Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Status Effects?

So what you're telling me is for two Killers most of our perks are out the window? There are multiple perks that require us to see the Killers aura to survive. We have no weapons or anything to really stave off the killer. The pallets were reduced. Killers have many tools at their disposal to one hit down us.

Now you're going to add two more ridiculous, almost game breaking status effects to the Killers? Do you WANT survivors to leave? I understand a challenge and the asymmetrical game play. But this is ridiculous. Things are hard enough as it is and the fact you're taking away the use of a lot of helpful perks with this new status effect is bull.

Do you have something against Survivors? Wanting to make it seemingly impossible to win? Your polls already indicate that survivors lose most of the time anyway. A 30-50% success rate isn't a good thing.

We should have the pallets restored to the original number. Some way of combating these new status effects. We already have two killers that don't initially have a terror radius, and you're making it so two more do as well? If a Killer passes through where a pallet is, we should be able to pull it down. We're already wiggling and flailing our arms around. Makes sense. Some way to combat Iron Grasp.

ALL these issues that could balance the game play to, while it still being difficult, could help us so the killer has to find alternate routes to a hook. Detectives Hunch would also be nice to be reworked the same way Dark Sense was, that way we have an increased chance of helping us get rid of NOED, especially win the new status effects.

Truthfully, I don't want to win all the time. That would be boring. But the BLATANT, INCREASING amount of odds stacked against us is making the game harder and harder to play and we're getting nothing to combat it. Yeah, Dark Sense was reworked, but if the new status effects are used, it renders the perk useless. Already is against Myers.

Dark Sense, Kindred, and Alert to name a few are rendered completely useless at detecting the killer with 3 Killers (including Myers). That's THREE OUT OF FOUR PERKS USELESS for finding killers.

Comments

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

I'm a survivor main and i agree. what you've said is completely absurd.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

We'll you see killers complained about survivors being op now survivors say this now go figure lol

Also if I was you I would just play the game instead of saying so you want survivors to leave of course they don't want that to happen so just stop with your whinning and play the game:)

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    edited September 2019

Honestly I could care less about Oblivious being introduced as a killer I don't really see the point for it mostly, Undetectable was necessary for certain killers that relied entirely on stealth, I still think spine chill should work against them maybe at a shorter distance but Object of obsession vs Ghostface or Wraith was punishing.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Also I'm guessing your new here? Just by looking at the number of post you did.

Also if your new some survivors are fine with this change:) so instead of whinning about the change learn to hide and play the game. Also watch some tips on youtube trust me you get better at the game:)

I felt the same way when I first got in to the game now I'm enjoying the game.

• slaya
    slaya Member Posts: 30

I agree @RIP_Legion

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

You'll be fine

• Miku_mew85
    Miku_mew85 Member Posts: 4

For one thing, I am not new although I appreciate the concern and advice. I'm a rank 8 and have been to rank 5. My right to complain about what I dislike or disagree on is just as much valid as everyone else's opinions. How many posts I have on forums doesn't connote my familiarity with the game.

Like I said, I don't want to win all the time. I appreciate asymmetrical gameplay, and no one side should be able to win 100%. There are things that need to be tweaked or changed.

Being rude to someone because you disagree with them doesn't render their opinion invalid. Sometimes survivors are salty for no reason, I will give some that. Playing both survivor and killer is easier to see where things can be tweaked to make it unfair to a point of better playability, but not too easily.

Someone voicing their opinion with substantial evidence or reasoning isn't whining. But I appreciate your comments either way.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I mean they have made add ons that completely take out perks so why not continue with status effects. Lol

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

Who upvotes post like this

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Spine Chill and Premonition are not affected by these status effects. They will still work the same way they do now.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

They can't think of anything other for us to do then work on generators, so survivors will continue to get nerfed. The exhaustion status was the first of many to come, now you see map reworks, less pallets (and further away), killers ridiculous hitboxes + lunges, and overpowered perks every single chapter. While survivors get 6 more gutter perks this DLC lmao. So yeah, this is just how it is unfortunately. Sad state of the game.

• Johnny_XMan

@DudeDelicious The only difference is that Michael can’t crouch and is much slower in T1 EW.

• Omegargon
    Omegargon Member Posts: 31

Yeah so you want Object of Obsession reveal stealth killers all the game ? Sound good

• Johnny_XMan
    edited September 2019

@DudeDelicious Well you used Michael as an example and I happen to main him... so I thought I’d give my 2 cents because he is not anywhere near being Pig/Wraith/Ghostface stealthy.

You really don’t realize how powerful being stealthy as a killer is until you are able to gen grab as Michael. I never felt the NEED for more stealth on him, so I guess I should thank the devs for giving him an unnecessary status effect.

If the status applies each time they crouch or cloak, that to me makes some survivor perks seem useless. Especially on perks that weren’t even anywhere near OP to begin with. They can rework stealth all they want, just don’t trash perks along the way.

• Johnny_XMan

@DudeDelicious

Undetectable should not be a 24/7 status effect just because you’re crouched.

As I mentioned before... even Michael’s T1 EW undetectable feels more balanced (He is slower while staying fairly visible).

They should have at least changed detection perks to be more in line with these changes not completely render them useless. More specifically Spine Chill and Premonition.