it bad enough with the lower FPS and sensitivity.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

The loud chase music is awful. Way, way too loud. I can't hear anything over it. It was nice when for a couple weeks chase music was lower and I could actually hear things, but then suddenly it went back to being ear-blasting and has stayed that way since.

Adding loud music to a game is not how you balance it. Make sounds the correct volume, and then let players adjust the volume of the in-game music. Chase music shouldn't cause deafness to cover up sounds that are too loud. I mean, I assume that's why the chase music is so loud with no volume-slider option. I've played other games that include stealth and they let players completely turn off the music; they don't force players to go deaf from it just to cover up the enemy's sounds. If you'd rather hear footsteps than music, that's cool with them, it's the player's choice.

This is a huge problem. When the chase music went back to being too loud, I started playing just one match a day as survivor and killer to do the dailies, that's it. When you add the loud chase music to all the other problems with the game on the PS4, it's just not worth putting time into.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102
    Options

And even as a horror game having deafningly loud music is almost counter intuitive to the point of it being a horror game, since once that music starts playing it isn't scary, since you loose the ability to sense the small details about the game, something that I thought was great.

Seems kinda like they wanted to meme on the sound development team and just add this so nobody could hear them footsteps they worked hard on.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

I read this and immediately imagined them replacing the chase music with "Never gonna give you up"

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102
    Options

I am going to throw a tantrum if that isn't there on April 1st.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

If ppl can replace character pictures and perk icons with custom variants, why cant we replace the chase music with this, lol.

• camp3r_tunn3l3r
    camp3r_tunn3l3r Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2019
    Options

I agree 100%. I'm a spirit main and the loud music is sometimes a hindrance in my tracking senses

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316
    edited September 2019
    Options

yeah, while were at please make survivor grunts louder because nobody uses a decent headset in 2019. My movement as a killer is much slower and I have no gap closers, I need more help please dev. Ty

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275
    Options

Top 10 perks means little to nothing in this game when the overwhelming majority of perks are garbage tier perks that never see play.

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    Options

it's nice to have a lot of feedback, it's a thing that needs to be fixed

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

It did get changed, survivors went WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! and it got changed back.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options
  • snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

Well they do buy all the cosmetics, just Look at the ratio of killer cosmetics to survivor.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Doesnt help that the killer ability to hear survivors gets ... diminished every time they tweak the sound or engine.

First time i played survivor i was overwheöled how loud a claudette is, for the survivor player atleast.

When they tweaked sound occlusion the first time, i think you couldnt hear gens on the other side.

It's even worse with buildings, especially haddonfield. Not helping they mess up generator auras too.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Chase musica cancels out stridor

Chase music cancels out hearing footsteps when survivors stun/flashlight you

Chase music + any survivors spamming sound actions makes sound tracking damn near impossible

• Nenkie
    Nenkie Member Posts: 43
    Options

Agree.

• fischyhb
    fischyhb Member Posts: 23
    Options

Also agree, that chase music can cause hearing damage it kicks in so loud.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Not only does chase music cancel stidor, but also end game collapse. I totally lost an injured camoflaugette the other day. No big deal, can't get a 4k everytime, but if I'm using a perk so I can hear moans of pain, it would be nice to actually be able to get full use out of it.

Not only the chase music that's too loud either. The struggle music when you first get hooked is obnoxiously loud. I can't hear my teammates communicating through headset and I have to yell into my headset like someone that's hearing impaired.

Also the music while your slugged is too loud. I know they want the hatch to be hard to find, and I can appreciate that, but it's so loud.