Why do people keep putting Freddy so high up on killer tiers?

I just don’t get it, he is totally reliant on add ons to actually do anything and seems to be fairly easily avoided

Best Answer

Answers

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

Because his gen teleport gives him very good map pressure, and both his snares and pallets are great at shutting down loops.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Hes got good map pressure and a chasing tool..its honestly all a good killer needs

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

His snares are exceptional which cam be used without add ons

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I don’t think you’re good with Freddy.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Because freddy is a strong killer

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Map pressure is a big deal it's what makes the big 3 so good not to mention his power which either makes him clown so he ends chases easier or makes survivors think an unsafe loop is a safe one

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

That first part 1000x. You want a good killer, give them map pressure. Anyone who can only ever move at base speed to get around the map will always be locked at mid tier. Maybe upper mid tier in a few cases, but mid none-the-less. That's why Demogorgon is getting such high praise despite being as basic a killer as you can get, he has really good travel time through portals and the pounce goes so far it's kinda funny.

• CrazyMage
    CrazyMage Member Posts: 100

because theirs so many worse killers

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Actually Freddy perform pretty well without add-ons. I've played him a lot with only crappy yellow add-ons at best and he felt strong.

He has map pressure with his gen teleport. He screw with loops with his snares. And lastly the sleep cycle distract survivors from rushing generators, giving them incentives to wake up.

None of his abilities are overwhelmingly strong by themselves, but he has all the things a killer want and no drawbacks for it. He might actually be the most balanced killer in the game.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

Because new Freddy is great. #5 or #6 best killer now.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited September 2019

Because for a killer that still has to chase survivors "normally" he has really good tools.

Teleport is useful to cross big distances, and has great synergy with perks like BBQ, Discordance, Pop Goes The Weasel and more - all pretty good perks.

Snares are also pretty damn good. They might not be as "instant" and have the AOE of clown bottles, but Freddy doesn't have to worry about stuff like reloading or being slowed down in any way while using that part of his power.

Dream pallets are certainly sorta hit or miss but at least snares are his default. I've met Freddies that convincingly pretend that fake pallets are real and make them work, but I prefer snares any day.

Obviously he's not a raw put in skill -> get results killer like Nurse, but he has a very versatile kit.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

He's the best an M1 killer can be. Give an m1 killer reasonable map pressure and reasonable antiloop - You can't really stick much more on an M1er.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Gen teleport.

This is part the reason I think Demo will end up being good. They can teleport around the map.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,236

This x1000. He's just hot garbage. Clown is such hot, stinky garbage.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited September 2019

1) He has teleport and give him good map preasure

2) His snare/pallet give him good anti loop

3) Survivors also spent more time by waking up instead just focusing gen rush

4) Only killer that can SLOW gen with addon

5) Lullaby confuse some survivors

Freddy just soo good and i refuse to believe if someone actually saying "He's still worst than legion" or "old version was stronger"

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Freddy is one of the better mid-tier killers. Not great, but better than Doc or Trapper, for example. You won't have fun against good teams but you can win with him against average players.

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

U can shut down safe loops like jungle gyms and shack loop by using snares correctly or it makes them drop pallet faster so end game becomes better

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Just give Clown balloons that he can use to fly through the air. Problem solved. Except not because of interior areas. But still.