We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

New map sucks

MonsterInMyMind
MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

I love how i see people claiming that there are safe pallets funny i have not seen a single safe pallet on that map at all it's nothing but pallets that killers bloodlust around there's 0 safe pallets at all not gonna lie pretty boring map.

There's just to many unsafe pallets and theres not enough actual pallets that a killer cant just slam W and just make pointless behavior i get you are trying to make pallets not so safe but if this is a glimpse of upcoming dbd then you might as well just tell survivors to stand still and let the killer hook them im sorry but someone has gotta say it.

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited September 2019

99% of the pallets are unsafe a killer can hold w boom useless pallet.

Vaults mean nothing if you cant counter a killer holding W sure you can stall but they are gonna get you.

Any killer with any actual game sense is not gonna lose you so line of sight means literally nothing in this but okay cool.

There's not a lot to make up for the fact a killer can just hold W wheres the actual prevention to that my dude THATS the problem there's nothing to stop it people complain about safe pallets but you have to understand what is there for me to do in this situation pretty much nothing that entire map is a Awful design it didnt change much from the PTB at all.

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395
    edited September 2019

I'm rank 1 in both Killer and Survivor and did a lot of DXM when I was younger and destroyed my parietal lobe, and even I think new map sucks.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

the new map sucks for spirit players and just anyone who actually uses sound as killer, with the heartbeat from the portal playing for most of the map, and the mice in the hooks squeking non stop it ON TOP OF the already obnoxiously loud chase music (that should just be outright removed for killers) makes it near IMPOSSIBLE to locate injured survivors, especially since it is a map with multiple floors

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I'm not enjoying it as a survivor. New maps seem to favor the killers at first and it's just not going to be fun until we learn where things might spawn.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I actually really love the map, it's very spacious with a lot of twists and turns. I enjoy it very much.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

The pallets aren’t very safe but the map is balanced landing heaven.

• Gardenia
  • PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

After playing on it a bit, I feel as balanced landing is almost necessary for this map as a lot of the vaults are drop downs. Without BL the killer will almost definitely get a hit off of you at those locations.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,888

the aesthetic is absolutely beautiful though

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

This is not true.

Killers don't even have to break the pallets. They can walk around them and catch up to you instantly.

A lot of the pallets are so unsafe that we might well call them "traps".

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

I agree that there should be more jungle gyms. Some of the best tiles in the game are jungle gyms, my personal favorite and imo most balanced being the LT wall. Very simple tile yet requires skill from both killer and survivor and has good mindgame potential.

• Khaletsky
    Khaletsky Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2019

the thing is these pallets are so useless that even droping it and moving to the next one still guarantees a hit from killer, because it's a lot faster to walk around pallets than destroying them. We have these type of pallets on every map that's ok, but this map is just full of these type of pallets, that's not ok, chases can't last longer than 12 seconds against even average killer players no matter how good survivor at juking he still going to be catched very quickly because he can run only in straight line. Second floor is also feels kinda suicidal because it is full of dead ends.

• Khaletsky
    Khaletsky Member Posts: 32

yo bro are you even playing the same game I do? Only newbs wait at pallets, most of the dropped pallets are suicidal to vault. I intentionally don't break some pallets because it's easier to make survivors waste their time vaulting them while I'm going around and catching them still in a vault on the other side of the pallet, even if they vault back it's not going to save them. Learn abound mindgames and double-backing pls if you think that you have to break every single pallet on the map.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

It’s only day one give it some time before you get used to it.

• Gardenia

I think the problem is that most people don't know what the pallets are for. There not there for a free stun, if you get one that's good. They're there to buy time and make space between you and the killer so dropping it earlier creates a barrier.

I really really REALLY love this map because Chase's in it seem like actual Chase's with twist and turn hallways.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    edited September 2019

I agree running around a pallet or running pallet to pallet spamming space there is No skill in that.

I was hoping devs learned from previous maps nobody likes the other inside maps

As an experience player who have played this game for 1,5k houers people learn Dont drop pallet go for Windows but this map forsing you to drop pallet becuase there is No other way to outplayed the killer or Stay alive. Again hold W spam space that is What this map is

but the look of the map look 10/10

• Gardenia
    edited September 2019

I don't understand this fixation with "skill" sometimes you just want to have fun, not everything has to be big brained and contrived.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

I love jungle gyms, they're where the real mindgames happen. There are many ways for things to go wrong and many ways for things to go right. Pallets are binary and boring.

• skillchecks
    skillchecks Member Posts: 117

yeah, this map needs to be reworked, so many unsafe pallets, tight windows, super claustrophobic. There's not even room for the "mindgames". Every single killer is bloodlusting you until you get hit.

Pls BHVR, stop with this W gamers maps.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

My only problems with the map so far are the lack of value on the upper floor and how it's almost impossible to find any totems.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

In my opinion, the new map is just too loud. I can barely hear the heartbeat as survivor, and it's hard to track survivors too, even with the chase music. Granted, Demo's chase music is kind of muted, but it still effects the rest of the killers. Especially Spirit. If they turned down the sound just a little, I'll be happier. : P

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434

There are already too much pallet in this map.

If you are not good enough to find them.

Just run Windows of Opportunity