Can dev please consider buff clown already?

DingDongs
DingDongs Member Posts: 684
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

Like why play clown when you can play freddy who has better anti loop, map pressure, no slowdown/reload during using power and can teleport?

Even a random perks build + hemorrhage/blind addon only freddy is still stronger than max build clown himself

Legion can be annoying with Thana/Discordance and easy STBFL token

Wraith can counter BT

Bubba at least can be strong by camp with insidious, agitation, iron grasp

Plague can be dangerous with Infectious fright OR if survivors are not smart and cleanse early anyway

Doctor can be great bloodpoints farm thanks to Distressing/BBQ but ALSO deadly with only 3 gens near

What Clown can do and best/annoying perks combo? Only Spirit Fury+Enduing perks just like every M1 killer can be use?

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited September 2019

You forget to mention that Legion can counter insta-heals though, same with Plague

• Triglav
    Triglav Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2019

I don't think clown needs a buff. There are perks now after Ghostface that fix his weaknesses as a killer. Thrilling tremors gives more map control which he sorely lacks. You can use spirit fury, bamboozle and blood warden also and pretty much just set up barriers and take them down.

Clown has strength in that he can end a chase very quickly with his power. Use those perks, chase people down and get them on hooks, or hell even drop them so you can activate tremors and then repeat using the other 3 perks to shut survivors down.

• Triglav
    Triglav Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2019

Well the other thing you are missing is being exposed. Clown can expose people using any perk that grants it and end a chase quick. Exposed is the biggest means to an end killers get, only thing that extends a chase is that 2nd hit requirement and expose gets rid of that.

You gas them and hit while exposed, you delay the game by taking down one of them, now thats potentially 2 survivors not doing gens if they rescue.

Another thing that helps and is underrated is lullaby. That perk affects every skill check in the game, not just generators. Expose gets you easy hooks, which means fast tokens. The killer power is not what makes or breaks a killer.

You can also use third seal, blind all of them, ruin their coordination. Clown works really well with hexes, take your pic. Some killers have weaker powers but take advantage strongly of perks. Clown is one of those killers.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited September 2019

I'm suggesting that he should have a timer that auto replenish +1 bottle or something (Still can reload all bottle with CTRL) because every time i'm sick of reloading a bottle after you down or hook while you're extremely moving slow and wasting time that you can't defend another gens from gen rusher

Also direct throw bottle into gen also give gen infected with pinky gas (just like plague infection) with longer duration. Touching that gen will give survivor blurred (But no screaming/notification) and make a skill check even harder

I'm guessing there's no way you can give mobility/teleport/map pressure on clown unless they give him floating balloon

P.S. Please fix bottle thrown bug

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Clown already is good at what he does : Putting pallets down quickly in chases. He's fine in chases, it's the fact that he doesn't do anything BESIDES chase well. You'd need to give him some sort of map mobility power in order to make him potent, which simply isn't in his kit.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

I honestly believe LeatherFace deserves more of a buff or rework than Clown. Personally.

However, I do agree that he DOES deserve a buff in some way. Anything minor does help, no matter how small...

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349

Increase the effectiveness and radius of his gas, even if it’s just the visuals and not increasing the slow down... that’s all he really needs. The gas needs to pack a punch. I’d pick him up again with that tweak.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

devs already said that not every killer can be viable at high ranks.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

I thought we were wanting a swole clown

• CrazyMage
    CrazyMage Member Posts: 100

Yeah but theirs basically only 4 that are and thats a stupid mentality anyway

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Clown has plummeted to the very bottom 2 killers pretty rapidly recently I don't know what happened. His base power needs a slight rework to potentially be more devastating if you hit Survivors with your bottle.

Idk he's just incredibly weak too often against decent Survivors unless you have made it 3v1

• FireHazard
    edited September 2019

@CrazyMage Incorrect. All Killers have the potential to be viable at High Ranks, it all depends on the Players skill overall.

I could get a 4k quite often with Pre-Patch Freddy, and he was considered the worst Killer at the time. It all depends on how you use each Killer, their perks, and add-ons to the fullest.

If we're talking about the "majority" of the DBD community, I guess this is true? But even then, most people can eventually improve overtime. You think I was good right out the door? You think anyone here was? I used to be garbage back then, and my worst map used to be Lerys... and I mained Myers making it way worse... So I used to think it was the worst combo to have happen.

Now Lery's is personally my best map to play on, and playing with Myers on it actually makes it 10x's easier... Sneaking up on Survivors is really easy when you Terror Radius is 8 at Tier ll - 2 more with Dead Rabbit... And even without the added Stealth, its not really that difficult to navigate the paths Survivors take.

• Kenshin
    edited September 2019

wrong. its depended on the survivors. m1 killers will only do good when the survivors are trash and thats a fact. especially against swf. i cant even remember the last time that a killer was even close to pipping against my group. and yes its easy to 4k often with m1 killers. i do the same. that doesnt mean im good, its survivors making being bad or/and making mistakes.

• FireHazard
    edited September 2019

That's not even an argument, that's a basic fact that every Killer knows. As a Killer main, you actively seek flaws in a Survivors routes that they take.

I main Myers, hes a M1 Killer, I can still down people just fine. Just because your group hasn't faced a M1 Killer who dusted all of you doesn't mean squat.

Yes, a M1 Killer is obviously easier to face than say Billy, or Nurse, or Spirit. But that doesn't mean you can't still be viable at Red Ranks. I've played Red Rank matches with Pre-Patch Freddy, Myers, Pig, etc, and still do fine. Whats your excuse? Not every game equals a 4k, nobody is a elite here. We're only humans.

• CrazyMage
    CrazyMage Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2019

do you want a medal? Just because you can do good as them doesn't mean that they are good

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,450
    edited September 2019

I think he needs a Secondary Ability something a bit passive. I came up with something a few weeks ago for interacting with Generators.

Balloon Animals:

Clown can ties balloons onto a max of 3 Generators. Any survivor(s) that complete a Generator with Balloons tied to it will cause the Balloons to pop, this will cause the survivor(s) to scream and they will be given the Oblivious status effect for 20 seconds. Clown can only place up to 3 Balloons per match.

Post edited by Star99er on
  • Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

Ghostface can also counter borrowed time, in a few ways.

• FireHazard
    edited September 2019

The fact I can do it, doesn't make it impossible is my point. The fact you haven't faced a M1 Killer who destroyed your SWFs, doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

The literal fact, that you don't have a single clue what you're talking about is what i'm trying to explain. Your SWFs doesn't make up the general concept of what a average game of DBD is, so I have zero clue why you even bothered putting that point in that post.

Also, you tried passing off that "Survivors make mistakes" was an argument to why all Killers are not viable at high ranks. That's not an argument, you're just stating a basic fact that all Killers know.

My point, is that what makes a Killer good or bad, is all personal opinion. Just because you're garbage with lets say LeatherFace, doesn't mean someone else won't destroy you with him later on. All Killers are viable at high ranks, all of them. It all depends on who plays that Killer to make them viable.

Yes, certain Killers are easier to play at high ranks, that doesn't mean the Killers that're harder to play at higher ranks can't be made viable. If you put enough time into something, anything is possible.

People said Freddy was the worst Killer, he couldn't possible 4k at Red Ranks. Guess what? Someone proved them wrong.

Edit

You're not the same person, but the point still stands. All Killers are viable in high level play, it depends on the Player alone to make them viable. Saying nothing is viable because you think it isn't doesn't make any sense.

• Kenshin

you should stop drinking mate. either that or you just have zero clue about the game.

• FireHazard

Now at this point, you're just baiting me.

I think this is just a waste of time trying to reason with the unreasonable, so you have a good day pal.

• Kenshin

i was about to say the same thing. have a good one.