There should be a time limit on Billy's chainsaw

Options

There should be a time limit to how long you can charge the chainsaw.

Too many times, a Billy/Leatherface more than facecamps someone on the hook revving their chainsaw and it doesn't matter.

My opinion tbh

Comments

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

Leatherface maybe, but not billy. It's a useful tech in a chase.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

No.

• karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210
    Options

Maybe for Leather face but not Billy 🤔 Had a hardcore face camping Bubba this week. Managed to get 3 gens and 3 survivors off hooks but forgot he has his 'wild flail' animation and got downed (like an idiot) and he instantly put his chainsaw down and grabbed the unhooking person. Seemed a bit bs that he could stop the animation so quickly 🤣 his never ending reving definitely allows campers to camp extra hard.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

I think what this guy means is you shouldn't just be able to 99% a rev forever and I actually agree with that. On billy after you rev for let's say 10-30s (time you usually wouldn't rev in a chase) the chainsaw will decay it's rev much faster until at 0%. Leatherface could have the same except whilst holding a rev, have it decay if held for an absurd amount of time. This would decrease their camping potential by a gigantic amount as you at the very least wouldn't be able to hold a full power rev against a hook through all their hook stages.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited September 2019
    Options
  • Gardenia
    edited September 2019
    Options

Adding a limit on how long you can sit there and charge your chainsaw would actually do a lot, for starters allowing a chance for survivors against camping Billy's/LF's to actually have a chance to get the hooked individual. Even still it's unnecessary and absurd to be able to sit there and rev the chainsaw forever with no downside or penalty. Currently they can do that and I fail to realize how this hurts them. It has nothing to do with Billy's curving, and I disagree it would at the very least provide a chance against LF campers.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Whenever I do camp, which I don’t often, I don’t keep my saw always revved and I can still down the unhooker in time, sometimes as billy you need time to get the survivor in a proper position so yes, this would hurt his curving.

• Gardenia
    edited September 2019
    Options

But regardless if you rev or not personally, it allowed someone to have a chance to unhook the other person. Because you're not constantly waving an instadown over the body.

And how much time do you need to position as Billy, more than 10s is too much time so again no I disagree.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

This would do nothing. If the killer is camping, all they have to do is position so that when somebody comes for the save they are able to finish between spotting and the unhook.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

It still doesn’t give them a chance since I can rev it once I see/hear them. You won’t accomplish anything with this billy nerf.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Why don't you stop struggling when you realize he's doing it instead of feeding him more victims

They don't need nerfs

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    Options

No didn't you quit dbd

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    Options

If your a camping Leatherface you are always holding an instadown. If you just park your butt in front of the hook and start revving as soon as you see someone running, its the same thing.

Wouldn't make any difference. If a LF decides to camp, wethers hes revving or not isnt going to change anything.

• UndergroundBubba
    UndergroundBubba Member Posts: 13
    Options

Why not just ignore the camping Hillbilly and go do gens? Sucks for the guy being camped but getting downed by a camping Billy because you tried to unhook the guy he was camping sounds like a personal problem. You could get a few gens done in the time it takes for him to stand there and watch one guy die

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

There's numerous killers that can just decide to camp someone to death one way or another.

Doctor can spam "grab" in treatment mode.

Myers with infinite tier 3.

Myers with no addons - tier 3 during second stage.

Myers with no addons - can pop his tier 3 if someone wants to go for the save.

Ghostface can stand next to the hook and stalk/instadown survivors coming for the save.

Wraith can stand next to the hook (cloaked) and instadown the unhooked survivor with no counterplay due to the fact there's no terror radius/no borrowed time.

Pig can crouch next to the hook and instadown the unhooked survivor with no counterplay due to the fact there's no terror radius/no borrowed time if the Pig crouches.

Trapper can just place 3 traps - 1 on each side of the hooked survivor and camp. No one is gonna be able to even come near the hooked survivor especially if the Trapper runs STBFL.

Let's nerf all these killers while we're at it.

• Gardenia
    Options

Excuse me, to all of you....how TF is this a nerf in any form or fashion?

Secondly, it's ridiculous to be able to literally rev the chainsaw for over 10-30s with literally no pause or decay in pressure.

You all can't even give proper reasons as to why you object, all you mentioned is in regards to camping, even though I still disagree.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

eeh, there is a small problem with the trapper statement of yours.

there is a deadzone around the hook, so even if you place 3 traps (one on each side), they can still walk past them.

on top of that, there is a trap deadzone around each individual trap aswell, preventing you from placing them too close to each other.

(imo both of these should get removed / significantly reduced, but the devs dont seem to care about Trapper at all, as all posts i see about him get ignored / the devs say "they are looking into other, more important killers right now", even though there are some severe design flaws with trapper that need fixing asap (imo))

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Adding a chainsaw timer won't stop me from insidious camping with LF.

I lie in wait at the bottom of the basement stairs for some poor survivor to come down and try to rescue their friend.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

You never specified the duration you had in mind so I figured you'd think of a few seconds and then boom 0% chainsaw which would be a major nerf as I need to be able to hold the chainsaw at 100% for several seconds if I want to mindgame someone using the chainsaw. If we're talking about like 30 seconds then obviously I'll agree as this would only nerf campers.

The devs could make it so the chainsaw overheats when holding it for 30 seconds at a time.