PS4 machine broke..?

Swf loading slow

Game crashes when queuing and unqueuing quickly (solo)

“Error joining lobby” appearing constantly

Getting stuck at “looking for match” when failed to join and not being able to cancel or go back to the menu

Lobbies take ages to find a fourth person if stuck at three

M e g a frame drops when playing the new map

Flashing lights (kind of like the campfire?) appear then being sent to the lobby when host disconnects. Really wish I would’ve recorded this one btw lol.

Overall it’s just been a major oof getting into games and having it not crash. :/

On the bright side I’m loving the changes and of course the new chapter. 🥰 Seeing all the new baby dweets just warms my heart. 🤧💖

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I actually haven’t noticed any of this yet, PS4 also.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Haven't played on the new map yet, so I can't say anything about frame drops.

Friendlist/SWF lobbies are super buggy indeed, very long loading times, random error messages, game crashes.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

It's happening to everyone. Even PC

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900
    edited September 2019

Not noticed any frame drop issues, but the SWF system has been glitchy as hell with error messages, lag, crashes.

There's something screwy going on with the dailies, too. I deleted an old daily, got a new daily. Then a minute later it was replaced with an entirely different daily.

• NoShinyPony

Yeah, seems a lot of people are complaining.

Has anybody seen the devs make any kind of statement concerning these issues?

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

It takes forever to find a match for me on PS4.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    edited September 2019

(Ps4 specific)

Joining lobbies SWF we have frequent drops of one player into killer lobbies. When you go back to the lobby and try again same issue. We are just creating new lobbies like before.

SWF with 4 people near impossible to get all 4 into killer lobby so I'd avoid that for the time being.

Frequent game crashes with SWF lobbies as well. Current count is one in three matches one of us either can't load in, shows loaded in lobby but they can't do anything (choose characters, add item etc) or they are "greyed out" on one or anothers screen but they can't see it.

With PS4 we have a smaller base so they may tackle PC before us but I think they'll patch it soon. Given all the changes and the badass new DLC I'm sure the volume of new/current users adds to it.

Edit: words

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395

No issues here on PS4. I have been face camping survivors with Leatherface, Insidious, and NOED all night without a problem.

• NoShinyPony

Can you say anything about survivor matchmaking, especially SWF, or did you only play killer?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Oh and the matchmaking system is complete nonsense. My friends and I are a mix of red and purple ranks, and we have been paired with rank 17-20 killers.

Been messaging them and apologizing afterwards because it feels like bullying. These poor new killers.

• NoShinyPony

Yeah. I haven't played a lot since rank reset, so I'm still rank 10. My teammate is in the yellow ranks (also experienced, but doesn't play a lot) and we are getting brand new killers and survivors.

• OverdoseT
    OverdoseT Member Posts: 57

Same errors like OP here

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433

The new update has broken the game for me. Unable to find matches. Tons of errors including host, match not found, NAT type, stuck on finding match. Even if you manage to get into a lobby, getting into loading crashes the game for someone and the match gets cancelled. It feels like I wasted my 12 euros.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Same problems for me, yes. The flashing is weird. First game tonight it went loading out forever. Often, after I Continue after a match, I disconnect back to the lobby or to the character screen with an error message. Good thing I still have my points.

The worst was when I was doing well in a match and the system crashed to a blue screen and kicked me back to the desktop. The game shut down entirely and I had to restart it.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Only issues i have on PS4 is sometimes when a match ends i get stuck on an infinite survivors running screen.

• FarFromDead
    FarFromDead Member Posts: 7

Dose anyone else playing on ps4 keep getting put in an infinite loading screen when getting killed in end game?

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
  • karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210

PS4 - I can't do more than one game without getting the infinite load screen after everymatch and have to quit game and start again. But... I've found if I quit to main menu before I start looking for new match it works 9/10.

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151
    edited September 2019

It happen to me in the first game after the update release. Was the issue reported @ bug section?

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Host cannot be reached... a million times. I bought the DLC, downloaded it... and couldn’t play for about an hour.