The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

cancel dedicated servers

2Khours
2Khours Member Posts: 158
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

This is will kill your game, i dealth with this game since 1.0.0 and i'Ve experienced the worse from your game and stayed, but if you release dedicated servers and really don't fix them, which i really hope you do, i will really leave the game if your servers are like this, it's game breaking, it's that bad, many things doesn'T wortk, many bugs that never happened before happens, insta down hatchets, late vomit, can't grab, can't kill with myers, these bugs just KILLS the game and the killers over all.

If all the killers have a terrible experience because of the latency, they won't play the game, killers MUST have a better connection for THEIR abilities to work, if you really want to fix the servers, make a ping limit for the players, like 100, or in the option make us set our own limit, <50 <75 <100 and so on, of course the lobby time will definetly take more time, but if we ARE whilling to have more ping, we accept what can come with it, if we want low ping, we allow more waiting time, but we'll have a better experience right?

Dedicated servers will kill your game, fix or find another way, if you don't, killer won't play killers anymore, i won't, and many won't either, survivor work fine most of the time, but they also experience bugs.

It's bad, please, save your own game.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Calm down. It's the first dedicated servers performance test (previously was just a stress test) and a lot of stuff is already working very well. If the devs keep working on that and maybe get some more experienced and professional people outside its going to be perfect.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

I honestly wouldn’t expect them to fully launch for at least another year.

No sarcasm intended.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

That's exactly why they put it on the PTB: To test how it was.

If implemented as is, yes, it would probably do some damage.

If it's too bad, then they'll postpone its launch.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Why are we in all bold?

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited September 2019

As a survivor you can potentially play the entire trial without getting chased especially if you got "distraction teammates" who are good at looping. Sometimes you only get chased ONCE or TWICE per trial.

Meanwhile as a killer you NEED to "chase and catch" FOUR survivors up to THREE times EVERY GAME (or at least that's the objective) which means "lag and delay" caused by bad servers will have a HUGE negative impact on killer gameplay and a rather SMALL impact on survivor gameplay.

Therefore it just makes sense to complain about bad servers unless you want to consistently have easy wins against any killer.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited September 2019

@Mochan

Why is it that every Feng Meng avatar using account is always, hmm. I know the word, Kind of obnoxious or should I say rude?

Could you please explain the nature of your hivemind?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,291

Watching streams and YouTube videos of some of the best Huntress players out there being unable to land a shot should be Abit of an eye opener... I watched one of Zubat's videos with him landing like 1/10 hatchets.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

Bye, nobody is gonna miss your laggy lobby. Maybe killer queue won't take so long now, since we don't need to compete with starbucks internet killers. I can't wait!!

I don't hear any good killers from PTB complaining. Just leach better internet from a neighbor or something, you'll be alright.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Not sure what a good killer is according to you but pretty much EVERY dbd streamer was literally joking about how bad the dedicated servers are including survivor mains like Puppers.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

Yeah, how bad the current ones were. Do you think they actually care if they were implemented? They aren't running starbucks wifi and most have said dedicated servers will be fine. It's a PTB, remember that. Everyone somehow expects everything to be perfect right away. Even if the servers ran great people would complain because there is no advantage for there crappy internet. Some of these people talking about ping limits. They know they have potatoe internet.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2019

@Regionlock I have news for you. I have damn near top of the line internet, in a major east coast metropolitan area (not some rural area). I run games like Overwatch at extremely high FPS while streaming Netflix on my second monitor. No lag, no noticeable delay.

And I will tell you that so far, the PTB tests of their dedicated servers have been atrocious.

And this was a fear I had when they first announced them. As of right now, I do not have confidence in the quality of their netcode, and it seems to need a lot of work before it launches to live. Unless they have something up their sleeve, I can't fathom pushing them to live by the "end of summer," which is September 23rd, less than two weeks away.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I cannot imagine that the devs can bring the dedicated servers from the current state to a decent working state in the short remaining time till end of summer.

If there isn't a sudden major improvement, the reasonable thing to do is to postpone the dedicated servers.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

This is at least the 2nd PTB for dedicated servers. Maybe the 3rd if Im forgetting something.

This PTB is better than before, but it's still by far in no condition for launch when Killers can't even use their powers as/when needed without something breaking.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

It won't be released "this summer".

• you must be the type of survivor who play in lobbies with over 200 ping and then complain to the killer that he is lagswitching...

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142
    edited September 2019

Do NOT cancel dedicated servers. Do not even POSTPONE them. They are not running that bad, they are running perfectly good!

If people can't hit Huntress hatchets its because they need to git gud and adapt. They need to adapt to a bit of lag when calculating the throw, just like any other game you play with dedicated server and you are a shooter and not the host. That is all.

Sure, it needs some tweaking up and a bit of fixes here and there, but mostly it's amazing and fun and SO MUCH better than having people host the games instead of a dedicated server! It's such a huge quality of life improvement.

I can't believe people are calling to cancel dedicated servers, LOL!

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

I agree cancel dedicated servers or postpone until they are playable.

This is another unnecessary nerf on killers

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

This post is exposing everyone with potato internet.

Imagine complaining that you’re not the host and it makes the game unfair.

• Sigel667
    Sigel667 Member Posts: 11

They are not perfectly good. I played a few SWF games on the PTB and getting hit felt so random sometime. Once I threw down a pallet, THEN the Killer started swinging and still hit me. Another time in that same match I was in the middle of a window vault and clearly should've been hit, but I wasn't. All of those were 30ms ping games.

While your experience might'v been flawless, it's in no way representative of everybody's experiences.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I have long been concerned about the latency affect on killers dedicated servers would have. The game was designed for the killers to have the host status, thus giving them the upper hand in the latency department. Servers will change the game dramatically and will expose killers with bad connections or at a great distance.

It will affect survivors as well, but not to the same extent.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Likely they pre-typed their post and pasted it. I’ve noticed that when copying from another app and pasting in the forums, specifically on mobile, the text comes out as all bold when the post is finished and made.

Knowing how the forums generally refresh when the app is reopened (at least for my phone) I myself type in Notes and copy then paste, as the mobile ‘create post’ doesn’t draft or save.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I thought they were suppose to monitor Elon's posts after his Twitter debacles?

• dist0rt
    dist0rt Member Posts: 32

Never been a fan of them going to dedicated severs and never will. It is a hard nerf to killers, expecially ones like plague and huntress.