Q&A: Stranger Things and 3.2.0

Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

Another update, another Q&A! As always, if you have any questions about the new chapter or any other change in the update, feel free to ask below. We'll take some of the best questions and get them answered as soon as possible.

Rules

• One question per person.
  • Please keep questions on topic.
  • Please check if your question has already been asked first.
  • Only questions are allowed. Non-question posts will be removed.

Questions about balance will not be answered. It's been under a day since the release, we don't want to make any knee jerk reactions.

Post edited by Peanits on

Comments

• volcomvallely7
    volcomvallely7 Member Posts: 3

I've looked around but haven't found a straight answer yet: do you have an idea of when the Stranger Things DLC pack will be available? I want those cosmetics :p

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Will we see any changes to the new map?

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    edited September 2019

when will stealth killers gain the undetectable status effect?

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

What will replace The Demogorgon's ultra rare add on that shred pallets?

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Why doesn't Of the Abyss have a charge bar like other similar actions?

• Cancan71
    Cancan71 Member Posts: 709

If a survivor is affected by the Oblivious status effect, will they be able to use perks that only function in the terror radius like for example Borrowed Time, Diversion and Stake Out?

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

How was your day? Gotta be civil lol

• JasonDark86
    JasonDark86 Member Posts: 5

Why are dlc survivors uglier and scarier than the killer himself?

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Any chance of another Netflix crossover in the future?

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182

Why is does surge not have any direct synergy with perks such as overcharge, surveillance, etc.? Makes the perk significantly less useful.

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403

Can we get a weighted frequency/drop rate for the new map please?

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

In the next update the demogorgon will be able to destroy pallets as base kit, whats the reason behind this change? And what will happen to that red addon? I suggest more distance for the lunge attack

• whitehyena
    whitehyena Member Posts: 28

Can you buy Nancy Steve or the demogorgan with crystals I've saved up 18000 for this update to buy two characters but won't give me the option to buy

• Will you bring back the old dark map, lobby lighting or not?

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

Why does the Demogorgon have to go through portals first in order to activate the killer instinct reading on survivors around it? That costs precious time.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Will you look into Buffing Solidarity? Maybe having it remove status effects from other people you heal.

• FarFromDead
    FarFromDead Member Posts: 7

My question is will there ever or has ther been any talk about cross platform and mouse and keyboard support for ps4

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

What is the difference between a Survivor being Oblivious and a Killer being Undetectable? Does an Undetectable Killer place the Oblivious status effect on all Survivors without alerting them?

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

How does the new matchmaking work in detail?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Can you buff Camaraderie? It's beyond trash and has the opposite effect for camping killers.

• Zensunim
    Zensunim Member Posts: 157

Player rank, prestiges and characters levels are showing up in random lobbies. I like this. Can we keep this please?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited September 2019

Q - How are you going to try to appeal to the influx of new players coming in for the Stranger Things chapter?

• SillierHorizon5
    SillierHorizon5 Member Posts: 17

will there be a hotfix soon to fix the game i really want to play it but swf doesnt work most of the

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

Is there a reason the Demogorgon has to place the portals on flat ground? I could understand not being able to place them on steep inclines such as the hills or staircases, but even the gentle slopes on the edges of the swamp maps are enough to create large dead zones where you can't place any of your portals.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited September 2019

Have you ever thought about killers having a "home-field advantage" maybe lowering the terror radius by a 1/3 for the killer on their maps. Nurse and clown/crotus penn and chapel, doctor treatment, etc...Something would be needed for Ghostface but it doesn't feel game breaking and can add another element to the game.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    edited September 2019

What are the new "items" that were advertised, and when will they be released?

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited September 2019

Is there a chance you'll be removing the "Down with a Basic attack" requirement for surge? It didn't work out well for Infectious Fright, and it's not working well for surge either.

• Kotentopf
    Kotentopf Member Posts: 276

Will Surveillance work with Surge? I tried it but i had no scenario where it could trigger. The Description of Surveillance says "All regressing Generators will be highlighted by a white Aura." (or similar. The text is logicaly linkable to "must not be kicked explicit")

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529

Is killers with an instadown ever going to get more points in brutality like you did with ghostface? Many killers are currently missing out on alot of juicy bloodpoints.

• Omegargon
    Omegargon Member Posts: 31

Can we have any hints about Quentin's rework ?

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Why are we allowed to see Rank and Prestige Levels again?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Will the Stranger Things characters continue to receive new cosmetics, and if so, will they be restricted to clothing they wore in the series?

For example: Scoops Ahoy for Nancy.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278

Will you buff Surge?

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

It is possible that in the future there will be a more cosmetics for Demo, Nancy and Steve? 😁

• Lithuanian
    Lithuanian Member Posts: 141

Will the Rift be available for shards aswell?

• FOGSolid
    FOGSolid Member Posts: 4

Do you think the new perks are good as they are right now? Do you think some perks still need to be tweaked/buffed/nerfed?

This discussion has been closed.