Camping

Options
bruhtrain
bruhtrain Member Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
I have an idea so killers get discourage to camp.The idea is if the killer stand in a 12 meter radius of the survivor that is hooked for 6 seconds, they start losing points little by little,like 50 blood points per 2 seconds if they watch the survivor die they don’t  get points for scarfice but get the points for hooking the survivor (timer resets after the killer is 13 meters away or more).edit: I get when theirs a swf and camping is only solution to get a kill.The people who commented has some good points about camping
Post edited by bruhtrain on

Comments

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

Dude it's his first post!, @bruhtrain the devs love feedback but they are aware of camping and tunneling.

They have said during the Q & A stream this is part of the game. The killer can decide to camp the hook or leave it.
    No Changes in the near future to implement anything to counter it.

However with that being said they might take your idea into consideration but they normally don't punish players.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,787
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    jesus ******** christ.... you ppl and camping/tunneling.... oh, man....

I have the same reaction to the SWF complaint threads and posts.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited July 2018
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    with one exception.... swf is actually broken af and can't be countered.... camping/tunneling doesn't break anything and can be countered....

No, its not broken. It can be countered - git gud.

Sorry couldn't resist. Its the typical response to camping complaints.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited July 2018
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    an organized 4 man team will ALWAYS win over one guy with a terror radius and a neon red 'i am here' sign.... 'git gud'???.... lol. get ******....

I'm assuming you're grossly exaggerating since a 4 man team has lost many times to one guy with a terror radius and a neon red 'i am here' sign. This is fact, not opinion. I've seen many online. I've been in many myself, including tonight.

So yeah.....git gud.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@deadwolfwalking said:
    an organized 4 man team will ALWAYS win over one guy with a terror radius and a neon red 'i am here' sign.... 'git gud'???.... lol. get ******....

I'm assuming you're grossly exaggerating since a 4 man team has lost many times to one guy with a terror radius and a neon red 'i am here' sign. I've seen many online. I've been in many myself, including tonight.

So yeah.....git gud.

perhaps that 4 man team is who needs to 'git gud'.... i said 'organized'....

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

Perhaps I need to clarify. They are organized. They are communicating. They know what they need to do. They go in with their med kits, tool boxes, torches etc. They strategize what they are doing. But they still lose to a good killer.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Perhaps I need to clarify. They are organized. They are communicating. They know what they need to do. They go in with their med kits, tool boxes, torches etc. They strategize what they are doing. But they still lose to a good killer.

yeah. ok....

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@deadwolfwalking said:
    with one exception.... swf is actually broken af and can't be countered.... camping/tunneling doesn't break anything and can be countered....

but like, you can only git so gud against a team who can communicate and coordinate saves, gens and chases. camping and swf are not equal to each other in terms of being problematic.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Tombstone218

you're wasting your time. hes not hearing it....

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@bruhtrain said:
    I have an idea so killers get discourage to camp.The idea is if the killer stand in a 12 meter radius of the survivor that is hooked for 6 seconds, they start losing points little by little,like 50 blood points per 2 seconds if they watch the survivor die they don’t  get points for scarfice but get the points for hooking the survivor (timer resets after the killer is 13 meters away or more)

Punishment for camping was abused by the survivors so its not gonna happen, thank your fellow toxic survivor mates

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Simple solution to reduce camping:
    Cut the overall time on the hook by half.
    This way, survivors would feel pressured instead of the killer.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    That’s probably one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard. Your toxic teammates already let you sit on the hook until the END of struggle phase and don’t attempt to help until the VERY LAST second. The survivors aren’t going to feel pressured, they just aren’t going to save you and MORE than likely you’ll either die on the first hook or get to the end of struggle phase and almost die but get instantly knocked back down due to a campy killer. The timing now is pretty spot on. That’s nothing but a killer buff and would shave down time on a match, this thread was about reducing killers camping. We’ve all been camped but there isn’t much you can do about it rather than hope you get a killer who doesn’t camp you and hit you over and over again while you are on the hook like a moron.
  • Sin_A_Man_BunZ
    Sin_A_Man_BunZ Member Posts: 11
    Options

Look at it this way, if a killer camps ONE survivor for the entire hook dying process, technically the other three survivors could complete three generators in that amount of time. The killer doesn't get any additional points (for chasing, hitting, hunting) they are only getting the full hook and sacrifice points.

Pips don't really matter in this game, what's important are both BloodPoints and Shards. You earn the most of both by fully playing each match. If a killer wants to hard camp a hooked survivor, then let them. As a survivor, just go do what you need to get out and move-on. The killer is only hurting themselves by camping and if they chose to make the grind even harder by costing themselves both B.P. and I.S. then let them. Hopefully they'll change tactic and learn it's typically a better strategy to not camp.

Yes, camping sucks for the person being camped cuz they get low B.P and I.S. out of it. Yes if they had an item they lose it. Yes it's unfun for the other survivors too.... but it's not going to happen every single match to the same person. Are you really going to completely ruin your day and possible hours of enjoyment because that ONE Leatherface stood right in your face with his chainsaw prepped until you died?

It's a game, matches don't last long. There are thousands of killers waiting to play against the thousands of survivors lurking around. It's ok to be frustrated, annoyed, angry even sad about how the match turned out but just keep telling yourself "It's just a game".

My personal way of handling frustrating matches like that is to just move-on to another match ASAP and hope it turns out better than the last one. Worst case scenario, if it seems like the game in general is tilting or aggravating me a little more than normal ... I'll just stop playing it for a few hours and come back later or just wait til the next day. There are other games to play and things I can do and I refuse to let a silly game get me that angry and upset.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@Tsulan said:

Actually, it used to be shorter. It just made camping that much more effective as the killer was less likely to be bored into leaving the hook. What we have is currently the better solution as gens are soloed faster than it takes for somebody to die on first hook.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@DepravedKiller said:
    Dude it's his first post!, @bruhtrain the devs love feedback but they are aware of camping and tunneling.

They have said during the Q & A stream this is part of the game. The killer can decide to camp the hook or leave it.
    No Changes in the near future to implement anything to counter it.

However with that being said they might take your idea into consideration but they normally don't punish players.

From what I understand, they prefer to "reward" people for not-camping instead (BBQ, Make your Choice). I prefer this way of thinking, it's more positive. Either way you still have Borrowed Time if needed.

• Tsulan
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:

@Tsulan said:

Actually, it used to be shorter. It just made camping that much more effective as the killer was less likely to be bored into leaving the hook. What we have is currently the better solution as gens are soloed faster than it takes for somebody to die on first hook.

It took the pressure off the survivors. Killers are the only ones which feel pressured in a horror game.
    This needs to change.

• FrenziedRoach
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    It took the pressure off the survivors. Killers are the only ones which feel pressured in a horror game.
    This needs to change.

Pressure can be added in the chase itself, it doesn't need to be added on the hook. To be fair, camping is sort of cheesy so making it a risky play is the best way to balance it out.

It's still viable against most survivors - their own greed and misplaced empathy works against them more often than not.

• Tsulan
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:

@Tsulan said:
    This needs to change.

Pressure can be added in the chase itself, it doesn't need to be added on the hook. To be fair, camping is sort of cheesy so making it a risky play is the best way to balance it out.

It's still viable against most survivors - their own greed and misplaced empathy works against them more often than not.

Camping is as much as fun (or as cheesy) as running in circles.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

you're wasting your time. hes not hearing it....

You can't acknowledge something that isn't true.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@Tsulan said:
    This needs to change.

Putting pressure into chases is much more viable than camping. Shaving down time on the hook is only gonna make killers camp more. If the killer chases one survivor for 5 gens then oh well...you gotta patrol gens and not waste your time on one survivor
  • Tsulan
    Options

@MegMain98 said:
    Tsulan said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

@Tsulan said:

This needs to change.

Pressure can be added in the chase itself, it doesn't need to be added on the hook.  To be fair, camping is sort of cheesy so making it a risky play is the best way to balance it out.

Putting pressure into chases is much more viable than camping. Shaving down time on the hook is only gonna make killers camp more. If the killer chases one survivor for 5 gens then oh well...you gotta patrol gens and not waste your time on one survivor

On high ranks, every survivor knows how to keep the killer busy. Since looping is so brain dead easy. Without ruin, there are 3 gens done, by the time the killer downed the first survivor. Thats because gens can be done in less than 80 seconds. Thats the same time bloodlust 3 kicks in. Which resets at a pallet or when the killer hits.
    With ruin, the killer has roughly 30 to 60 seconds more time, before the totems gets cleansed. But sometimes survivors don´t even bother in destroying the totem. I´ve seen matches with ruin active. Where the gens took 4 minutes to complete.
    1 killer can´t pressure 4 survivors at the same time. If a survivor isn´t chased he´s doing a gen. Killer can only chase 1 or he´ll lose all his progress he made in hurting them, when he switches target. Since every survivor uses SC.

• FrenziedRoach
    Options

@Tsulan said:

Never said it wasn't.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    I really wish there was some kind if filter to automatically delete posts complaining about camping/tunneling or SWF and proposing "fixes" for them.

We can same the same thing about SWF and camping - the devs have made it clear that it's an intended part of the game and it's time to just deal with that reality, annoying as it may be.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

@Baphomett said:
    I really wish there was some kind if filter to automatically delete posts complaining about camping/tunneling or SWF and proposing "fixes" for them.

We can same the same thing about SWF and camping - the devs have made it clear that it's an intended part of the game and it's time to just deal with that reality, annoying as it may be.

Except ongoing games benefit from change. If you let the game get stale it will be less engaging. Very few games actually maintains its popularity when it remains the same. I agree that complaining isn't enough solutions and suggestions are good they help the game change for better or worse. As for the current meta i feel like buffing trappers and hags trapping to be in line with these hyper fast games is going to be hugely problematic as their weaknesses are geared towards survivors disarming. their equipment. These killer were always intended to have this weakness rather then deal with the problematic elements swf, bad map design, toolbox repair speeds and hex totem spawns. These elements should be prioritized. If Friday the 13th got something right it was communicating via radio. Survivors would have to search for radios to be able to communicate.

Someone had a rather cool idea of having killers tag team to face a bigger group of survivors. This would add a whole dimension to this game. It would take a lot of work but it would give killers a chance to communicate and work together. Even in games like league of legends teamwork is so powerful they made it so you can't queue up in ranked with anything beyond up to two players. If you want to queue up with a team against a solo player with coms and balance the game so killer can stand a reasonable chance to beat them it is not gonna be balanced for solo players queuing up by themselves. Why not just create an swf geared DBD mode with maybe two killers? Or just increased gen timers or hex totems cleansing times. How are any of these solutions unreasonable? I mean we do have one other option as killer. Just dodge but is that a fair way to deal with swf?

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Found the entiteled survivor main with no real argument.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Holy originality, Batman. He called me an entitled survivor main. I've never heard that before here. Should I be as original as him and call him an entitled salty killer main?
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Yes, definitely.  And tell him BBQ is OP.  Just let me make some popcorn first.
  • krayziek
    krayziek Member Posts: 21
    Options

I'm a killer main and I won't camp unless the survivor does a bunch of stupid stuff. If the survivor wants to be a dick I'll do whatever I can to keep them from getting points. But on the flip side if I kill the survivors quick I'll let the last one go at the hatch.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Camping is a strat. Although it isn't very fun, it's still legit
    Post edited by DocFabron on
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

and another one who wants to punish killers for camping ._.
    just REWARD them for NOT camping. same concept, but instead of giving the killers ANOTHER nerf, which would probaply just kill them, give hem a buff.

• Glebu
    Glebu Member Posts: 56
    Options

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Holy originality, Batman. He called me an entitled survivor main. I've never heard that before here. Should I be as original as him and call him an entitled salty killer main?
    Maybe you hear that a lot because you are entitled
    Tell me 1 counter that every killer has against swf
    Saying "git gud" wont work because there is a limit to how good you can get as killer
  • DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

This is me listening to both sides of the arguments like

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

This is me listening to both sides of the arguments like

That second gif is fabulous kek.
  • MusicBox
    MusicBox Member Posts: 33
    Options

I been playing dbd for a month or so n i been on both sides of the hook
    As a killer that camps u lose 3 gens to 1 surv n thats if they don't use any toolboxes/perks
    Even if ur camped u can be saved by good cooperation (When ur on with swf u probly will be saved )
    Camping might give a killer win cuz of they sruv greed to save 1 or it might lose him the game cuz he spend so much time for 1 person on hook .
    Its a double edage sword surv have to deal with after all its a killer game they have to adapt to the killer not the killer to them .

• Tsulan
    Options
    Want to stop killers from camping? Buff BBQ and make devour hope a normal perk.

Killers won't camp anymore.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

@Baphomett said:
    Yes, definitely.  And tell him BBQ is OP.  Just let me make some popcorn first.

Honestly bbq is op but stealth isn't what strong for survivor now. The chase is ridiculously hard to mind game now on account of the red stain (i am aware of looking away trick) and gens get done so fast you have to be on a chase at all times. Developers wanted to make the game all about the chase so BBQ's effect plays into the core gameplay of dbd. Hilariously most good survivors use BBQ to mind game the killer into thinking there going a specific direction. The only problem with this perk is how it gets abused by mobile killers like billy and nurse.

Honestly certain perks should be straight up locked off from other killers and certain survivor perks should not be combined. For instance perks like object and ds should not be usable with sprint burst and adrenaline as it makes the survivor far too strong. Then their are combos like BBQ and make your choice on nuslrse which is just broken. The problem is that this game got too heavily power creeped and now balancing the game is a nightmare scenario.

• MusicBox
    Options

@Tsulan said:

Making devour hope a normal non hex perk is a bit to strong
    Its a trade off as a hex but killers who can down a surv fast would abuse it without surv begin able to disable it . u just need to hang 3 ppl n they are already exposed so if u would want that if would need to be reworked .
    But since its honestly a good perk i don't think it would be needed

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

camp is produced for the rush of gens, if u rush or t-bag = camp. That is the rule of the killer

• Tsulan
    Options

@MusicBox said:

@Tsulan said:

Its a trade off as a hex but killers who can down a surv fast would abuse it without surv begin able to disable it . u just need to hang 3 ppl n they are already exposed so if u would want that if would need to be reworked .

You mean like survivors abusing fast gen repair times or doing only 2 gens and then escaping via the hatch?

• MusicBox
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@MusicBox said:

@Tsulan said:

You mean like survivors abusing fast gen repair times or doing only 2 gens and then escaping via the hatch?

There are end game perks like bloody warden no ed wich helps u kill as a killer if they do rush it that fast .
    and hatch is open for 1 player that is last alive unless they have a key but the'y won't have 1 every game.
    Soon killers will be able to close the hatch Happy ?

• Tsulan
    Options

@MusicBox said:

@Tsulan said:

@MusicBox said:

@Tsulan said:

There are end game perks like bloody warden no ed wich helps u kill as a killer if they do rush it that fast .
    and hatch is open for 1 player that is last alive unless they have a key but the'y won't have 1 every game.
    Soon killers will be able to close the hatch Happy ?

Blood Warden gives the killer a 3 second time window to hook someone after the gate has been opened (uhhh soooo powerful!)
    NOED either gets cleansed before it comes active, or 30 seconds after. It is only effective against rank 20-15 players.
    Hatch is a free escape for the side that failed to do their only objective. There is no such mechanic for killers failing their only objective. Why?
    Hatch closing is not final, because survivors complained that doing a gen to open the hatch is to hard.
    Happy now?

• MusicBox
    edited July 2018
    Options

No ed can't be clesned when the gens are up frend .
    Surv complain about anything n closing hatch is honestly a good point cuz they surv have to earn their esacpe not mearly complain bout it begin ,,hard''
    And i see high rank killers use bloody warden sometimes in thier vids n using it coretly .
    And after all u will be in a chase the whole game so unless they will rush to get the hell out i think u will be able to use blood warden .
    I run games around 10 rank as a killer n no ed saved me few games already .
    Even if closing of the hatch will be not added we will find a way around ~
    Every killer got their use to out smart surv
    Even a hag can be deadly when u know what u do .
    (I had a game where ppl rushed gens n no ed made me 3 kills when the 4th crawled his ass out of the exit )
    And if u don't like surv that much go Shape go for killing in Evil within 3 n just kill anyone u see .They will hate u and they will be runing hell away from ya ~

• Tsulan
    Options
    MusicBox said:

Surv complain about anything n closing hatch is honestly a good point cuz they surv have to earn their esacpe not mearly complain bout it begin ,,hard''
    And i see high rank killers use bloody warden sometimes in thier vids n using it coretly .
    And after all u will be in a chase the whole game so unless they will rush to get the hell out i think u will be able to use blood warden .
    (I had a game where ppl rushed gens n no ed made me 3 kills when the 4th crawled his ass out of the exit )
    And if u don't like surv that much go Shape go for killing in Evil within 3 n just kill anyone u see .They will hate u and they will be runing hell away from ya ~

Of course you can cleanse noed before the gates are powered. If survivors cleanse all normal totems, it can't spawn.

Hatch shouldn't even be in the game. It's a poor mechanic to reduce the chance of survivors taking the game hostage. It only rewards failure. It doesn't reward the best player. Only the one who managed to hide in a locker.

Blood Warden only works if you down a survivor and wait until the gates are open, before you hook. If it's swf and one died, you won't get a chance to use it. Survivors will open the gate and instantly leave. Same goes for noed.

Watching high rank streamers is NOT the same as playing high rank yourself.

Oh and Hag can be stronger than Nurse. Just wait for the update.
  • LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    MusicBox said:

Of course you can cleanse noed before the gates are powered. If survivors cleanse all normal totems, it can't spawn.

Hatch shouldn't even be in the game. It's a poor mechanic to reduce the chance of survivors taking the game hostage. It only rewards failure. It doesn't reward the best player. Only the one who managed to hide in a locker.

Blood Warden only works if you down a survivor and wait until the gates are open, before you hook. If it's swf and one died, you won't get a chance to use it. Survivors will open the gate and instantly leave. Same goes for noed.

Watching high rank streamers is NOT the same as playing high rank yourself.

Oh and Hag can be stronger than Nurse. Just wait for the update.
    Seriously Hag Buff looks good but she will NEVER EVER EVER BEAT THE NURSE WITH HER NEW BUFF

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    Options
    Tsulan said:

Lol he’ll yeah. My SwF crushing strategy is camp the first person. But I probably wouldn’t with thsi