Spine chill nerf

2»

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

On one hand, i love Wraith and would love for his Power's main use to be stronger.

On the other hand, i also love Spine Chill, and would like for it to not be destroyed.

Thankfully that's not the case since this is, what, 4 Killers who nullify it.

But still, not the best taste i can have in my mouth.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I understand people like spine chill but, there are about 4 killers that can ruin its effect now which is not a big deal because spine chill literally destroyed killers like GF.

• heartstone_malone
    heartstone_malone Member Posts: 65
    edited September 2019

You think running Object is easy mode cause you can just throw down all the pallets.... Trust me, l don't look like the fool here;)

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

You make a good point. However, if you're working on a gen or healing, chances are they know where you are. If they have ears, then they'll hear your actions.

So yes, Spine chill needed the nerf against stealth killers only.

• Raven014

No, it can still be powerful against non stealth killers. Against Hag and Trapper, it'll let you know where traps are, against Michael, it lets you know if he's stalking you (out of tier 1), let's you know where clown is if you hear a scream, Against Plague it let's you know which gens to avoid to avoid sickness... the list goes on.

It's not just it's use for 1 on 1 encounters, but with a whole team, that info is invaluable.

It's not always a tunnel magnet. Smart killers might have obsession perks to get more from leaving them alone... Especially with the new Dying Light going to be released.

• It absolutely is. Against a GOOD killer, you're getting tunneled down and done in the first few minutes. You can't even look around while you heal without exposing your position. If you can't tunnel down a single survivor with the shortened loops, exhaustion nerfs, lack of pallet vacuums, vault nerfs AND bloodlust the problem is not the perk, it's your lack of skill. You're just being outplayed.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Lol shortened loops...you really are a bunch of broken records ..listing off the same "nerfs" that were totally justified and made the game physically impossible does not mean there are not still issues..its a simple scenario that has not registered to you yet..good day

• heartstone_malone
    heartstone_malone Member Posts: 65
    edited September 2019

phIsIcAlLy ImPoSsIbLe lol. I'm pretty sure killer were getting 4ks just fine before the nerfs. I promise it's just you and the other baby killers getting outplayed that cry about it.

• plentity
    plentity Member Posts: 9

i donno cuz spine chillz lets you know where a killer is looking so yu cna easily know if he is still coming for you when you think you lost him if the icon isnt lighting up.

plus to have it for spare beads or watever the spirit uses to get you on gens, it wrecks her in that form.

hey devs, check it out, stop lookin at session ids n stuff

• plentity
    plentity Member Posts: 9

oh my god 3rd page #1 haha

• Raven014
    edited September 2019

I'm not the person to tunnel in the first case.

What you are failing to take into account is information is valuable. In red ranks, it can be the difference between a 4k and a 0k, depending on how it is taken and used.

When you pair that with an SWF group, all of them will know where the killer is, on top of the fact that it leaves at least 3 survivors free to work on gens, making the game less than 4 minutes... if they know what they are doing. I've seen plenty use OoO and lose, but it definitely increases their chance of limiting a killer's points... and ruining their fun, of course.

• And having a killer that can sneak around, cheese out instadowns and has no counterplay, even if said counterplay is high risk and only good against stealth killers is also no fun and ruins survior points. To balance the entire game around red rank swf is horribly unfair as that is such a small percentage of matches and even still the killer can tunnel down the OoO user and alleviate the problem. Nothing the average solo or even two man can do about cheeseface now.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

I don't see why it would do anything to spine chill. It's like how Distortion doesn't hide you from "Scream" notifications like the Doctor, Infectious Fright or Clown bottles can induce, but exclusively aura reading.

Spine Chill is a good perk and it gives you incomplete information (the killer's looking in your direction, but you don't know from which direction they might come from) and I don't see a reason for it to actually be nerfed. Sure it can make stealth killers have a harder time but that's no different to someone with an exhaustion perk being cucked by exhaustion add-ons - it happens.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@not_Queen

Is this a bug, or a feature?

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Well stealth perks needed a slight nerf. Yes this includes spine chill and premonition. It made no sense these perks could locate killers who were stealth based. You act like these perks were not becoming meta and nerfing stealth killers.

This Includes

Pig in stealth mode.

Myers in evil within 1.

Ghostface in stealth.

Spirit in phase.

Unless stealth perks get nerfed honestly these perks would of prevented new stealth killers from being created and limited potential design on some future killers.

The only perk I feel that should work for this simply due to the flavor text is Alert.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Premonition needs buffs, not nerfs. Spine Chill was already overrated as it is, but it was fine. And detection perks already didn't work against Evil Within 1 Myers. Also, Spirit isn't quite a stealth killer and if you make Spine Chill not working against her, then you just make Prayer Beads the most overpowered add-on in the game.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Still they make no sense actually revealing Killers who are supposed to be invisible or stealth at certain points.

I wish prayer beads would be reworked and this comes from a Spirit main. I think they make the game boring honestly.

• SureSpear
    SureSpear Member Posts: 211

Being in the killer's terror radius and knowing that the killer is looking at you are two very different things. A killer can walk right by survivors in their terror radius if said survivor is well hidden. Spine Chill lighting up can give a survivor time to hide from an approaching killer. The perk doesn't have to override every stealth ability in the game to be good. You have a 3rd person camera for a reason: look over your shoulder from time to time.

• SpyMature
    SpyMature Member Posts: 204

Jesus, the absolute ignorance of all the people in the comment section

Read Premonition's description, it says "TRUMPS ANY KILLER'S STEALTH ABILITIES" (Same as Kinred) which means it will still work against stealth killers, it's trash and obviously it wasn't nerfed, if you're actually this bad to the point of thinking that stealth killers "have no counterplay" then use this perk

Spine Chill is a top tier underrated perk that completely annihilated a stealth killer, there's no point in sneaking up when a survivor know EXACTLY if you're coming for them, or someone else. It also notifies you at a range of 36M - higher than default 32M terror radius. Spine Chill will still be a top tier perk in my eyes cause it notifies you when you should comming to a gen inside Killer's terror radius, or when he's coming towards you before you can actually even hear his hear beat.

Like I said, a single perks shouldnt absolutely annihilate stealth killer's abilities, and if you're bad enough to think stealth killers "have no counterplay" then use Premotion.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited September 2019

Except premonition DOES get trumped, and spine chill is meant to trump too. That’s literally the whole point of the post. There’s either a bug or wrong patchnotes. Undetectable is said to block aura, burn blocks these instead.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

"Read Premonition's description, it says "TRUMPS ANY KILLER'S STEALTH ABILITIES""

So why does it not work against Tier 1 Myers? I occasionally use premonition bc it's a fun perk and good against certain killers, but it's kinda like Spine chill in the sense that it's effectively powerless on its own.

"Spine Chill is a top tier underrated perk that completely annihilated a stealth killer"

Spine chill has plenty of issues. It doesn't tell a Survivior where the killer is coming from, who the killer is, nor does it pinpoint their location. The only thing spine chill does is tell you that the killer is looking at you. It gives you information that you need. If it was nerfed to not effect killers in some kind of "stealth" mode then it'd be a big and quite unnecessary buff to Ghostface. (Ghostface is already regarded as a solid Hag/Huntress level killer, being insanely strong in the right hands. He doesn't need buffs).

"single perks shouldnt absolutely annihilate stealth killer's abilities, and if you're bad enough to think stealth killers "have no counterplay" then use Premotion."

it doesn't annihilate their abilities. Spine chill is powerless by itself, it's all about the information it gives you. Spine chill does very little for as much as it does. It tells you the killer is looking at you, which is often times enough to save you, but it doesn't tell you where they are, who they are, what they're doing, or if they're actually coming after you, or if they just so happened to be looking at you while doing something. You act like Spine chill gives you the endurance status or something. It just gives you barebones information. It's just that those barebones are all you really need to survive if you know how to use it.

• SpyMature
    SpyMature Member Posts: 204

Again, read the description,  "TRUMPS ANY KILLER'S STEALTH ABILITIES". T1 Myers isn't an ability. Ghostface activating Night Shroud is, Pig's activating crouch is, Wraith activating invisibility is.

Also, Spine Chill does annihilate stealth killers abilities because there is no surprise when survivor already knows you're coming and plan out their next route accordingly, there is no point at sneaking up on a gen, moving from cover to cover to not let them see you, when survivor on a gen already knows you're there and either hide or start running to a pallet / away.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

See, the problem is they just want survivors to have ZERO tools to survive.

It's funny how last year everyone was crazy about nerfing looping -- and they did nerf everything from window vaults to DS.

Then they complained healing was too powerful and everyone was running self care. So they nerfed healing and buffed things like Sloppy Butcher.

Then they complained it was so dark and couldn't see survivors so they nerfed lighting and stealth.

Then survivors stopped healing so they just switched to focusing on gens. They complained about gen rush so they nerfed gen speeds and buffed delaying perks like Thanatophobia.

Then they felt it was still too hard to find survivors so they nerfed clothes.

It's funny most killers want Survivors to hide some more but there's been nothing but nerfs to evasion and stealth, and tons of aura and detection perks and detection buffs added on the killer side, but they still want survive to "stop genrushing" and hide instead. And what? Twiddle their thumbs? Can't even hide anymore with all the detection perks and abilities going on, and Distortion doesn't cut it.

Now you want to nerf spine chill? That's fine but something's got to give. The game is not fine if you keep it as is and keep nerfing everything.

The only real improvements we've been seeing to the survivor game are perks to discourage or punish killers from camping and tunneling. And that is good... except killers also want to nerf all those perks -- can't go a day without seeing a "Nerf DS Nerf BT" thread here.

You can't have it both ways, basically if you want survivors to stealth more make it a valid way to survive and cut survivors some slack, and figure out some other way to add value to the game that isn't just encouraging survivors to keep genrushing, because that's all they have left. It's fine to nerf loops and vaults and looping perks to the ground but give something back to keep the game healthy.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

How about we get an "Undetectable" perk for Survivors too, how stupid is it that one of the main ways a survivor gets to survive -- HIDING -- is absolutely destroyed by a dozen perks, add-ons and killer abilities.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

It doesn't destroy stealth... a spine chill user can end up running into the killer since they don't know which way they're coming from... I'm going to be so sad if this actually happens, itd be so unnecessary.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

"Usually used by noobs"

Meanwhile spine chill tells survivors when a Spirit is faking a phase, destroys Ghostface's power, practically counteracts oblivious and gives survivors forewarning against Ghostface, Pig, Freddy, Wraith, Michael, Spirit, or any killer using M&A.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Undetectable only works for a few seconds right? Or is it permanent undetected once they crouch?

Also, I think at least with Myers T1 makes him slow so I think it’s balanced in the way he works.