The Demogorgon is Disrupting the Meta, not being Overpowered.

Options
CaptainNapkin
CaptainNapkin Member Posts: 6
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

We all know that Demogorgon is gonna be nerfed upon its release. They did it with Plauge and the Ghostface, so why not Demogorgon? There's alot of talk between whether Demogorgon is Overpowered, underpowered, or it's in a good spot for both downsides and rewards for good play.

The Demogorgon is being made to where its supposed to disrupt the current meta, not being OP, and this is why.

[tedtalk music plays]

The Demogorgon's portals, if placed in good spots, can remove the need for the perk, "Barbecue and Chili", and possibly, "Whispers". The perk "Whispers" is a reliable perk to count on whenever its the beginning of the game, and both the killer and survivors are trying to get the game going. Now, Portals aren't the best for the beginning of the game as they don't start placed out for you, so "Whispers" is still reliable to use, but if portals are placed near generators and your too far away to be in Whispers range, you can see if the survivors are near that generator. Now, it doesn't completely remove the need for "Whispers", it just mildly lessens it's ability to track upon long distances.

"Barbecue and Chili", however, is currently the best tracking perk in the game for killers as it allows the killer to practically see every survivor in the game that's farther than 40 meters from the hooked survivor for 4 seconds. Now, if the Demogorgon's Portals have not been destroyed, and they are placed near Generators, they can instantly give away their position to the killer, putting them in a terrible position. Now, I'm not saying that "Barbecue and Chili" and "Whispers" are worthless to killers now, I'm just giving you the more risky, and a bit less effective alternatives to hopefully save a perk alot for you so you can get more use out of other perks instead of the same, regular build you've been using for 4 weeks or longer.

These are mainly suggestions and do not obstruct your ability to play the game. I don't make the meta, only the community does.

But in all honesty, we need a buff to the perk, "MindBreaker".

Comments