Survivors entitled mindset on how the game should be played

Options
Someissues
Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

At mostly high ranked some survivors have this mindset that Killers should not be tunneling and camping, without knowing that if you don't you have a high chance of losing, sure you don't have to camp if you play the stronger killers but if you are playing the weaker ones most likely you are forced to camp and tunnel

I made a new account for some testing and it's on Public, I have been constantly playing the game as the Nurse, got trash-talk and tons of comments on my profile saying how trash I am, tunneler, camper and what not, only a few games I had people escaped with a majority on 3/4K

The account was new so I only had 13 hours in it and I reached Rank 5 already, yet the number of people I come across a lot of them instantly thinks I am hacking cuz it's impossible how you're this good, your hours etc, it got worst at lower rank cuz I started out with no perks despite the game lasting longer since I don't have Whispers so the last guy takes much longer to find

I then did 10 games or so on high ranked where I hook everyone 3 times then let everyone leaves, help drop them on exit gates, some are really rude and will spam T-bag at the exit gates. they would say GG at the end screen that's it, and will not comment on my profile at all

Getting 3 hooks on every survivor the Nurse is probably easier than other Killers, I cannot imagine how it would be like if I was playing Freddy, Pig/ Leatherface etc

Now this is really stupid since these people would block you if you do not play the way they want, using such program really should be a bannable offense, since I had a Dynamic IP so this is not an issue

in some cases even if you go after new survivors they would still call you Camping/ Tunneling, as long as you Kill them, if you let them leave most of them will even say nothing and just left the game, but if you do kill them they will leave their insults and such on your comments wall

Comments

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

You are bad as long as you play killer. Thats my view and i wont stop playing by the game's rules just because of some "imaginary" rule set that some randoms have or made anyways. If they get angry then so be it.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    True. Survivors feel like every single one of them should be able to escape and that can't be true. A great killer should be able to get at least a 3K, AND the only reason that one got away was because of the hatch. Have you tried Identity V? Not saying that you should leave dbd but they have this kind of balance. I have 3/40+ games I actually lost as a hunter. Dbd needs that balance.
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Have you tried Identity V? Not saying that you should leave dbd but they have this kind of balance. I have 3/40+ games I actually lost as a hunter. Dbd needs that balance.
    Sounds unbalanced.
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    thekiller490490 said:

Have you tried Identity V? Not saying that you should leave dbd but they have this kind of balance. I have 3/40+ games I actually lost as a hunter. Dbd needs that balance.

Sounds unbalanced.

Thats because asymetrical games should be unbalanced in favor of the power role not 50-50 like in dbd.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Thats because asymetrical games should be unbalanced in favor of the power role not 50-50 like in dbd.

Never said it shouldn't be.

Besides, it doesn't change the fact that the devs pefer to balance killers around 2 survivors.
  • Someissues
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    thekiller490490 said:

Sounds unbalanced.

In Identity V 2 kills means it's a Draw for both sides, Killers must on minimum getting 3 kills to win a match

You can still loop killers to death like in DBD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLlUqe33qNQ

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Gotta love this community

• greivous654321
    greivous654321 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    To be honest I play PS4, I say the survivors on that is more saltier because if they want to message you to have to literally go to your profile by clicking your name and then click Send message and then wait and then type in the message which takes about 20 seconds, but they do say the exact same things as they do on PC, thing is Killers is a lot harder to play on consoles just because of that frame rate and the controller, first Killers have a set sensitivity for camera, nurse is basically Impossible on consoles unless you use a keyboard and the mouse. Which is expensive to get for consoles. All in all I still love this game no matter how much I want to pull my hair out.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

I have stoped caring long ago.
    Play as you want and simply ignore the aftergame chat or take it as compliment when they insult you cus you killed them.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    To be honest I play PS4, I say the survivors on that is more saltier because if they want to message you to have to literally go to your profile by clicking your name and then click Send message and then wait and then type in the message which takes about 20 seconds, but they do say the exact same things as they do on PC, thing is Killers is a lot harder to play on consoles just because of that frame rate and the controller, first Killers have a set sensitivity for camera, nurse is basically Impossible on consoles unless you use a keyboard and the mouse. Which is expensive to get for consoles. All in all I still love this game no matter how much I want to pull my hair out.
    Nurse isn’t impossible on console. I play her alright with controller. Just have to set your sensitivity to 100% and get used to it. 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options

Mc_Harty said:

Besides, it doesn't change the fact that the devs pefer to balance killers around 2 survivors.
    2 Survivors that suck balls and play like they’ve got a collective time of 200 hours on the game. 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@SovererignKing said:
    Mc_Harty said:

pauloandrade22 said:

2 Survivors that suck balls and play like they’ve got a collective time of 200 hours on the game. 

Devs ARE rank 16....

• MusicBox
    MusicBox Member Posts: 33
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Mc_Harty said:

pauloandrade22 said:

Devs ARE rank 16....

HONLY seriusly rank 16 ? are we talking bout surv or killer tho
    I play as a hag and ppl don't even GG me when i do 3/4k
    But i would love to see their face when they T bag when they stun pallet me/Flash light n at the end they up at the hook sacreficed ~
    and mobile dbd its kinda nice i did't play all killers but its kinda good i 4k most ppl but i had game were they could decode rush .

• Someissues
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    Devs ARE rank 16....

Yep this is true except Not Queen who was Rank 8 last season, she doesn't play alot so she almost never got to Rank 1 lately

I deliberately played bad today and the guy looped me for 5 gens when I was Leatherface, 0 kills and got called Cheater imao, then proceed to write on my profile as follow

survivor's mindset is amazing

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Someissues said:

@Jack11803 said:
    Devs ARE rank 16....

Yep this is true except Not Queen who was Rank 8 last season, she doesn't play alot so she almost never got to Rank 1 lately

I deliberately played bad today and the guy looped me for 5 gens when I was Leatherface, 0 kills and got called Cheater imao, then proceed to write on my profile as follow

survivor's mindset is amazing

Yet you ignore it when killers do it to survivors though, I've had killers get super salty over the fact they just played bad. I've had killers say ez and gloat both post game and on profiles when all they did was camp from 1st hook.

I've had survivors do the same, stop acting like it's just 1 side with this entitlement/mindset crap and acting like it's one sided. It just makes all those on either side that pretend it's only 1 sided look like a bunch of whiny entitled 6 year olds.

• Someissues
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Yet you ignore it when killers do it to survivors though, I've had killers get super salty over the fact they just played bad. I've had killers say ez and gloat both post game and on profiles when all they did was camp from 1st hook.

I've had survivors do the same, stop acting like it's just 1 side with this entitlement/mindset crap and acting like it's one sided. It just makes all those on either side that pretend it's only 1 sided look like a bunch of whiny entitled 6 year olds.

Most Killers on High ranked leaves the moment game ends, even if it's ggez it;s just a way of defending themselves, ggez is less insulting compared to survivor insults where they accuse you of cheating, camping, tunneling etc

survivors do this more than killers, pretty much the truth for DBD community

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

I don't know why people keep bringing this type of thread up. It has been talked about at least 20 other times and there is no rule set on how to play a killer or survivor. Whoever can play more optimally and smart will be the winner no matter what.

• powerbats
    Options

@Someissues said:

@powerbats said:

Most Killers on High ranked leaves the moment game ends, even if it's ggez it;s just a way of defending themselves, ggez is less insulting compared to survivor insults where they accuse you of cheating, camping, tunneling etc

survivors do this more than killers, pretty much the truth for DBD community

I always try and say gg or joke with the killer, if it's a newb on either side I give them words of advice and encouragement. You'll get more saltiness on average from survivors because there's 4 in every lobby versus only one killer.

The point is acting like it's only 1 side doing this childish and immature.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    If you don't DC as soon as the match starts, you're a camper/tunneller.

Don't live by these stupid rules survivors made up. Bathe in the salt and be proud you got your win fair and square
  • powerbats
    Options

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    If you don't DC as soon as the match starts, you're a camper/tunneller.

Don't live by these stupid rules survivors made up. Bathe in the salt and be proud you got your win fair and square

This right here shows the hypocrisy of certain killers while ignoring the made up killer rules. When survivors win fair and square it's cheating. That's why we bathe in the salt of killers like the poster above. :pirate:

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options
    And therein enters the problem. Both sides are at fault in many ways.

Survivors swapping in flashlights at the last second to be troll pricks and simply blind the killer any time they get.

Killers that dc the moment their totem is broken.

Obsessions that dc the moment they are dropped or fail a d-strike.

95% of the cannibal mains that refuse to get good with the killer beyond camping, tunneling, or 1-hook moriing.

Don't even get me STARTED on the behavior of people during the Howling Grounds event. Honestly I feel as though that's when the toxicity went into high gear on both sides and I don't know if relations can be mended so we can talk about this sort of stuff objectively and not like a couple of rival high school sports teams...
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited July 2018
    Options
    And therein enters the problem. . .

. . . Don't even get me STARTED on the behavior of people during the Howling Grounds event. Honestly I feel as though that's when the toxicity went into high gear on both sides and I don't know if relations can be mended so we can talk about this sort of stuff objectively and not like a couple of rival high school sports teams...
    Could you explain how players peaked in toxicity during the event? I played a good amount of time during that event (enough to get both cosmetics) and I only encountered maybe one toxic player out of all of the ones I encountered during the event.
  • powerbats
    Options

I didn't get the game till just after it sadly, stupid Gamestop ahd computer issues and couldn't sell me the steam cards or the game dlc code. I think anytime there's a big event the rolls come out of the woodwork so to speak. similar to the dbl bp event.

The major problem is they sadly never went back into hiding after it was over.

• MusicBox
    MusicBox Member Posts: 33
    Options

Honestly its not about Killer or a surv side
    Its simple PPL are dicks
    It does not depend on if hes a killer or if hes a surv .
    Role don't make u begin a salty af ~
    Is the person who plays thats the problem n that dear frend we will never be able to fix .
    I been camped n said fck it open my browser put some music n enjoyed as he was watching me while 3 gens were done n surv was 3alive 1 dead .
    And i had a match as a killer where i was ######### by swf with all having flashlights t baging calling ez etc etc
    We are dealing with ppl some ppl are dicks we have to deal with it ~
    Nothing can be perfect ~ maybe besides ur dream girl/boy ~ ( and a strawberry cake ~)

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

@pauloandrade22 said:
    You are bad as long as you play killer. Thats my view and i wont stop playing by the game's rules just because of some "imaginary" rule set that some randoms have or made anyways. If they get angry then so be it.

This is why i had so much friggen fun camping cos i know how much that sends them into a rage. I am not playing by their rules.

Play by their rules and with killers other than top tier you will lose every single game.

No thanks. I need to fill my saltshaker.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

@Zanfer said:
    I don't know why people keep bringing this type of thread up. It has been talked about at least 20 other times and there is no rule set on how to play a killer or survivor. Whoever can play more optimally and smart will be the winner no matter what.

To inform the new fresh meat of where they belong. On the hook! Now add salt to the meat.

• DeathSpark
    DeathSpark Member Posts: 41
    Options

-I usually say that( if looping its allowed and body blocking, why camping and tunneling isn't, stop crying,if i see you close to the hook, why should i leave?).it not just sounds fair, its more unfair for the killer, in the time that you camp 1 you lose 3 gens.if you tunnel its the same,2 if someone body blocks or lanterns the killer.

• Zanfer
    Options

@Envees said:

@Zanfer said:

To inform the new fresh meat of where they belong. On the hook! Now add salt to the meat.

True haha on a juicy hook in my basement :chuffed:

• powerbats
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@Envees said:

@Zanfer said:

True haha on a juicy hook in my basement :chuffed:

You're a pathetic killer if you do that and at least don't bring a campfire to keep them warm in that damp musty basement.Oh and don't forget to bring Marshmallows for roasting.

• Zanfer
    Options

Nah I am mean, I just let them rot to death. I'm greedy and want the Marshmallows all to my self cause fat.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

I remember when MLGA was supported by the devs. And im not sure but even if its not supported anymore, you can still get blocked by that thing or there may be similar programs for sure.

This obviously is a cheating and banneable offence but it hard for the devs to detect this things.. But i know when im blocked by someone because you get that green ping guy that leaves the lobby for "no reason".

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Irisora said:
    I remember when MLGA was supported by the devs. And im not sure but even if its not supported anymore, you can still get blocked by that thing or there may be similar programs for sure.

This obviously is a cheating and banneable offence but it hard for the devs to detect this things.. But i know when im blocked by someone because you get that green ping guy that leaves the lobby for "no reason"

They whitelisted it for it's Ping indicator as the game didn't have one yet. (there was a time that's pretty much all it did). When it added the ability to block certain people because they didn't play like you wanted, they started to frown upon it. Soon as the devs gave the game it's own ping indicator, they removed it from the whitelist and said "use at your own risk".

• Someone
    Someone Member Posts: 11
    Options

Some people should learn that camping and tunneling are strategies. Of course it's not good being camped or tunneled but it's not against the rules. Even killer perks confirms it. Like Insidious is a perk made for camping and obsession related perks for tunneling. It's pretty obvious but it seems some people don't understand it.
    Just ignore completely game chat or just write GG and don't react to negative remarks. This makes this kind of people even more salty.