Why do medium vaults exist?

Options
TheGorgon
TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

They are nice I guess in certain circumstances, but what's the real appeal of this mechanic? It seems like it does more bad than good when I'm trying to fast fault. I just think needing to time a fast vault is ridiculous and medium vaults are the creator of it. Not that it's inherently horrible, but I see myself also experiencing them being very glitchy.

😀

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

It's to slow some loop and punish for coming at a vault from the side, since you cant exactly jump suddenly in a 90 degree turn.

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91
    Options

It's to make it so you can't get the better fast vault from any angle. It's not meant to feel good for you to medium vault, a fast vault is always preferable. Basically, the mechanic isn't for you

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Because some loops were at some points in the games life-span, infinites that could last for a very long time.

They added Mid-Vaults to minimize the time between chases, and overall made chases more balanced and realistic in-game. They also removed the ability to fast vault when there is virtually zero room to do so.

When this was a problem back then, chases would last longer than they should have around some window loops...

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190
    Options

They really shouldn't have messed with old fast vaults, literally nobody asked for a change.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

I think it will be better if mid vault would be slow vaults. I mean there is barely a difference and it will be better for killers in infinite loops.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316
    Options

This game just very dependent on luck of the draw sometimes as is most online gaming now a days. This and pallet's just not dropping properly has gotten me killed more times than I can count.

There are sometimes when I play killer and see pallets all laid out perfectly, basically creating tons of safe areas and time for survivors; But, sometimes when I play survivor there are like zero pallet's in locations where you are forced to do gens.

This game is just a mess, but we try and make fun of it the best we can, but let's not pretend like there is any OP side, killer or survivor. It's just luck of the draw with maps and placement. This is the major problem with this game.

• aazimuth
    Options

The only people that complained were killer mains who want survivors to run in a straight line. Not to mention, infinites do not exist anymore neither did they pre-ghostface before fast vaults got butchered. Thanks.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
    Options

If you think infinities are not a thing, then you should play killer more

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213
    Options

It's the result of bad killers whining long enough to make the dev team implement cheesy fixes for their inabilities. Like medium vaults, nailing shut most of the windows, removing more and more pallets each patch, opening up all jungle gymns, introduce exhaustion, pausing when jumping from a height (which of course the killer can do without slowing down) and giving bad killers a variety of wallhack perks like chili, nurses calling etc etc etc

• aazimuth
    Options

But infinites aren't a thing anymore. Bloodlust fixed that. If you are getting ran on an infinite that doesn't exist anymore, you are clearly running the loop incorrectly/allowing the player to outplay you on it. I do agree, there are lots of loops that are annoying or long but those are counterable. Infinites haven't existed since bloodlust was implemented, thanks.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I'm sorry to be this guy but if you had to rely on a crap kind of pallets then you want a good survivor same goes for anybody who had to rely on the pallet vacuum before it got removed.

Also you act like perks like dark sense alert object of obsession and breakdown don't exist