Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

It's gunna suck to be new

Of the 4 highly anticipated games I played last night, not one of them was enjoyable, as the killer. No I'm not the best but I have been playing for about a year now, so I understand how this game works and the do's and don'ts.

I'm not going to turn this into a complain post, just saying any new players that end up in the same match Making I did, with no perks, blood points, or a clue about this game, is going to think it's a game where a poor killer is forced to atempt to sacrifice 4 God like survivors.

Heaven forbid they get Hawkins lab, I honestly though pallets were respanwing with the amount that there were.

See you in the fog...

Comments

• RipperShark
    RipperShark Member Posts: 17

I was getting rank 2-3 survivors as a rank 16 killer.

Seems like as long as there is a "bridge", one survivor that is within the allowed matchmaking range, it doesn't matter what rank the others are. Might only work for SWFs; not sure.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

@RipperShark it's not a good look. I was pretty much walked on, I don't imagine anyone who just bought the game is going to enjoy getting a ######### stomping as the killer, which is the power roll.

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395

I'm surprised the game retains as many players as it does.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

@StupidPallets I don't see this chapter release having the lasting impact they'd hope for. If like to think I fall into the average player demographic, and with the current match making I want enjoying it.

If a new player were to get matched up with purples and greens, they'd learn nothing besides this game is wack.

I can't speak for the survivor side of things how ever.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Turns out that pumping out new content, and cosmetics/skins like madmen isnt gonna make the game grow, if the core game is not fixed. Matchmaking, P2P, not balanced for all ranks, partially gamebreaking bugs, and frustrating and toxic playstyles both on killer and survivor are still the main thornes in making this game successful.

I seriously wonder when Behaviour is finally gonna realise that.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2019

@ABannedCat I've had this exact conversation with others recently. And Unfortunately, I don't really believe Behavior will ever learn. And this isn't on the Dev Team, but on those in upper management who make the decisions and give the orders and allocate the resources.

The past year alone, at least on Steamcharts, clearly shows they aren't gaining many new players from free weekends, and pretty much drop back to the same, normal numbers a week or two after a 50% sale. New players aren't really being retained on PC.

New DLCs and shiny new horror licenses aren't going to change that; not when the core game has so many problems, especially for new players.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Last night we had two rank 3s, a rank 15, and a level 1 rank 20. It's been painful. I'm not touching this game for at least a week now to see if things get sorted. It was a freaking disaster trying to play yesterday.