hatch standoff

just got out of a hatch standoff that lasted an hour (we both ended up watching videos on second screens). we need a mechanic to end standoffs. the big issue is that once it starts it cant end. the survivor losses the option to work on gens because the moment they leave they die. what i think could work nicely would be if when both the killer and last survivor are near the hatch for 1 minute the hatch closes for 1 min and the killer is blinded and stunned. this would allow the survivor to escape and work on gens without forcing the killer to have to baby sit the hatch untill it opens again. although it will make it difficult for the survivor to escape the map they can still return in 1 min time to try again

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Just remove the hatch. Problem solved.
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited July 2018
    xray362 said:

just got out of a hatch standoff that lasted an hour (we both ended up watching videos on second screens). we need a mechanic to end standoffs. the big issue is that once it starts it cant end. the survivor losses the option to work on gens because the moment they leave they die. what i think could work nicely would be if when both the killer and last survivor are near the hatch for 1 minute the hatch closes for 1 min and the killer is blinded and stunned. this would allow the survivor to escape and work on gens without forcing the killer to have to baby sit the hatch untill it opens again. although it will make it difficult for the survivor to escape the map they can still return in 1 min time to try again

Wow, dude. That’s ######### i n g ridiculous. I am sincerely sorry this happened to you. I absolutely can not ######### i n g stand tryhard killers that are that desperate for the last kill when they’ve already killed everyone else. Clearly, you won this match. There is no reason to even have a stand-off.

Here’s a tip: Run at the hatch and crouch, they’ll think you’re jumping in it and hit you then you should be able to go through without them attempting to pull you out while they’re cleaning their blade.
  • besjo33
    besjo33 Member Posts: 22

Here’s a tip: Run at the hatch and crouch, they’ll think you’re jumping in it and hit you then you should be able to go through without them attempting to pull you out while they’re cleaning their blade.

If this works on killers that you play against you must be rank 20 😂 any killer with more than 5 hours won’t fall for that!

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited July 2018
    Tsulan said:
    I’d be up for that,  it only if the killer lost gen auras for the brave survivor who’s gonna attempt to get them done and a reduced amount of hooks. 
    If it was just removed you’d end up with a game of hide a seek, which could be just as long and frustrating as a stand off 
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

You need to give survivor the win, once they found the hatch you already lost

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@besjo33 said:

If this works on killers that you play against you must be rank 20 😂 any killer with more than 5 hours won’t fall for that!

The animations is also different. For hatch escape its a jump into the air and then down into the hatch. Crouching is just going down.

That hatch standoffs are still a thing still is ridiculous to be honest. How long have both sides been moaning about this? This is one aspect of the game where both sides agree that it needs work.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Paddy4583 said:
    Tsulan said:
    I’d be up for that,  it only if the killer lost gen auras for the brave survivor who’s gonna attempt to get them done and a reduced amount of hooks. 
    If it was just removed you’d end up with a game of hide a seek, which could be just as long and frustrating as a stand off 
    Proposed several times the perfect solution:
    - remove hatch
    - gens don't regress if there is only 1 survivor left
    - survivor gets a repair bonus that stacks with left behind
    - a counter starts that only stops if the survivor is doing a gen or being chased. after 5 minutes the killer gets every minute a notification like the doctors scream.
  • michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    I tweeted them. 

I said in a 1v1 where the hatch had spawned, survivors should be “exposed” and the killer has no cool down so he can pick up right away. 

Maybe even apply this within 32m of the hatch? 
  • michaelmyers87
    Tsulan said:
    Paddy4583 said:
    Tsulan said:
    Proposed several times the perfect solution:
    - remove hatch
    - gens don't regress if there is only 1 survivor left
    - survivor gets a repair bonus that stacks with left behind
    - a counter starts that only stops if the survivor is doing a gen or being chased. after 5 minutes the killer gets every minute a notification like the doctors scream.
    Wooow never thought of that. Gen doesnt regress. Pretty good idea. 
  • michaelmyers87
    But what about if 4 gens are remaining
  • PinkEricka
    besjo33 said:

It works almost every time if they’re just literally face camping the hatch
  • PinkEricka
    edited July 2018